It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LifeForce on netflix movies from 1985

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
How come I'd never heard of this film? Very good film which I came across on netflix! Sci-fi wih some good effects and worth the time to watch.

Will appeal to fans of Vampire movies aswell as sci-fi, may even appeal to fans of zombies!

Aliens out in space are taking life from humans and immitating them by sucking the life from them and turning the human into one of them but only after a couple of hours of being dead.

I'll give it 8/10.

The nude actress Mathilda May gets 11/10.

www.imdb.com...

edit on CSTThu, 27 Dec 2018 07:17:57 -06000000003107x057x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on CSTThu, 27 Dec 2018 07:18:54 -06000000003107x054x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Really cool movie.
I remember watching it as a kid.
Watched it again a few years ago, still really cool.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Really cool movie.
I remember watching it as a kid.
Watched it again a few years ago, still really cool.

I'd never heard of it till yesterday. One i missed in the 80's

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Watching all those awesome 80s movies in HD now is great after growing up watching them on VHS.

The Golden child
Big trouble in little China
The Thing
Aliens
Terminator
Space hunter : adventures in the forbidden zone

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I remember, my sister recorded movies for me, she had HBO, we lived in the sticks, and could not get it. Anyway she must have taped 100 movies for me. This being one of them. I watched it, probably 5 times, back then. I may revisit the movie, now that you have mentioned it.

One of my favorite 80s horror movies was Phantasim(it came out in 1979 . It is rather cheesy now, but still worth a watch. I was going to post a youtube trailer, but it was giving me problems. I think I did it wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I thought I'd seen every sci-fi movie from the 80's but i was wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The golden child? Eddie Murphy? I did see it but don't remember it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Oh, I remember that one. Love the freaky spaceship design!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: watchitburn

The golden child? Eddie Murphy? I did see it but don't remember it.

dude golden child is awesome

the last dragon is on netflix too.

dont sleep on that

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Saw it on video in the 80s , wasn't great but the boobies made up for the shortfall.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It remains' a classic science fiction movie and a really enjoyable one, got to admit as a teenager I thought that actress was very hot as well.

You may want to compare it to the Tommyknockers by Steven King written in 1987, you can't help but wonder if he took inspiration from this earlier writer as his alien's though not in the tail of a comet also fed on the life force of human's to reanimate themselves and also to power there ship.

Actually while still a brilliant movie even with it's dated special effect's an up to date remake of Life Force would be very welcome but would they do it as good or would we get something worse than the original as in the case of the new series of Battlestar Galactic vs the Old Series, the new series had the special effects but just missed out so much of the atmosphere and mystery and discovery of the old series that led us as kid's to wait all week for the next episode.

Just found the whole movie of the Tommyknockers on youtube, there was also a series based on it as well.

edit on 27-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

cheers, i might watch tha one tomorrow, don't think i've seen it

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Life force is a classic.

Gratuitousness nudity.

top topics

join