It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm the Slime. 1973. as true as it ever was

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
fantastic song

as true as it has ever been

I am gross and perverted
I'm obsessed 'n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little has changed
I'm the tool of the Government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think I'm delicious
With the stuff that I say
I'm the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozin' out From your TV set

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
fun fact

tina turner is on background vocals

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nice song about the EU.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I love that song. There has been numerous covers of it. It reminds me of the movie Network in some sense. Zappa was the last true American composer as far as I'm concerned. Apparently he has a vast library of unreleased compositions. What I would do to get my hands on that...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I love that song. There has been numerous covers of it. It reminds me of the movie Network in some sense. Zappa was the last true American composer as far as I'm concerned. Apparently he has a vast library of unreleased compositions. What I would do to get my hands on that...

yeah

wont imbed but here is a link to a small tour of his vault

www.youtube.com...

it was under his house on woodrow wilson in the canyon.
a couple years ago lady gaga bought it and i am not sure where the actual recordings lay at this moment.

there has been a lot of fighting with the zappa family trust.
gail(franks wife) died and the brothers and sisters have bee fighting over it.

it would make sense that dweezil has those recordings and control of it but i really have no idea

frank was obsessed with recording his shows and rehearsals.

there are thousands of hours of audio and video

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I love that you know what I'm talking about. As far as I'm concerned, those songs should never be released. That's musician to musician stuff though. Don't get me wrong; I'd love to hear them. But I've had an unfinished album leaked, and it really bothered me. I didn't end up finishing it because of it, though I've toyed with revisiting it. John Darnielle (the mountain goats) had a bunch of stuff that was unreleased leaked online, and even though I'm a huge fan, he asked politely that people not listen to it, as it was not intended to be released, and I respected that.

It reminds me of all the unreleased Nirvana stuff. People all just want their slice of the pie. It's kind of shameful, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I love that you know what I'm talking about. As far as I'm concerned, those songs should never be released. That's musician to musician stuff though. Don't get me wrong; I'd love to hear them. But I've had an unfinished album leaked, and it really bothered me. I didn't end up finishing it because of it, though I've toyed with revisiting it. John Darnielle (the mountain goats) had a bunch of stuff that was unreleased leaked online, and even though I'm a huge fan, he asked politely that people not listen to it, as it was not intended to be released, and I respected that.

It reminds me of all the unreleased Nirvana stuff. People all just want their slice of the pie. It's kind of shameful, in my opinion.

it is hard for me to agree because i am like a super freak fan of franks. probably not healthy.

i want to hear the music but i take his # pretty serious and i want to hear it as he intended and of course that is just not possible.
he has had a lot of posthumous releases and theyre great but i always wondered about the mix and other little things.

frank was real big on his work being small parts of one large whole. conceptual continuity.
it is impossible for anyone else but frank to put it together has intended.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ah yes, good ole Frank, gone but not forgotten.

I have the soul sisters singing the chorus in my brain, "I am the slime from the video, oozing along on the living room floor". Truly a treasured ear worm to found in my mind along with Gay Bob the robotic sex toy saying "You're plooking to hard on me!"

Many images too, like the unforgettable piss jug in Joe's garage or the imagined look of the Central Scrutinizer watching and making his comments or the Dental Floss Tycoon riding his pony and collecting floss in the Montana countryside.

Thank you Frank for the fond memories.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

nice man
you really listened.

ever listen to lets make the water turn black?

reference to pissing in the back.
talks about this dude that used to pick his nose and smear it on the window.
hahahahahahahahahaah

fun fact

there is a line in the song that goes

"and i still remember mama with her apron and her pad, feeding all the boys at ed's cafe"

meaning mom was a waitress

the station/studio i dont remember tried to edit that line out cause they were convinced it was talking about a sanitary napkin

hahahahahah

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's why it shouldn't be released! Like I said, as a musician who has had music released before it was finished, it just tarnished the whole project. I have to respect that.

They say every painting goes through an ugly phase, in which the painter may be discouraged from continuing. Would anyone want a bunch of people viewing their work and judging it during that phase?

Believe me, I crave more Zappa. But if it's not finished, it's not really Zappa.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

yeah im with you man

if you crave more frank there is a lot of live stuff out there

with frank the live stuff is best.

here are a few high quality live shows

live at the ritz from 81

www.youtube.com...

manchester 1979

www.youtube.com...