It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hit piece or Trump is lying about a pay raise for the military?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Always thought it incredibly odd that the members of the Armed Forces are taxed at all.

The pay comes from the state, then the state takes a portion back? Makes a lot of sense...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I paid my own salary lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Propagandalf

if the president would just say what he means this kind of # wouldnt happen

but when you lie all the time its hard to say what you mean

quite the pickle

Do you realize that every statement any person makes can easily be a labeled as a lie, right? With an army of "fact checking" idiots analyzing every word a person utters there isn't too many statements that can pass 100% true by anyone. Especially when a person is talking ab lib for the moment.

I'm not going to defend Trump, I'm just going to say that the vast majorly of what the left screams as LIES!!! have zero impact on anything...

edit on 27-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He may have wanted a big raise for them but he only signed a tiny one.

It was the biggest raise since Bush... 6 years at 1%ish and I can see 2.6 as a big deal...lol. If you listen to the full 25 minutes he talks about a lot of things mainly at high levels. I personally don't think he meant to suggest that he got the troops 10% "or more" in a pay raise when the 2.6% was already posted as a done deal, already known by all.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

should we call it an alternative fact?

or, fake news?

lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
When I got back from Afghanistan Obama gave me a 1% pay cut due to tax increases throughout 2014 and 2015. That was after a supposed pay raise that he extolled as help for the troops.

His taxes wiped all that out and bit a chunk out of my check.

This idea that we have continually seen pay raises is BS. Those raises are regularly wiped out by heavy taxation.

This would be the first pay raise that wasn't immediately taxed away.

What tax increase in 2014 and 2015 are you talking about? The only thing I can think of would be the individual mandate which wouldn't have applied to you?

Either way, even if there was a tax increase, as long as it wasn't specific to military folks, your statement doesn't really make a lot of sense. If my boss gives me a raise and taxes go up, I don't turn to my boss and say you didn't give me a raise because my taxes went up.

Trump said there had been no raises in the last 10 years. The fact is that there have been raises every year for the last 10 years (and in fact, the last 25 years). It is the biggest bump since 2010 but it's nowhere near 10% (it was 2.4%) nor was it even the biggest bump in the last 10 years (2008 - 3.5%, 2009 - 3.9%, 2010 - 3.4%).

It would have been enough for him to say that it was the biggest increase since 2010 instead of lying but that's not what he did.

So on both counts, Trump lied.

edit on 2018-12-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Another overblown, media-generated outrage about next to nothing. It's good to know that life is so good we get to read the reporting and the subsequent mob-posturing about something so inconsequential.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They like it. Please, sir, can I have some more?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What I found is that the raise was 2.1%
www.military.com...

Here is a chart that brakes down the pay raise for 2018.

partner-mco-archive.s3.amazonaws.com...

This is the chart for 2017.
militarybenefits.info...

This is 2016.
www.navycs.com...
edit on 27-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: projectvxn
When I got back from Afghanistan Obama gave me a 1% pay cut due to tax increases throughout 2014 and 2015. That was after a supposed pay raise that he extolled as help for the troops.

His taxes wiped all that out and bit a chunk out of my check.

This idea that we have continually seen pay raises is BS. Those raises are regularly wiped out by heavy taxation.

This would be the first pay raise that wasn't immediately taxed away.

What tax increase in 2014 and 2015 are you talking about? The only thing I can think of would be the individual mandate which wouldn't have applied to you?

Either way, even if there was a tax increase, as long as it wasn't specific to military folks, your statement doesn't really make a lot of sense. If my boss gives me a raise and taxes go up, I don't turn to my boss and say you didn't give me a raise because my taxes went up.

Trump said there had been no raises in the last 10 years. The fact is that there have been raises every year for the last 10 years (and in fact, the last 25 years). It is the biggest bump since 2010 but it's nowhere near 10% (it was 2.4%) nor was it even the biggest bump in the last 10 years (2008 - 3.5%, 2009 - 3.9%, 2010 - 3.4%).

It would have been enough for him to say that it was the biggest increase since 2010 instead of lying but the fact remains, he lied.

False. He did not say there "had been no raises in the last ten years". That's a lie right there.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A pay raise goes in the troops pocket not into hardware. The raise is for 2.6% for an E1 thats $40.00 a month or $10. a week.
for an E6 its about $65.00 a monthor $16.25 a week. Cant even take the family to Mickey D's for that much.

10 year E-6 is about 100 per month, still better than Obama's 30 bucks per month...lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The REEEEEE in this thread is amazing LMAO.

Trump has made all of you his little b####. You cant stop thinking about him LMAO.

REEEEEE REEEEEE REEEEEEE .

link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

False. He did not say there "had been no raises in the last ten years". That's a lie right there.

“Is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?” Trump said, asking for a show of hands. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

he didnt say that?

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

should we call it an alternative fact?

or, fake news?

lol

I don't know...how about nothing burger as we debate something stupid that comes out to about 20 seconds of a 25 minute speech.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
REEEEEE REEEEEEEE REEEEEEEE Kick em in the knee

REEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEE RAAASSSSSS Kick em in the other knee.

edit on 27-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

trump -

You know what? Nobody deserves it more. You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years -- more than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one. They had plenty of people that came up. They said, "You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Propagandalf

“Is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?” Trump said, asking for a show of hands. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

he didnt say that?

He clearly did not say "had been no raises in the last ten years". Why are you guys lying?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

the commander and chief lying to his troops regarding a pay raise is no big deal???

wow

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The law applied to everyone who made a wage and paid taxes. There were no exceptions for military. What I didnt have to worry about was any fines or penalties at the end of the year because I had tricare.

I don't dispute the rest of your post.

Donald Trumps bombasity is catching up to him.
edit on 27 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It would have been enough for him to say that it was the biggest increase since 2010 instead of lying but that's not what he did.

I think here lies the issue. When Trump is not 100% correct on something the left screams LIES! You do understand that a person can be incorrect and also not be lying, right? Trump was incorrect about the no pay raises, but basically correct about it has been a long time with this size of pay increase.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join