It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hit piece or Trump is lying about a pay raise for the military?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Total BS?

You have no clue what youre talking about.

Tell me what tax increases took place during those years that might have affected my paycheck? Lets see if youre paying attention.

You are making the claim...provide the proof..

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Shamrock6

And you can keep explaining all you want but you are still a liberal.

Obviously more liberal than you are, yes. There's really nothing to explain. You have no real argument to make, and since you're so intellectually weak that you can't even make up an argument, you have to try and put people into nice tidy little boxes that don't hurt your brain.

It's okay, buddy. I didn't really think you'd be any more capable of discussion and debate on this subject than you are on any other. Thanks for suiting up like you were gonna play, though. And yes, I know you'll repost your "lmao liberal" comment because you've convinced yourself that if you can get the last word in, even if it's completely irrelevant and inane, you somehow have won the discussion. And I know you need that, so you go right ahead.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TinySickTears

Trump lied.

Cool beans, now what? To what standard is he being held so we can put this into proper context?

more importunately, imo, he lied to our military men and women.

not sure it gets lower than that.. does he take them for fools?

So the context is the potus lying to the military then?

If I were to post facts of other presidents lying to the military, would you cry whataboutism?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The basic pay raises since 2007:
1 January 2007: 2.2%
In the last 12 years Obama gave the 3 largest raises. Except for the fact that no President gives or doesn't give these raises. it is an automatic calculation.

1 April 2007: 0.5%
1 January 2008: 3.5%
1 January 2009: 3.9%
1 January 2010: 3.4%
1 January 2011: 1.4%
1 January 2012: 1.6%
1 January 2013: 1.7%
1 January 2014: 1.0%
1 January 2015: 1.0%
1 January 2016: 1.3%
1 January 2017: 2.1%
1 January 2018: 2.4%

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The basic pay raises since 2007:
1 January 2007: 2.2%
In the last 12 years Obama gave the 3 largest raises. Except for the fact that no President gives or doesn't give these raises. it is an automatic calculation.

1 April 2007: 0.5%
1 January 2008: 3.5%
1 January 2009: 3.9%
1 January 2010: 3.4%
1 January 2011: 1.4%
1 January 2012: 1.6%
1 January 2013: 1.7%
1 January 2014: 1.0%
1 January 2015: 1.0%
1 January 2016: 1.3%
1 January 2017: 2.1%
1 January 2018: 2.4%

Obama is actually 10 -17, Bush's term set 09. One thing Trump was right about is military pay raises under Obama were dismal to say the least...6 YEARS IN THE 1% RANGE!...That should have been his message...

edit on 27-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Trump lied.

Cool beans, now what? To what standard is he being held so we can put this into proper context?

more importunately, imo, he lied to our military men and women.

not sure it gets lower than that.. does he take them for fools?

So the context is the potus lying to the military then?

If I were to post facts of other presidents lying to the military, would you cry whataboutism?

If Trump lied to the military service men and women he'd never get reelected.

Seems common sense he'd remember who his base is.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Xtrozero

thats awesome

but what did he say he got them?
what did he push for?
what did they actually get

kind of the point

but yeah.

lets join hands

Well I listened to the speech and he actually didn't say in his speech what he got them. The fact that he didn't say 2.6% then the handful of numbers he said were all lies I guess. He never said "you are getting 10%!!" he talked about a conversion and in that conversion he wanted 10% or more than 10%...Does that sound like "I got you 10%+" or "you are getting 10%+"

What if he said man I went to Congress and told them I wanted 50% for you all....is that now a lie if they do not get 50%, or is that what the President wanted for the troops.

I wanted to buy my kid a M3 but he got a something else, so the fact that I wanted to buy him one means I'm now lying if I do not get him one even though I never said "I bought you a M3"...lol

For me I don't care...Trump tells over the top stories in his showman fashion while truly trying to work his way through his campaign promises, I can basically label every politician as a liar only on they seem to never actually want to accomplish their promises...

The term Liar has just been turned into a stupid meme as your post shows, but when a President lies and it cost trillions, 1000 of lives etc that word is not uttered.

You didn't expect the op to do any real research, did you?

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Clinton, two terms.
Jr, two terms
Obama, two terms.

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

it's astounding really, he can't help himself.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a. they are getting 2.6 percent, not the ten that Trumps lied to them about.
b. they've gotten a pay raise every year for the past 10, even though trumps decided to lie to them about that also.

Why lie about pay raises to people who know damn well what they've gotten in the past and what they are getting now?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Let me translate.

He is talking about the 10% increase in military spending, which includes the pay raise. This is more likely than "he'z lying" because he goes into the record increase in military budget later in the same speech.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

ohhhhh is that what he's talking about.

can you explain this -

“They had plenty of people that came up. They said, ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said, ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Let me translate.

He is talking about the 10% increase in military spending, which includes the pay raise. This is more likely than "he'z lying" because he goes into the record increase in military budget later in the same speech.

Please don't confuse him.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

ego mixed with a whole lot of desperation. lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Let me translate.

Oh man... look some context. This will be ignored . They dont care. ORANGE MAN MEAN.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ohhhhh is that what he's talking about.

can you explain this -

“They had plenty of people that came up. They said, ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said, ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’

I already did. He's speaking about the 10% increase in military spending.

As Mattis explained regarding the passing of the budget act:

None of our work would be possible without the political courage of our Congress. Amid competing priorities, our House and Senate passed a bipartisan budget act to give our troops what they needed in that coming fiscal year of F.Y. '18.

For the first time in 10 years, our Congress passed on-time authorizations and the appropriate year fiscal year '19. Eighty-seven percent in House and Senate supported that authorization bill, named again for a Naval aviator John McCain, whose legacy endures.

So the American center held together on national security, and numerous members of our Congress took political risks voting for our record budget in an election year, from increasing active duty end strength by 15,000 troops to giving a 2.6 percent pay raise to our men and women in uniform, you in the Congress proved America's security is a bipartisan priority.

dod.defense.gov...
edit on 27-12-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

They really want to believe he just flat out lied to them on purpose.

Its such a pathetic joke. How may times do they have to be fooled by the same media?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

oh i forgot
he said this but really meant that

one of those kind of deals

weak sauce

lot of but obama going on too

knew that was coming

i thought i got that out of the way
edit on 27-12-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

They really want to believe he just flat out lied to them on purpose.

Its such a pathetic joke. How may times do they have to be fooled by the same media?

Trump isn't very eloquent, so I sort of understand. The problem is they would much rather assume the worst motives rather than ask for clarification. In that sense they are liars.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

oh i forgot
he said this but really meant that

one of those kind of deals

weak sauce

How would you know? You didn't even ask him to clarify? You've just assumed, or repeated what the media told you to, one or the other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join