It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shards of the Past. A Darth Vader mini-series.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet.

geektyrant.com...

I’ve got a Star Wars fan film for you to watch today that you are not going to want to miss! I watch a hell of a lot of Star Wars fan films, but this Vader: Episode I - Shards of the Past completely blew me away! When I saw this in my inbox, I wasn’t expecting to watch something so freakin’ good.

The film is set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. “Anakin Skywalker is DEAD. For eight months, the mysterious Darth Vader has enforced the Emperor's commands. Fighting between the loss of Padme, and the new cursed life he now leads, Vader must do what must be done when a surviving Jedi Master from Order 66 has lured him to the home planet of his late wife's tomb...”

This is a fan-theory film that dives heavily into Vader as he struggles with his feelings for Padme and broken promises...

I got more enjoyment out of this $150k fan film then I got from The Last Jedi.

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Hefficide shared this on Facebook the other day. I thought it was really cool too. I didn't care for the Darth Sidious actor, but overall it was very good.

I still enjoyed Last Jedi too though.
I know it's not "cool" to like anything anymore, everything is terrible blah blah blah. But I didn't have a problem with it.

Okay, maybe the Leia space Jedi bit was ridiculous, but otherwise it wasn't bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Impressive, most impressive....

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Aarrgh ok then I'll concede, the Last Jedi was a good movie, if you forget about ep 7. He screwed too many plot setups just cause he could.

Then calls the fans names which should have got him fired.

Last Jedi is only crap if you include it as ep 8.

Disney is rumoured to do a Star Wars reboot cause of Last Jedi and Solo (liked Solo personally).

Why do a reboot when you can just disregard ep 8.

Coomba98

Edit.
Scrap the roboot talk, just searched it and could not find any articles about what I said.

Thought I read it on news.com.au, chances are I saw it on a random YouTube clip.

As such treat it as hogwash until verified.

Coomba98
edit on 27-12-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I thought Solo was actually really good.

Donald Glover as Lando alone was worth the ticket price.

I have a feeling that when it hits Netflix next month and people actually watch it they're going to be pleasantly surprised.

On topic, if you like this video look for other fan films on youtube there are lots of really good ones.

Lucasfilm under Lucas gave fans "rights" to make fan films and put them on youtube, etc. I don't know what the policy is under Disney.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yeah I liked Solo too. The end part with you know who made an entrance, I wet myself just a little!!
(Best SW character ever!!)

I've seen about a dozen fan films, most are good.

Disney allows fan films but under strict circumstances, such as not charging for it being one of the big ones.

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Solo was good
Rogue One was far better

Episode 7 was shocking and I think my dog made a better version of The Last Jedi on the lawn this morning.

Episode 1,2 and 3 are vastly superior to both of those. I’m not looking forward to episode 9. But I’ll watch it.

Shards of the Past looks good, looking forward to the rest of the series.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The film Disney Should have made, sorry forget that the Film Lucas Art's should have made but of course they should never have been sold to Darth Mickey.

IF Disney was serious about making Star Wars movies they would have recruited the original writers.
I mean there has got to be more force users out there than just the Jedi and the Sith, there are the will's if you go to old star wars lore, the monk's of various sect's throughout the Galaxy some of whom like the Jedi and the Sith can use light sabers as well and several other sect's but give it to Disney and instead of a few Jedi hiding out, a tyrannical empire whom only go and destroy the best plot setting in the star wars universe by destroying the core world's with there under world's, crime syndicates and black markets hiding among there vast city world populations and below them.

I felt like the new movies were an outright attack on Star Wars by someone whom did not really like the saga, the acting was fair enough and I have no problem with that but what was original, star killer base was crap and just a re-spin of the death star (that somehow had the ability to eat sun's and compress them in a space that should have turned that compressed material into a black hole - I mean come on disney star wars gave kid's and interest in these thing's and those kid's grew up to be adult's so if you are going to do something do it right for god's sake).

