It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic drawing or coinsidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just responded to a thread in which i told someone that my nephew died in 1996 by drowning..and it reminded me of something.

Three days before the the drowning, i took out my painting kit and proceeded to paint a lake, a lake i had never been to. It was beautiful, serene, and i also drew flowers in a certain spot.

3 days later, my two sons and my nephews went fishing at this spot in Cape Cod. We would never see one again. My nephew, Jeff. They tried frantically to save him, pull him up, but he was wearing high boots...he died.
They found him at the bottom of the lake, the lake i had drawn. Not only was it the lake i had drawn, but the parents and friends wanted to go after the funeral to leave flowers...the flowers i drew 3 days before.!!!

Ever since then, i have been very afraid to draw anything. I'm always afraid that to draw something could have the same result.

Has this happened to any of you? What do you think happened?

[edit on 26-2-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wow that's freaky, I can't understand your hestitation about drawing again, but I think you really should try again. It certainly seem like forwarning in that instance though. Your drawings and paintings can tell you alot, when I paint, emotions, thoughts etc come thru in my work without me even putting them there. I encourage you to pick up that pencil again.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I only wish i knew a warning when i saw one. To draw something like that and NOT be able to see a warnng in it is propostrous i think.

What good is something like this if you dont get the message?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
well in order to first know it is connected, it had to happen, now you know, so now you can draw and see what happens next, try to make correlations,

what's the use of having a thought without further investigation, if you have something, might as well practice and try to control and perfect it to your satisfaction, if it is negative and you and tie the two in, you can just stop, but you'll never know till you do it.

also try keeping a journal as to what thoughts you get when you paint, or how you feel when you look at your finished work, you might surprise yourself.

[edit on 2-26-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If you have this gift, use it. Maybe something good will come from it. I'm really sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
channeled drawing is fun. though ive never done it without certain drugs. but its the only way i can draw. i feel a strong sensation in my right hand and just follow the flow and in the end i have a pretty good picture.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I didnt use drugs. I just had the urge to draw and did. I just didnt know the power of my drawings.

Come to think of it, it may have happened some other time too. My mothers business took her to Maumelle, Arkansas, and she bought a house. Before i ever saw the house i drew it. My psychic ability i think is only in drawings..By no means can i see the future-specially mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think you should explore the possibilities .....do more drawing and like Worldwatcher said, keep a journal. Maybe you will learn to recognize which drawings might contain a 'message'. Maybe there is a bit of a different 'feel' to working on those that are prophetic. ( I also draw, and often I feel a 'need' to do a certain subject...as if compelled by 'an unseen' influence)

I am sorry for your loss....I know you must feel a burden that you did not realize what the picture meant until later.....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's probably not funny but you should Draw a nuclear mushroom cloud in your least favorite spot in the world, sleep for three days and then wakeup to see if Drudgereport posted anything strange...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is actually something I have a bit of experience in. I call it automatic drawing... Sometimes when I feel an artistic blockage I go into a relaxed/meditative state and just almost close my eyes and just let a pencil move on the paper until I get a picture. That picture is usually indicative of something that I had on my mind. Kind of like "what do I need to know?" Then the thing I see on the paper usually is accurate.

I am very sorry though, for your loss, and that this was the only circumstance you experienced this "automatic" artistic flow through. I think of it a lot like dreams. Sometimes we have dreams fortelling us of things our brains aren't yet ready to consciously realize.

I believe there are many things that your SOUL knows, that the conscious mind cannot always handle or make sense of. Then when one goes into a state where images are allowed to openly flow from the depths of the mind into a form we can comprehend, it can be very enlightening, but sometimes it can be very difficult.

It reminds me of William Blake's tarot... (check out his poetry, tarot and art if you haven't already) I believe he named the 10 of wands(the traditional "wands" suit is the "poetry" suit in his deck) card, "poetry prophecy" meaning that prophecy and spiritual knowledge is a weighty burdon, but it is a natural human capability... you can see the blake tarot here

Anyway, I think you just connected with your intuitive side through art work. Much art that comes in the form of a vision or image is purely right brain activity, as is the intuition....

Just some thoughts, but you definitely should not let this experience deter you. Perhaps, just keep in mind that there are a lot of things we already know in our spirit, and sometimes it has a message for you...sometimes it just wants to be expressed through a picture.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have had an experience very similar. I photographed a lake years ago, and just a week ago, a friend who has shared many other paranormal stories with me, and I with her, emailed me a painting........
It is like she set up her easel in the exact spot I took the pic from, the perspective is identical. The only difference is the weather. She painted a clear sky, and it was misty in the photo. The colors are even the same, the angles of the background hillside, and the shoreline of the lake, the same.
It doesn't scare me though, I like it.

Oh yeah, I had to edit for two points, she lives over 3000 miles away, and we had already had a similar coincidence months earlier, when she posted a painting that matched another of my pics, with the one difference being hers had the moon in it.

[edit on 2/27/2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't be afraid to draw or paint. You're not causeing these things with
your talent. You're getting feelings of what is to come and
transferring those feelings as images to paper (or canvas, or whatever medium).
I have no idea why we get these warnings and can't do anything
about them.
Perhaps it is to prepare us in advance? Sometimes I wonder if maybe
we're not allowed to realize a warning because it's "fate" or "destiny" and we're not allowed to interfere. I really don't know.
I'm very sorry for your loss Dytempe. I hope you don't think your
painting caused it.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Perhaps it is to prepare us in advance? Sometimes I wonder if maybe
we're not allowed to realize a warning because it's "fate" or "destiny" and we're not allowed to interfere.

I am going to have to agree with this. If anything, such a prophetic experience would confirm that there are some things that are destined to happen, and theres no altering it.

I have read that when people die of accidents and sudden, unexpected causes, their souls usually alert them to this fate through dreams, that are buried deeply in the subconscious, as a means to prepare them. Kind of the exact opposite of a warning dream...

top topics

join