It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bermuda and atlantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
have you ever heard of the bermuda triangle which took over 200 vessels i think that atlantis and the bermuda triangle is some how related i think that the civilization of antlantis went missing when they created some kind of cloaking device and it got skrwed up thus creating the barrier now known as the bermuda triangle or the gateway to hell

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"gateway to hell"

Lol.

As for Atlantis, we have really no proof of that existing, so don't be so fast to try and make connections.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No cloaking device. It's about gas released from the soil [under the sea] that sinks the ships.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Many esteemed scholars believe in both the existence of the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis.

I suggest you read "The Bermuda Triangle" by Charles Berlitz, who arrives at the same conclusion that you did and devotes a couple chapters to Atlantis. After this book, he went on to write "Atlantis" or "Atlantis: The Eighth Continent" or some title similar to that.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This has been discussed a lot here...below is just a couple of each...it's good to use the search and then add to an existing thread..

Atlantis
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bermuda

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Berlitz has been pretty stiffly contested (i be nice and i wont claim he is completely debunked) by Kusche.

The Bermuda Triangle has not seen a significantly higher percentage of losses than any comparable shipping lane. For those craft which do disappear, simple answers do exist.
The breakup of Methane Hydrates into Methane gas can alter the density of the water so greatly that vessels lose buoyance, actually casing them to sink to capsize. Methane Hydrates are found in tremendous quantity along the continental shelves and in the Bermuda Triangle. Reports of oily looking water, stronge mists, and foam on the water associated with accounts are all consistent with Methane Hydrate release.
The area is prone to storms, which would make it a dangerous area for shipping, especially in the days before accurate weather forecasting. Many accounts claiming that ships disappeared on calm seas are in direct contradiction of weather reports for those dates.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kusche's research revealed a number of inconsistencies between Berlitz's accounts and statements from eyewitnesses, participants, and others involved in the initial incidents. He noted cases where pertinent but late-arriving information went unreported.
An ore carrier Berlitz recounts as lost without trace three days out of an Atlantic port was actually lost three days out of a port of the same name in the Pacific Ocean. Kusche argues that a large percentage of the incidents attributed to the Bermuda triangle's mysterious influence actually occurred well outside it.

Last but not least, Atlantis was supposed to be so close to Gibralter than when it sank there was an impassible barrier of mud barring access to the sea. The triangle isn't even close.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
but wasn't the technology from antlantis greater than the technology we have today though there is no evidence to prove that nor to prove my theorie is right but if you think about it this could be true also no one would know anything about it because every thing that went into that death trap never came back... alive anyway.....

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Last I heard 60 Planes & Ships were going a year and that the triangle was growing in size. I don't recall the ratio. Read Berlitz and others.

Methane gas is having a hard time proving all the past and ongoing vanishing acts of Aircraft, without so much as a mayday from the pilots.
I'm sure methane gas can account for a small percentage of the missing boats and ships and one oil rig, but only a small percentage.

Why can't a large percentage of the missing planes and ships be located?, there isn't even any surface debri found.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Last I heard 60 Planes & Ships were going a year and that the triangle was growing in size. I don't recall the ratio. Read Berlitz and others.

The size of the triangle is growing because if you don't fudge the facts they don't look very interesting. The triangle extends into the pacific too you know- read the quote I provided above. Berlitz's research was so poor that he attributed a missing ship IN THE PACIFIC to the Bermuda Triangle.

Methane gas is having a hard time proving all the past and ongoing vanishing acts of Aircraft, without so much as a mayday from the pilots. I'm sure methane gas can account for a small percentage of the missing boats and ships and one oil rig, but only a small percentage.

