It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are our House and Senate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Supposedly we have an assortment of National Crisis on hand in this country.

Haven't they been watching the news? The country is falling apart!

Buuuuutt ya know? Vacation Time.

You would think, being elected officials, that they would be more,
worried that while they are on vacation, kids are dying at the border.

42,000 Coast Guards members having to go with out receiving payment, and
they don't make near the amount as a Congressman or a Senator would make.

Vacation! Get your asses back to work until the people are happy with your job performance!

Damn I wish Gunny was around to whip your ass's in shape.

Am I wrong?

www.aace.com...

edit on 27-12-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Haven't they been watching the news?

Maybe what you have seen on tv and read online isn't the whole truth?

Maybe things arn't as bad as you are being told.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Haven't they been watching the news?

Maybe what you have seen on tv and read online isn't the whole truth?

Maybe things arn't as bad as you are being told.

So no kids died at the border? 42 thousand Coast Guard members are being paid? Which one is not the truth?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Trump's still there isn't he? Aren't they worried he may cause damage or get us into a third world war? Apparently not.

Don't mess with people on Christmas vacation. They didn't mind voting themselves a raise but to hell with the taxpayers.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo
Trump's still there isn't he? Aren't they worried he may cause damage or get us into a third world war? Apparently not.

Don't mess with people on Christmas vacation. They didn't mind voting themselves a raise but to hell with the taxpayers.

I think the President should be more vocal about all these problems that people claim exist, and point out how it is not that important to our Legislative Branch. They had more important things to do than help run a country. The Coast Guard put themselves on the line, that is the least our government leaders should do to ensure they are taken care of.

But no. Vacation.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

WARNING! You're going to get a posting suspension, if a mod sees how you started this thread without following any rules. Just add one link to something related to your subject, and you should be OK...maybe.

That being said, Congress only works 142 days a year. I was so startled by that, I started a thread on it in 2017.
edit on 12/27/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It's awful what they are doing? People are not being paid, who guard our country, fight, die, but they bi@ch about Trump and he needs to be impeached and stopped, but they don't mind leaving him there for a few weeks alone running the country.
That's proof they are talking to hear themselves talk.

They should all be ashamed of the themselves, but they are not.

Vacation! Get your asses back to work until the people are happy with your job performance!

This was too funny .....

edit on 27-12-2018 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thx for that.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Firstly. Calm yourself.

Secondly. Government shuts down all the time. For some strange reason the media is being detailed with this one. I think because of Trump. So there's that.

Thirdly. Kids die all the time. Everywhere. If you have any anger it should be towards the parents or adult that forced those little people to make that voyage without being prepared for it. Yeah its sad. Circle of life.

Lastly. Tread softly and carry a big stick.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: carewemust

Thx for that.

Excellent! It's frustrating when you're suspended, and want to say something, LOL.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

....Probably St. Moritz...maybe the Maldives...some may be hanging out in The Hamptons.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Secondly. Government shuts down all the time. For some strange reason the media is being detailed with this one. I think because of Trump. So there's that.

Trumps is still about his duties. They are the one's on vacation, while we are in a crisis. right?

Thirdly. Kids die all the time. Everywhere. If you have any anger it should be towards the parents or adult that forced those little people to make that voyage without being prepared for it. Yeah its sad. Circle of life.

Got it. Kids die. No big deal to you. Completely ignore the 42,000 servicemen. I think our House and Senate are doing just fine in that category. Hence the thread.

Lastly. Tread softly and carry a big stick.

Or the other one. Don't Tread on me.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

....Probably St. Moritz...maybe the Maldives...some may be hanging out in The Hamptons.

This isn't going to turn out well for our Senators and Congressmen.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

contactsenators.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

We are the great unwashed, the small peons for which our only true job is to lavish praise upon the godlings that rule us.

Amen.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Fifty. I mean lastly. Which makes the second to the last lastly fourthly. So yeah.

Lastly. Not sure if you know how the average government employee is paid but it's bi-monthly. So yeah. They got paid and it being closed until the first is pushing it. Liberals are going to need their pissing away money. Need that amazon fix while getting patted by likes and shares.

The problem are echo chambers. Echo chambers.
edit on 27-12-2018 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul
Fifty. I mean lastly. Which makes the second to the last lastly fourthly. So yeah.

Lastly. Not sure if you know how the average government employee is paid but it's bi-monthly. So yeah. They got paid and it being closed until the first is pushing it. Liberals are going to need their pissing away money. Need that amazon fix which getting patted by likes and shares.

The problem are echo chambers. Echo chambers.

I think that echo chambers is exactly what is needed to address this problem. Congress and Senate need to go back and figure something out.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Depends on the echo. Echo.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We are the great unwashed, the small peons for which our only true job is to lavish praise upon the godlings that rule us.

Amen.

Is that in Psalms?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

contactsenators.com...

www.schumer.senate.gov...

lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join