It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money anticipates our actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Money watches us, feeds us, keeps the lights on and a roof over our head. Money does measure us.

Money does try to anticipate us, Keeps the pork rolling and gigawatts flowing for society. The recent push to shine the the light on the medical community is the only real way to pull it in line. Open up the books and there is no where to hide. A more fair balance is the norm in the face of truth.

This is only one of many aspects of money, it is capitalism at work. Those that do good service survive, those that do crap move on to other pastures. The effort to maintain productivity is shifting. Asians working a dollar a day ain't going to last. They will not be able to compete with the robot, unless they build their own. In the mean time it has provided a lot of these communities with organization and structure, the shoes are better than they use to be. The infrastructure around the making of shoes is also getting better. It does give a kinda soft spot for Nike until they spend $100 Million on some advertising campaign.

Money is watching all of us. It has 2000 years that I know of, maybe 4-6K when starting to dig. It is a part that has made the world we have, like it or loath it. We do need to respect it when trying to measure our contribution with society. Money does want to make us better and achieve more. But some do exploit it to keep us in chains and deprived. I have no easy answers, but our money is our community, and like our neighbors, friends and work associates, it does watch us.

Heads up people.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

so we need money?

no #

thanks for the tip

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not sure this is breaking..

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you about "shoes", OK, to be fair I'm talking about 40 US dollar shoes made in China. Tennis shoes I guess we still call them. They only last me no longer then 90 days. They are made with rubber outside soles that are only to last a very short time even in the winter months.

Money, well, yes, the world actually runs off money. To bad we can't go back to the days of bartering for goods and services without being taxed on them.
edit on 1200000015172018-12-27T08:17:15-06:00171512am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

you mean currency.
"A current, in a river or stream, is the flow of water influenced by gravity as the water moves downhill to reduce its potential energy. The current varies spatially as well as temporally within the stream, dependent upon the flow volume of water, stream gradient, and channel geometry. In tidal zones, the current in rivers and streams may reverse on the flood tide before resuming on the ebb tide."
as you describe this is how it got its name in the 17th century
"A currency (from Middle English: curraunt, "in circulation", "

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Money is just a tool of trade and nothing more, yet many worship it like it is a god.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Look at wall street these days, omg the sky is falling,no it ain't. For us plebs, yeah we are all under the thumb. for these billionaires, they do have some options for where this would goes. It might be breaking that it ain't all about them. If they can listen to the environment more than their their inner voice for more.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Here in Australia, $100 for your basic model, $200-$300 is common. Sure there are retailer costs to include.

Can we really go back to bartering in a city of a million+? I wont put any money on it.
edit on 27-12-2018 by kwakakev because: last sentence

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The trends of financial currency is not too separate of electrical current, it is a flow, a stream of energy. I think it was Frank Lowe, some relation to our current head of financial reserve Philip Lowe that has some ra ra crap. We cannot change the past, helps to think about the future, being aware of the moment is one thing we have.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Our actions also anticipate money. We are all fortune tellers as well, otherwise we would not anticipate or prepare for anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Money did not make you, your parents did. It may of helped your ancestors get to the point of conception. Hard to visualize a world with it being so entrenched. I hate money went i don't have any, it sucks bad. Different story when the options are their.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I have tried a few projects over the years, not much happens when you are broke. I don't know what else to say.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Very much. It's why capitalism took hold.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You ain't going to fix an engine without the right tool. Yea money is a tool in many regards.. It can give you the leverage to crack that nut. Be that your next meal or the next latest and greatest.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Money we work for. To pay for existence. Do you know another way to call it to keep a society in motion?

top topics

join