It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Accidentally Exposes the Location, Identities of U.S. Navy Seal Team Five on Twitter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

keep deflecting that #

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
what's more horrifying to me is lying to the troops about their pay raise!

who does that?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don't really see this as some huge deal, but....

Or maybe he just doesn't care about nonsense 'protocol'.

Is an idiotic thing to say. Yes, protecting the identities of special operations troops and maintaining operational security of which special operations units are where is totally "nonsense protocol."

Maybe so, but I took the comment from my BiL who was in the SAS (which is like the Seals only better and tougher
). He thinks that this is the most over-exaggerated story...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That’s all very nice and all but it’s not really got anything to do with the Op.

That shouldn’t have ended up on his Twitter feed. Now granted trump didn’t take the pics or make the video but he posted it.

If the title of this thread was about the New York Times exposing the faces and location of team 5 most folk would be rightly “outraged” about it. I don’t get why Trump supporters seem willing to give him and his team a pass for doing the same thing that’s all.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
what's more horrifying to me is lying to the troops about their pay raise!

who does that?

Too be fair I do think that’s worse.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

he takes them for fools, i guess, he thinks they won't notice their raise was much less..

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

youre more than happy to have some asshole at the head of the table that feels the same way you do and its a bonus that it bothers people you dont like anyway.

I genuinely don't care because, quite literally, he's 'not my president'. As with many others I get to watch the ridiculous hysterics over literal nothings from afar.

Look, maybe this is the problem - maybe if during the past two years I hadn't read so much hysteria about garbage, like how many scoops of ice cream he had, or what he said to a child about Santa, or how he disgraced all of Japan by tipping his whole bowl of fish food to the koi (while clearly following Abe's lead), then maybe I would care about things like this?

For me, the hysterical lefty media has cried wolf once too often. Hopefully we can agree on that?
edit on 27-12-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

In addition, Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

the right lost their minds when Hillary coughed wrong, Obama wore a tan suit, and michele showed her arms.

do you really think showing the location of a seal team in a #ing selfie is cool? really? you all would have lost your minds if this had been Obama.. jesus.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

the right lost their minds when Hillary coughed wrong, Obama wore a tan suit, and michele showed her arms.

do you really think showing the location of a seal team in a #ing selfie is cool? really? you all would have lost your minds if this had been Obama.. jesus.

I never heard about the tan suit thing, but that actually sounds kind of justified...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bro, the faces of special operators have been all over Twitter for years from various flash points. If it were a real national security threat, the NSA would be ordered to easily scrub them out.
I mean, even I have posted images from Syria and Iraq here on ats of special operators and troops in places not realized we're operating. I had the first video (scrubbed last year when they killed my first account on YouTube of our guys inside Syria right before they setup their base in al-tanf right here on ats at the end of 2017.

In all that time, not one individual, certainly nobody foreign or domestic, pointed out how audacious that was. I guess it was because, nobody on TV ordered you to be outraged at me??

There are hundreds if not thousands of the images on Twitter already of some of those people without digital alterations. They don't count. Only actions by the POTUS merit feigned outrage.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

By the way, are you guys any closer on finding out what this 'protocol' is that Trump has so egregiously broken? Some of us are still waiting...?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey, those soldiers were smiling. Maybe if just Melania was there they would be smiling even more. Twitter bashed her for her boots from what I read. They looked like regular work boots, I do not know why weird Twitter people would even care.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Unsurprisingly most Trump supporters on ATS support their guy when he endangers the lives of special forces, and lies to the military about a fictional pay rise.

Because libruhls are crying, right.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
@dogaldtrump sez:

Just returned from lying to our troops in Iraq and Germany. One thing for certain, I am a hero for visiting a war zone, especially with my bone spur condition.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

copy and pasted about how social media messes with your perceptions.
look in your own mirror.
the poster said daft stuff and got panned.
another fool joined in.
then compounded it by saying more daft stuff.
and here you are standing up for the underdog.
like a daftie

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Unsurprisingly most Trump supporters on ATS support their guy when he endangers the lives of special forces, and lies to the military about a fictional pay rise.

Because libruhls are crying, right.

Your fauxtrage over Trump not visiting troops on Christmas was dashed so you're latching onto the next best thing. We understand.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

If you watch ATS close enough the juicy stuff does not last long. They do have Langley to answer too. Yeah is sucks being in the middle of a war zone. Having your own web server is a part of the information war going on. Secure it enough and you might get some kudos. Thousands died in New York, but trying to get just why out ain't east. At least on this site we can talk about some of it, better than most.

Muller was in charge of the FBI at that time... yeah, whatever.
edit on 27-12-2018 by kwakakev because: last sentence

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don't really see this as some huge deal, but....

Or maybe he just doesn't care about nonsense 'protocol'.

Is an idiotic thing to say. Yes, protecting the identities of special operations troops and maintaining operational security of which special operations units are where is totally "nonsense protocol."

Maybe so, but I took the comment from my BiL who was in the SAS (which is like the Seals only better and tougher
). He thinks that this is the most over-exaggerated story...

I mean....that's kind of a completely irrelevant response, since my comment to you literally says I don't see this as a big deal.

But if you don't want to address the notion that your claim that operational security is a "nonsense protocol" that's fine.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Arnie123

So you're here as a pundit and don't intend on adding any information to debates, or even debate for that matter.... Just here for the lulz and to internet duke out some lefties?

Because that's what I got from your back and forth.

At least TST is asking for thoughts on this OP.
Whiteknighting for leftist who cares not for the info or our POTUS??

Interesting turn of events, you have enough cred to maintain a nuetral stance, but this? You're slacking.

No one has info right?

Well, how 'bout looking at the original article by Newsweek?

But more so beyond that, the UK article is riddle with red flags, such as "May" "Current and Former officials". Even the source article makes no mention.

This is a liberal hit piece and it MEANS NOTHING other than you also busting out an emotional knee jerk response because you wanted to whiteknight something that shouldn't.

Mind your role, stay your lane and work that nuetral position you've built yourself up.

To end this, lets post the relevant info on the topic at hand?

First, the POTUS can declassify anything, at anytime.

Secondly, regardless of ONE, the WH communications team follows up and if its passed, than guess what? No issue 😲

Lastly, from the source,

"Contacted by Newsweek, the Pentagon referred questions to the White House communications team.

Naval Special Warfare Command and the White House did not return a request for comment from Newsweek as of publication."

Obviously, if OPSEC was violated, steps would be taken immediately to fix it. None is taken as no OPSEC is violated. This goes hand in hand with how the WH handles fake news, let them brew and simmer with TDS on the interwebs, like here LMFAO.

Even the newsweek article can't link or cite what the "Officials" say, lol. More so, any "Official" would immediately cite "what" and not their personal opinions on the subject, no diff than an NCO asking lower enlisted what does AR 670-1 say about cuffs on your wrist?

What TST is doing is being willfully ignorant and in response, I don't want to educate it.

All in all, as said before, NOTHINGBURGER. If the Pentagon had an issue, corrections would be set. Nothing hasn't happened and just because a liberal article says so, doesn't mean IT'S REALLY HAPPENING as it says.

Dismissed.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2018 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join