It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market Shopping List during crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I prefer and do mostly investment in real estate properties. However, I'm looking to use some play money and do some of my own trading to get a little deeper in the stock market . Especially since prices appear to have come down a bit over the holidays.

A couple companies I see that took a hit that might be worth throwing some money into are: Now keep in mind I know Sh1t about the stock market so do your own research.

BRK.B $193.42 This one has been a good producer for me

AMZN 1,415.53 AMZN is a beast and it looks like the sky is the limit with this one , and they are getting into just about everything . It looks like they are going to get into distribution and medical which could be huge .

W 88.80 not sure on this one but they are doing a lot of advertising and have branded themselves pretty good. Could end up as an amzn challenger down the road? Wouldn't be surprised if Walmart or the likes buys them out.

ORCL 43.85 Cant believe how low this one is as most business and gov't run on oracle even AMZN but they are looking to get away from them.

WMT 89.29 Another that I Cant believe how much lower walmart is compared to amzn. I know the brick and mortar is a thing of the past but walmart prior to AMZN was the leader in implementing technology. I cant imagine Walmart not revamping themselves to really give amzn a run for its money.

MSFT 98.39 Cant stand windows 10 but cant get away from these bastards. apple and linux still have a way to give MSFT a run for its money on the business and gov't world.

AAPL 152.18 I think the best of apple has come and they appear to have struggle with really being the leader of innovation, but they have a cult following. Hence I think it will continue to go up as they have not only a cult following but they have done a good job of getting their customers stuck into their apple ecosystem.

What are your suggestions and thoughts on the above stocks , any good one you see as a must buy?

edit on 021231America/ChicagoThu, 27 Dec 2018 11:02:41 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Pretty good bets I would say. Microsoft is putting all of their eggs into the cloud basket but I think they will come out on top in that market. Lightyears ahead of AWS, Google cloud, et all in terms of certifications and government compliances. Plus they aquired GitHub so yeah that's a pretty big deal.

Personally, I will be buying a few solid crypto alts at all time lows with each check the next couple years to stock up for the next bull run.

I'ma get those millions this time around.
edit on 27-12-2018 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you interpret this December rout as a buying opportunity, there are a multitude of opportunities to be had. I have been looking at the aerospace and defense companies these past few days and I see potential there to purchase stocks that pay dividends as well. Bowing, Lockheed, General Dynamics, etc.

I'm still not sure we have seen a bottom and fear jumping back in right now. I fear 2019 is going to be a rough year.

Sure bets are food, clothing and war.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Heck yeah, that's a good list... notice the spy companies that are in bed with the gov, or are actually ran by them , like amazon, google, apple, samsung doing awe-some.

You should buy bitcoin!!

Lol jk, no

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Some people call me crazy but I always see these flash crashes as super sales, at the very least it is a good opportunity to dollar cost average if you have faith in the long term performance of your investment. If you are new and looking to get in, you have lots of choices on your list but I will tell you that I sense a change coming that most of us are not prepared for and it will not be good so make sure to have physical gold silver and lead as part of your portfolio.

As always don't ever take investment advice from people on the internet.
edit on 27-12-2018 by MJZilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

LOL

Rice, Beans, Canned Food, Toilet paper

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LON:SOU
edit on 27/12/2018 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

silver and gold starting to move the needle a little looks like the markets are shifting to preserve wealth during the correction

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

ARTH They make synthetic blood. If they can find the threshold where it becomes accepted over the traditional means, it will be a big day for them.

Should they develop a synthetic blood more efficient than natural blood, it will be a huge day for them, medicine, and possibly the next forced evolution of man kind.

All that said, it's about the same as throwing some chips on the roulette table.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I only buy when the market goes down big. Also, I like options better than stocks. I don’t like owning equities when I can make the money without them and leverage bigger profits.

Another good thing about options is you can make money on any volatility. That way as long as the market is moving and you have the right option you make money. The only bad market is a stagnant market.

Thwt said I do own some stocks via my equity funds and some really solid companies that I just hold and forget.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

it's a lot like playing the follow on roulette on black/red

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Not exactly.

Gambling is random while markets can be somewhat predictable. Markets are predictable because human behavior is predictable. When everyone is doing the same thing you know to do the opposite.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

what I mean is you play off the volatility, if you get let's say a black/red/black/red/black combo on the board you are either going to get a black or zero next and if you don't get a black or zero next you double your bet on the next red to make your money back

you play on the back and forth

but yes with stocks it's a bit more predictable but when you have a president coming out and telling people to buy it throws everything out of wack

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

this guy states exactly what I've been trying to say all year long

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

One thing Ive heard about Oracle:

Many companies will pay a person for telling them about major bugs in their software. If you send Oracle information about a zero day expolit they will often sit on the information for years doing nothing. If you then get so concerned about it going unpatched that you go to the public or tell the media that a major known bug is not being fixed they will sue you in court. Ethical or not, it doesn't seem like the best way to fortify software. Say you are trying to fortify an imaginary castle. You might have the experts discuss any weaknesses in the structure or the defenses so that you can make building improvements or at least know where you have a blind spot. You don't ban all the villagers from talking about what an obviously weak castle it is. Keeping the fact obscure doesn't stop the information from getting out. The townies aren't the problem, the fortifications are the problem. If you aren't going to reward the white knight telling you about the ways the enemy is going to break in, at least patch the hole that he's talking about. You don't chop his head off.
edit on 12/27/2018 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: revswim

Oh yeah I'm all aware of Oracles BS having to deal with them. However, they do own the DB world for now.

Although they have been on a mission to piss of their client base to possibly a level that would make comcast blush with their licensing methods , recent changes to Java and recently pissing off Amazon saying why would people use Amazon when Amazon uses oracle in their backend. The result Amazon is working hard to move of oracle.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
LON:SOU

+36.84% since mentioned. Given the way it went up today and the news due it could be a good time to get in despite the rises of the last two days. As ever with stocks, do your own research. And especially with AIM, don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In 07 the market hit the bottom right before they announced bail outs. It's got a while to go before it bottoms out. The best deal I saw in 07 was general motors at $2 a share. We have a saying in Detroit so goes the economy as goes the auto industry. When the economy tanks the auto industry is the first to get hit. Everyone here gets laid off when things slow down. From speaking with family and friends in the auto industry it slowing down but it hasn't come to a halt. It will though if things keep going the way they are. I wish I would have bought a ton of GM stock when they were begging the government for hand outs. I would stay away from Crystler they're too unpredictable but Ford would be a good investment if it bottoms out.

If Tech stocks get hammered and they go begging for handouts thats when to buy. I would keep an eye out for the market to dip bellow 13,000. Thats when you'll make the real money.
edit on 29-12-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

My List Is ..

SELL SELL SELL , then Get the Hell Out before I Lose my Shirt until 2021 comes around .....
edit on 29-12-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join