It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Accidentally Exposes the Location, Identities of U.S. Navy Seal Team Five on Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If that's true it sounds like somebody might have failed to do their job.
I cant believe that everyone involved is expected to know every detail about protocols in every situation.
Someone has to be in charge of security.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's just like when soldiers accidently revealed secret base locations using fitbit like fitness trackers.

While these things happen, what I don't get is how the media will go one step further revealing more sensitive information, in this story's instance the identity, rank, and where this soldier is based.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If that's true it sounds like somebody might have failed to do their job.
I cant believe that everyone involved is expected to know every detail about protocols in every situation.
Someone has to be in charge of security.

well it might seem unrealistic but they should know all protocols for every situation.

thats kind of the point.
maybe if he actually had the best people they would know?
possible?

the they dont know the protocol is on par with 'i didnt know it was against the law' type #

it dont fly

being ignorant to the law or in this case protocols is not and should not be a valid reason for dropping the ball.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: theatreboy

but with the election of Dems that are taking over the house...all the economic advances we have made over the last 2 years are now in jeopardy of being rolled back and it is scaring investors.

This is total b.s. That is not why the market crashed over a month and a half later.
The market is unsure but its not the dems coming in that is irritating it. Its the uncertainty of trumps actions.
Like pulling troops out of Syria and shutting down the government on a whim.

Well actually it's true. Just had breakfast with my investment guru and he said the President is actually helping in the long run as you can tell over the last 26 months. The [SNIP] taking over is the real problem, so people are cashing out and taking their gains then reinvesting in safe places to shield their $$$$$

edit on 27-12-2018 by mikell because: Pretty it up

edit on 27/12/18 by argentus because: removed political trolling term

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's just like when soldiers accidently revealed secret base locations using fitbit like fitness trackers.

While these things happen, what I don't get is how the media will go one step further revealing more sensitive information, in this story's instance the identity, rank, and where this soldier is based.

cause it is what the media does. its gross but that has nothing to do with trump and/or his best people #ing up yet again.

like when the news shows some horrible image over and over again or someone says a thing that is so terrible they must apologize for saying it while all the news outlets run it on loop.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I'm not absolving Trump of everything, and in my first post I noted that if this did break protocol, than he messed up, and so did those around him to allow this.

That said, we still don't know everything surrounding this story, something seems weird about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

That said, we still don't know everything surrounding this story, something seems weird about it.

what we do know is he tweeted the picture

that happened

what else is to know?
all the supporters coming in deflecting. but the news showed it too!!!
but
but
but protocol. they cant know all the protocols

he #ed up

again

bottom line

you know it is ok to say he #ed up. people # up.
it would be nice if the supporters dont rush to defend and deflect everything

they do kind of treat him as infallable

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

President Donald Trump and his aides may have accidentally revealed classified information on social media by showing the faces of an elite team of Navy SEALs that has been deployed to Iraq.

Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, and other senior White House aides made a surprise visit to soldiers at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq on Wednesday.

Link

Someone get him off Twitter. Fist he causes the stock market to fall now this!

Anyone else and his supporters would be demanding having their security clearance reviewed by now

Curious, did he also cause the stock market to rise over a thousand points yesterday as well?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You are a base supporter, you will say anything he does is okay. Even Fox news was bashing him, the past few days. Trump and his base, will ALWAYS blame Democrats, Obama and Hillary. Guess what, that doesn't mean your right!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

what else is to know? all the supporters coming in deflecting. but the news showed it too!!!

That's not deflecting when it's accompanied with "if true, Trump and those around him messed up".

The media didn't just show him, they doxxed him.

But the fact remains, their deployments are secret.

Are they due to come back in a week? Is that his last tour?

We don't know.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know what side of the coin I favor but I have a question.
Why would these guys allow themselves to be photographed?

Because now the 11 books being written within Team 5 can all include a chapter about how they met the President.

The better question is who thought it would be a good idea to wear their NODs.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

lol
thanks cousin
it hadnt escaped our attention.
i reckon just over half of us still retain some kind of critical faculty.
but, maybe thats a little optimistic

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

what else is to know? all the supporters coming in deflecting. but the news showed it too!!!

That's not deflecting when it's accompanied with "if true, Trump and those around him messed up".

The media didn't just show him, they doxxed him.

But the fact remains, their deployments are secret.

Are they due to come back in a week? Is that his last tour?

We don't know.

this is the first reply in the thread

First off, The Stock Market crashed, not because of Trump, but with the election of Dems that are taking over the house...all the economic advances we have made over the last 2 years are now in jeopardy of being rolled back and it is scaring investors. Secondly, no...just no. let us remember she who shall not be named never lost her's after the whole classified emails on a home server, so him tweeting this pic to show troops means nothing. As a matter of fact, as commander in chief he can declassify anything he wants.

thats a deflection my friend

more deflections after that

did he or did he not tweet the pic?

twitter.com...

yup
he did

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Biggest load of garbage i have ever read. Its perfectly fine to take pictures of Navy seals. In fact do a google search they show them in training and even deployment in Afghanistan.The only time its ever an issue is if they were somewhere they were bot supposed to be. Like if they had crossed into China that operation would ban photography.

Its all ready a known fact they were there and the meeting was set up by the Pentagon. You don't think the president just hops in airforce one and visits troops.

So the pentagon brass planned a meet and greet and knew photographers would be there.

m.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

what if thats actually seal team 3 and its a ruse...lol
how does your infantile argument cope with that?
do you think their jobs can become even more hazardous?
they live on a military base, they are safe at night.
if you see their faces when they are working its probably the last thing you will see anyway.

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

what if thats actually seal team 3 and its a ruse...lol
how does your infantile argument cope with that?
do you think their jobs can become even more hazardous?
they live on a military base, they are safe at night.
if you see their faces when they are working its probably the last thing you will see anyway.

i really dont think it is a big deal
i wouldnt have known he #ed up had i not read about it

point is he did.
thats all

he #ed up and his people are defending and deflecting

it would be nice to see them admit it every now and again is all

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I recommend worrying more about the sh*t show of your UK Govt before inventing things to be outraged about concerning the US President.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

so he didnt tweet it then?
there is no protocol against it and the dude quoted was just lying?

oh ok. i got it

arnie swooping in with that little D energy to save the day
hahahahahahaha
edit on 27-12-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Arnie123

so he didnt tweet it then?
there is no protocol against it and the dude quoted was just lying?

oh ok. i got it
Yup.

Glad you got it, thought it would tough and difficult for you, it may still be, but meh, your issues not mine 😇

Especially when media expands on it.

Lol, like Trump cares or knows, Security knows their # yo.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Arnie123 because: Truth

*Arnie, capitalize my name, recognize.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Arnie123 because: More truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join