Actually methane discharges could bring down a plane, especially a plane with a piston-driven engine. Those engines need a good supply of oxygen to run properly. Also you make no claim, not even a rationalization, to support your assertion that only a small percentage of ship disappearances can be explained by methane discharges.
Furthermore, pilots don't generally disappear without so much as a mayday. I have never heard of any story of a plane simply dropping off of radar once and for all, never to be heard from again, and I defy you to show me such a case, especially one not involving the infamous Martin Mariner "flying bomb". Flight 19 was composed of students except for one pilot, the instructor. They got lost, remained in contact for hours, faded on and off of radar as they ran around in circles, and it can be assumed that per their agreement over the radio, they ditched their planes together when the first one of them ran out of fuel.
Interestingly enough while we are discussing flight 19, Berlitz misreports that all of the pilots were experts, when most of them were students. Berlitz also falsely claims that it was calm seas that evening and therefore that the TVA Avengers should have remained afloat, however in truth the weather had worsened that evening and it was not considered surprising that the aircraft were lost landing on such rough seas.

Why can't a large percentage of the missing planes and ships be located?, there isn't even any surface debri found.

The Bermuda Triangle is massive, just look at the map in the wikipedia link I gave you. It's easily 3 or 4 times the size of the state of Florida. When a craft disappears at an undefined point in an area that large, your chances of finding the wreck are practically nil. Furthermore, the means of the sinking will play a huge role. These craft aren't being torpedoed (i dont think) so they aren't breaking up and littering the ocean surface with tons of stuff. They are probably going down whole with their contents trapped inside. Freak waves, Methane Hydate emissions, storms, etc can EASILY cause disappearances without a trace.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Interesting points. Just because you never heard of a plane dropping off radar in the triangle that means it never happened?, well it did many times and the same with ships without a mayday.
I agree the Berlitz book slanted a little and I'm not defending his theories. As I said in response to openning thread - I read it.

Piston engine planes falling from the sky 'cause of methane?, yes that's possible I'm aware of the theories but I'm talking jets, passenger jets on approach and then - gone. Recorded in the Triangle history books.

I'll suppose your offering your opinion?, as I have or do we bring out the books on the facts of some of the losses, ie No Debri - No Mayday and in some flight cases Gone from the radar screen. Flight 19 I won't go there for now.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
No cloaking device. It's about gas released from the soil [under the sea] that sinks the ships.

I can understand how it sink ships, but how about aeroplanes that have been disapearing?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I watched a recent show on the discovery channel and they showed teh kind of havoc that methane gas causes on jet aircraft instruments...it's not pretty. Methane gas causes the air to be thinner, thus gauges appear to show incredibly rapid increases in altitutde. Correction for this kind of increase using gauges would cause even jet planes to disappear into the ocean.

I don't think there is any kind of mystical thing happening in the triangle. It can all be explained for the most part naturally...However, there will always be cases or specific incidents where we don't know exactly what happened.

Rather than trying to conjure up some remote possibility of what happened, it's usually best and most accurate to use the simplist solution.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Interesting points. Just because you never heard of a plane dropping off radar in the triangle that means it never happened?, well it did many times and the same with ships without a mayday.

But all you're doing is saying it. What I'm asking for is a date and flight number. Where is the documentation. What I'm saying is that if there aren't more verifiable documented disappearances in the triangle than in comparable places then there is nothing mysterious going on.

I'll suppose your offering your opinion?, as I have or do we bring out the books on the facts of some of the losses, ie No Debri - No Mayday and in some flight cases Gone from the radar screen. Flight 19 I won't go there for now.

As I said there is nothing impressive about failing to find the debris of an aircraft that was lost in an area bigger than most states. The limited scope of rescue operations must also be considered. It's not like the whole navy goes out and grid searches the triangle whenever some genius crashes his plane out there, and there is nothing strange about failing to get a mayday call from a sudden occurance. If you're cruising with your aircraft on auto-pilot and methane screwing with the guages causes your autopilot to put you into a dive- what are you going to do first- try not to die, or get on the radio?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
hey vaga u know that the us government is skrewd up and i think the only documents they ever released that i know of is the kecksburg documents and that was released by N.A.S.A you can do a search of them at yahoo.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Actually some say that when Plato referred to Atlantis, he was really speaking of Athens. All of the physical descriptions of the architecture and so on are very similar to that of Athens.

He started writing about Atlantis after Socrates was sentenced to death, and it was something that Plato never got over. He was very angry with Rome and therefore started writing about Atlantis, ie: Athens, as the perfect place where someone like Socrates would have lived freely.

top topics

join