In there own right the three Disney movies are Good - Solo was great but also somehow lacked something while the force awakens' and the last Jedi were missing a lot more and I would argue that there are better fan film's than those thing's, the set's were too small for example and the starting world should have been shown with more star wars inspired street's and imaginary star wars vehicles, even alien architecture instead of a disused dock's setting which felt claustrophobic and too small for the star wars universe (despite the star destroyers in it's sky or the grey sky's so reminiscent of English weather with it's moderately larger views during the chase) of the original trilogy which even with limited set's and special effects capability's strives to create vast panorama's making the mind of the observer expand to try to encompass huge imaginary world's filling with near endless possibility's, disney has so far forgotten this essential ingredient (as well as a decent story and great characters which they actually do not have) and many more ingredient's that made the original trilogy great, star killer base despite supposedly being a planet felt smaller than the death star for example except for the scene with the idiot comedy relief imperial officer rousing his troop's with a speech.

Snoke was rubbish and died too easily on his throne, no Darth that one.

Better plot, the empire has fallen - the few Syth that had emerged to join Darth Sidious as underling's had mostly fled with it's fall but some had tried to set up there own petty warlord empires and for over a generation the reformed republic fleet grown from the original rebel alliance has been combating them, clan's from the outer rim including Mandalorian's now threaten the peace and there are as yet far too few Jedi trained by master Skywalker to bring peace or security.
In the ashes of the empire the future is uncertain for the liberated republic, crime run's rampant and slavery has returned to many world's were tandoshan raiders and other's have struck.

But Nooo!, Disney only has to go and take the whole vast galaxy of star wars and condense it down into a cup sized plot that is so full of holes you could strain spaghetti with it.

If there is one lesson Disney seem to have not learned it is that big budget and a bought franchise a good film do not make.
If they are ever going to win back the trust of the star wars fan's they need to start making actual star wars movies.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have been following the making of this on Youtube pretty sure it comes from StarWarsTheory but there are a few creatives involved love this kind of thing honestly.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You know in what you wrote you have actually made several factual errors and made it sound like you know what your talking about when any die-hard fan can spot a "fake fan-boy". I don't say that to be disrespectful, its just how I see it.

For example you write about thee Disney Star Wars Movies when there has been four released so far, you say the problem was that they didn't get the original writers involved. Yet Lawrence Kasdan was involved in writing Empire and RoJ also has a writers credit for TFA and Solo and even Lucas has had some involvement. The Guardians of the Whills are in Rogue one but you make mention of doing what Lucas wanted to do originally and if you look at what he had planned for the Whills in 7,8,9 it looks just awful.. Then you go on talking about other sects of forces users outside the Sith/Jedi and how you want them involved when thats also already happened with the Nightsisters of Dathomir and now the Chiss.

I mean you're right about Snoke not being a Sith so that fair enough but I don't think you realised that you got that bit right......

ohhh and StarKiller bases didn't destroy all of the core worlds just the Hosnian system so all those seedy criminals are still kicking about.

Now I am not saying this to have a go at you rather its because I see quite a few Star Wars fans who bring up issues like you have and yet when you actually drill down into it they are not issues. You say you wanted the original writers involved or instance, yet there is good old Larry writing two of the four movies for example.

What I find even stranger is that your ideal plot you describe at the end is actually not all that far off how things went down after the Battle of Jaku with Operation Cinder.

Don't get me wrong the new Star Wars universe has its problems I think we might just disagree on what they are. If I could change one thing personally I would get rid of Kathleen Kennedy and get Kevin Fegie to takeover now that Marvel is totally established.
edit on 28-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The sad irony of the Star Wars universe is that it's biggest fans have immersed themselves in that world to such great detail

that they've lost the ability to just watch the films and have a fun ride.

...and thus, they have lost the joy which brought them there in the first place.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Totally agree even though I am one of those freaks who gets immersed in the universe but whenever go to that galaxy far far away a long time ago I take myself back to that 8 year old kid just enjoying the fantasy world it is. I try not to get too caught up in plot holes and some of the stupid stuff that happens so long as its entertains me I don't care. Its like in the last Jedi, Hyperspace ramming, most amazing thing av seen in a cinema in a long time but huge plot hole. Rather than worry about why didn't they do that before I am just glad I lived at a time where I could set in a 3d IMAX and see that

top topics

join