It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hit piece or Trump is lying about a pay raise for the military?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
When I got back from Afghanistan Obama gave me a 1% pay cut due to tax increases throughout 2014 and 2015. That was after a supposed pay raise that he extolled as help for the troops.

His taxes wiped all that out and bit a chunk out of my check.

This idea that we have continually seen pay raises is BS. Those raises are regularly wiped out by heavy taxation.

This would be the first pay raise that wasn't immediately taxed away.

Total BS. service members do not make enough money to be in the higher brackets affected by Obama's tax increases. Lower incomes, like those in the military, received tax cuts from Obama. But maybe you are a general? or maybe they withheld less from your checks so you had to pay more at end of year.

link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: notsure1

can you explain how calling trump out on his lies is keeping the hate alive?

Don't interrupt his script. He might miss one of his talking points, and that could impact the monthly bonus.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And you can keep explaining all you want but you are still a liberal.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

can you explain how calling trump out on his lies is keeping the hate alive?

Don't interrupt his script. He might miss one of his talking points, and that could impact the monthly bonus.

LMAO. Liberal

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

“They had plenty of people that came up. They said, ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said, ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’ Because it’s been a long time. It’s been more than 10 years. It’s been more than 10 years. That’s a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations.”

the troops should hold him to it.

it is actually a 2.6% increase.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Total BS?

You have no clue what youre talking about.

Tell me what tax increases took place during those years that might have affected my paycheck? Lets see if youre paying attention.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

and, the lie that others didn't want to give them the raise... it was all him. LOLOLOL

teeny tiny man.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
His 10% pay raise is in the same lie category as Mexico will pay for it.

The claim the military hasn't had a pay raise in 10 years is just a bold-faced lie to the Kool-Aid drinkers.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Xtrozero

thats awesome

but what did he say he got them?
what did he push for?
what did they actually get

kind of the point

but yeah.

lets join hands

Well I listened to the speech and he actually didn't say in his speech what he got them. The fact that he didn't say 2.6% then the handful of numbers he said were all lies I guess. He never said "you are getting 10%!!" he talked about a conversion and in that conversion he wanted 10% or more than 10%...Does that sound like "I got you 10%+" or "you are getting 10%+"

What if he said man I went to Congress and told them I wanted 50% for you all....is that now a lie if they do not get 50%, or is that what the President wanted for the troops.

I wanted to buy my kid a M3 but he got a something else, so the fact that I wanted to buy him one means I'm now lying if I do not get him one even though I never said "I bought you a M3"...lol

For me I don't care...Trump tells over the top stories in his showman fashion while truly trying to work his way through his campaign promises, I can basically label every politician as a liar only on they seem to never actually want to accomplish their promises...

The term Liar has just been turned into a stupid meme as your post shows, but when a President lies and it cost trillions, 1000 of lives etc that word is not uttered.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

This post didnt make any sense.

Put down your political religions sacramental wine and start engaging like a sober adult please.

Between you, soundguy, and notsure1 y'all are turning what could be a decent discussion into a circus.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
military raises are increased annually by one half a percent more than private sector wage increases. If private sector goes up one percent, then military gets a raise of 1.5%. This is set in stone and Trump did nothing to effect wages one way or the other. It is all according to this formula.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

try to keep up sweetness.

“They had plenty of people that came up. They said, ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said, ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’

the actual raise is 2.6%.
edit on 27-12-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This story is a mixed bag filled with nuance that would escape most here.

yeah

crazy mixed bag full of tons of nuance..

# so complicated most here wouldnt even get it

things like

lying

the thread is so simple

hopefully now its at least obvious that his supporters are mostly not capable of giving him critique at all

its all gargle all the time
or youre a commie or something

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You gusys hate Trump so much you dont want the troops to get a raise and you want them staying at war to get killed in some shihole.

He brings the troops home and you cry LMAO he gives them a raise and its not enough .

But if it had been 10 % you would be screaming that it was to much.

LMFAO

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

yep.. he is.

unfortunately, he's also the commander and chief to all those troops he just lied to so easily.

you must be proud.

Far be it from me to interrupt the latest Leftist circle jerk, god knows you guys need to get off at all costs.
While Trump did exaggerate or lie about the amount of the raise, the rest of the story is true according to unbiased news sources.
My thinking is that he was trying for a morale booster but who knows?

Thousands of military personnel in the Dayton region are set to get their biggest pay raise in nearly a decade after president Donald Trump on Friday signed a $854-billion spending bill into law.

www.daytondailynews.com...

The $717 billion National Defense Authorization Act includes a 2.6 pay increase for military personnel, the largest raise in almost a decade.

taskandpurpose.com...

President Donald Trump signed the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act into law Monday, marking the first on-time passage of the annual bill in 22 years.

www.stripes.com...

And then we have this from the worst sh!tcan President we have ever had -

For the seventh year in a row, G.I. Joe and G.I. Jane won’t be getting much of a pay raise. President Obama on Wednesday said he will issue an executive order putting a 1.6 percent lid on payroll increases for service members, according to a report in Military Times.

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

Over Obama's objection, Congress agrees on a bigger military pay raise, more troops

www.militarytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

But according to some mentalists, a tax increase, which simply happens whenever, somehow by osmosis makes it so that the military doesn't get a yearly pay increase except for 1983 which was caused by a glitch....

So, I so facto, trump was telling the truth and "libtards" are lying;
No yearly raise and trump got them whopping 10% raise(with no proof)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Trump lied.

Cool beans, now what? To what standard is he being held so we can put this into proper context?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
You gusys hate Trump so much you dont want the troops to get a raise and you want them staying at war to get killed in some shihole.

He brings the troops home and you cry LMAO he gives them a raise and its not enough .

But if it had been 10 % you would be screaming that it was to much.

LMFAO

You're just making up 'alternative truths'....

The troops get raises, no one is against raises. No one is against bringing troops hope if it makes sense militaristic ally and logistically

What 10%? What 10 years havent the troops gotten raises... so since bush43 no raises.. and you'll take that to the grave as truth

2.6% vs the last biggest at 2.4%.. jesus tap dancing christ
edit on 27-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
military raises are increased annually by one half a percent more than private sector wage increases. If private sector goes up one percent, then military gets a raise of 1.5%. This is set in stone and Trump did nothing to effect wages one way or the other. It is all according to this formula.

Not always....

My highest pay raises were during Reagan and Bush years...Clinton and Obama years were not very good. 6 straight years under Obama was in the 1% area...

Looking at the numbers per 8 years..

Reagan 38.4%
Clinton 25.1%
Bush 37.8%
Obama 13.5%
edit on 27-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TinySickTears

Trump lied.

Cool beans, now what? To what standard is he being held so we can put this into proper context?

more importunately, imo, he lied to our military men and women.

not sure it gets lower than that.. does he take them for fools?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join