It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hit piece or Trump is lying about a pay raise for the military?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh well. Don't we all wish we didn't have to pay taxes.
My income would be bigger too.

Soldiers pay taxes.

I dont expect you to know that though.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: projectvxn

cool

so what about trump lying?

Way to completely miss what I just said.

A typical leftist would not call 1 or 2 percent a raise if it was what they got. It would be a COLA and they would go on to complain how long it's been since they had a 'real' raise.

This is just more nonsense from them. It's like white noise. You were perfectly clear with what you said and I would add that those 2 percent increases in no way could have matched inflation.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

and when it doesnt happen?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Just to be clear, the pay raise was a part of the 10% military spending increase, as was the other details he gets into, such as equipment, training, and so on. But given the context, it is quite clear he is talking about the budget. He called it a "pay raise". Get over it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Wasted text. But you're right.

These people are only interested in bashing.

Got some idiot in here asking me for personal information because he can't fathom a 1% pay raise being wiped out by taxes.
edit on 27 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and singing nanny nanny poo poo.
Ignore everything.
In two years after he is voted out he will be in jail, Either federal prison or NY state.
edit on 12272018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: knoxie

Just to be clear, the pay raise was a part of the 10% military spending increase, as was the other details he gets into, such as equipment, training, and so on. But given the context, it is quite clear he is talking about the budget. He called it a "pay raise". Get over it.

So he meant in 10 years the budget hasn't had an inceease... since Bush the military hasn't gotten a raise... or is the goal post being moved...

Even if he meant training and everything, it's still a massive lie

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have read through over half the thread, and I still don't know what's the truth.

First off, Is the military getting a 10% raise? I tried to look it up, and can't find anything but folks trashing Trump. If he told the troops they were getting 10% and that's not true, He's a dickhead and needs to be slapped hard right in the mouth. On the other hand, if the big tear fest has to do with what previous admins have done with regard to this topic, each of you who are complaining about this, well, you should get the slap.

Just to be clear here, IF Trump lied to the troops about their raise, he sucks and screwed up big time.

IF the Troops get a 10% raise, a whole lot of apologizing will need to take place.

That is the only truth that matters IMHO.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yes 2.6%

Troops will get a 2.6 percent pay raise in 2019 thanks to a measure passed by Congress and signed into law by President Donald Trump. See the upcoming 2.6 percent active duty pay raise for 20

www.military.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He may have wanted a big raise for them but he only signed a tiny one.

link   
Here's the riddle:

“We’re spread out all over the world,” the president added. “We’re in countries that most people have never even heard about. And, frankly, it’s ridiculous.”

Trump Makes Surprise Visit to American Troops in Iraq

But a 10% increase in official military budgets is a good thing? Funny story, it's like watching dada win again while the audience is confused.

Mr. Presents is on a roll, may the Doublespeak be with him! But you're sure it's the same visit?

link   
a reply to: network dude

or, you could just read the transcripts...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and singing nanny nanny poo poo.
Ignore everything.
In two years after he is voted out he will be in jail, Either federal prison or NY state.

Your lack of self awareness is impeccable.

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Actually is sounds quite accurate.

The increase in military spending is one of the largest in modern U.S. history, jumping by 9.3 percent from 2017 to 2019, according to Todd Harrison, director of defense budget analysis at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think tank.

Since the Reagan administration, the military has increased by comparable levels only a handful of times: jumping by 23 percent in 2003 the buildup to the Iraq War; and by about 8 percent for three straight years between 2006 and 2008, during the troop buildup, according to Harrison.

www.washingtonpost.com... _term=.ad7a2f760a42

link   
apparently they get a cost of living raise every year.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

so you don't know either. Thanks for all the help.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

A pay raise goes in the troops pocket not into hardware. The raise is for 2.6% for an E1 thats $40.00 a month or $10. a week.
for an E6 its about $65.00 a monthor $16.25 a week. Cant even take the family to Mickey D's for that much.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

here's a video for you. lol

LINK

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: knoxie

so you don't know either. Thanks for all the help.

"We just approved $700 billion for our military," Trump said. "So we’re going to be having the best equipment ever known.  And next year, $716 billion. So I wanted to let you know. And, by the way —

I know you don’t care about this — but that also includes raises for our military. First time in 10 years."

Lies

That’s flat wrong. In fact, the last time that service members didn’t receive an annual pay increase was in 1983.

link

direct link to DoD fiscal 19yr budget

We may need to redefine 10%

edit on 27-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This, can be easily fact checked. It is not a hit piece. That was a big "shovel of #"

The MAGA Klan, will never see it. Too much pride to swallow.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join