It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hit piece or Trump is lying about a pay raise for the military?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Xtrozero

the commander and chief lying to his troops regarding a pay raise is no big deal???

wow

Did he tell the troop he got them 10% "or more" pay raise? He said many numbers from 2% to 10% as he explained that he wanted basically as much as he could get... He said he wanted 10% or even more... He didn't say "I got you a 10% pay raise"...

Big cheers at the end, no one cared... but you it seems...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

you're damn right i care. lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

“Is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?” Trump said, asking for a show of hands. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

he didnt say that?

Dude.... Read the damn statement in whole... geez...let me make it simple...

Anybody willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?.........you haven't gotten one in more than 10 years....

He is saying they have not gotten a BIG pay raise in a long time... and that is true... he says the word BIG 4 times, but you then suggest he said NO pay raise....

Don't lie!!!

Just a great example of how people interpret things to fit their agenda...

edit on 27-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

you're damn right i care. lol

Are you in the military?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

lies

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Talk about a nothing burger...fully dressed.

With a side of OMB.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

does it matter? lol

i was an officer's wife, lol. lived right outside quantico when my ex was in OCS. both my kids were born in military hospitals - portsmouth and camp pendelton.

none of that matters, tho - he lied and it's shameful. he doesn't care about anything but his own damn ego and that makes him dangerous.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

lies

Lol its your posting of his quote...

So did he mean they have not gotten a BIG pay raise in a long time, or did he mean they have not gotten ANY pay raise in a long time...

I'm telling you that 6 straight years of 1%ish is like the worst period of military raises in modern history...Trump had a point though maybe not 100% correct.

Now after all this do you still say he lied?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

none of that matters, tho - he lied and it's shameful. he doesn't care about anything but his own damn ego and that makes him dangerous.

Can you explain what he lied about?

He didn't say "I got you a 10% pay raise" and he didn't say you have not gotten a pay raise in 10 years...So what was the lie...please explain...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24063096]Xtrozero[/post

oh please.. go find your integrity i'm sure it's somewhere.
edit on 27-12-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But trump is just flat out lying.... all the time.... over big things and small... Its kind of a mental defect with him.
Like the boasting all the time.
He is compensating for some lack... money dont by love....

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But trump is just flat out lying.... all the time.... over big things and small... Its kind of a mental defect with him.

How do you know he compensating? Or are you lying?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

oh please.. go find your integrity i'm sure it's somewhere.

My statements are true Ms Officer wife...lol

I'm asking you what was his lie(s) in his speech he gave... Give me one..

I have over 3 years in the desert alone of close to 30 years total in the military, my integrity is just fine.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It was 3% in the beginning of Obamas terms 08,09,10,11 and was 1% a year from 12-16.

Those were average raise amounts for decades before.

He wanted to get some love back from his audience but it wasn't his base and the usual the dems are suckass scumbags didnt play so he reverted to making empty promises and lies.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

School: Madam your son tells lies to his teacher and classmaates.

Mother: So?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There is a difference between the COLA (Cost of living adjustment) federal employees receive across the board and an actual raise. COLAs are based off of the federal inflation figure ECI, while raises are from Congressional budget action based on White House recommendations. From 2011 onward, none of the increases exceeded the ECI and during Obama's final 3 years, he recommended something called "Alternative Pay Adjustment" and the increases were below the ECI.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I agree Trump boasts all the time, loves to play the showman and exaggerates the crap out of many things... so what...

"Really big crowd, the biggest ever..." as example... so what...

Now if you want to compare Trump's embellishments with lies from our past two Presidents I'm sure you have many posts about both of them costing America trillions and 1000 of American lives from their small REAL lies, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: TinySickTears

Let me translate.

He is talking about the 10% increase in military spending, which includes the pay raise. This is more likely than "he'z lying" because he goes into the record increase in military budget later in the same speech.

No, he's lying because he's lying. And no, he wasn't talking about 10% increase in military spending.

The Hill - Trump bragged to troops about 10 percent pay raise that they have not received

"They said: 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.' I said: 'No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent,' " Trump told the troops. "Because it's been a long time. It's been more than 10 years. That's a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations."

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
The Military love your great president, like your veterans do and your police and border force do and more than 50% of your peoples
To much pickled fake left fascist media, you it seems have been brainwashed , good job.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It was 3% in the beginning of Obamas terms 08,09,10,11 and was 1% a year from 12-16.

Those were average raise amounts for decades before.

He wanted to get some love back from his audience but it wasn't his base and the usual the dems are suckass scumbags didnt play so he reverted to making empty promises and lies.

Why do you lie????

Bush was still President in 08, and that was set in 07
09 was set in 08 by Bush once again
10 was Obama at 3.4%
11-16 was 1%ish not 12-16
17 was Obama 2.1%
18 is Trump 2.6%

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join