It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis anybody?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I get SP regularly and actually enjoy it. I dont hear a buzzing sound but i do find the whole thing very relaxing, no feelings just my mind, i find such Clarity in these moments that i welcome them coming. I have tried to do the OOBE thing but have never succeeded

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i get it sometimes, its not too scary, i can't move but i don't sense anyone with me or hear loud ringing, i do get the waking up twice thing.

One time i woke up got out of bed opened the curtains, sunny day, then did it again, sunny day, did it again sunny. Then when i really woke up, cloudy day! hahaha!

the worst was after a night of taking pills, woke up being choked, i had been dreaming about reading a book/manual about fear and love, emotions and so on. Then i woke up choking and heard in my head, "What if there was no man to fear?" Pretty fukn scary eh? needless to say it was rather difficult getting back to sleep. Most nights i see dark beings, i'm sure that in their reality they feel that they are doing the right thing. There is a brilliant quote in a book called, anarchy, state, utopia, about how if one thinks one to be superior than another being then it is ok to harm them, like the way we torture and eat animals or kill our own kind. Were probably a rubbish species to these aliens so they don't like us.

However i think there are other aliens who are helping us, who do like us, maybe more enlightened aliens than the ones that don't like us.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The symptoms you describe happen to me quite frequently. Maybe once every couple of weeks i will awaken and cannot move and there is a very loud buzzing in my head.
It usually takes about 20 to 30 seconds for these symptoms to pass but I have never experienced the feeling of someone else in the room.
I know of at least another two people who have experienced SP but have never really discussed it in detail with them.
What i have read tells me it is quite common but for me it is always very frightning even more so now after reading this post with all this talk of "shadow people" and other types of beings.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by CINTELA]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have talked to two people who have experianced sleep paralysis. Both thought it was spiritual. My two cents is that sleep paralysis is really real. I don't know anything else about it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadKarmah
Sleep paralysis is a normal occurance for me, it happens quite frequently more than I would like to tell you the truth. And yes, there is always that high pitched ringing frequency that doesn't help any to the situation. I also always feel a strong overwhelming presence & energy in the room as I can also see within my peripheral vision a dark being..Dark because the lights are off of course and because it's within my peripheral line of sight I can never quite can focus on it. But wyred one is correct, it does usually pertain to the aliens & whatever their intent is on what they are conducting. Back then these beings were known as Succubus for males & Incubus for females, I believe. But of course that was a bunch of ghostly mythology. Perhaps I'm incorrect, so excuse me if I am.

I too, as I stated in another forum, have these experiences. Its funny how much the fear of the dark figure relates to the fear you get in a dream when you know your subconscious mind is beginning to take control. But perhaps this being isnt within one's own mind. especially when hundreds have witnessed it. I am curious as to whether anyone else can recall that strange feeling in the back of thier neck. kinda like a tingling that would slowly gain strength until it felt like an energy exploding inside your mind. ring a bell? generally after this happens for me, I know they are coming. Not it, "they". multiple entities, not just one. whenever that happens to me, i know that they will be coming, and I get that strange sort of unease when they are there.

heres the strange bit: if anyone of you can recall that feeling then you'll think really understand why this is wierd. When I am fully awake, in the middle of the day, I have figured out a way to actually voluntarily generate that "sensation". whenever I do though, I sometimes end up in someone elses dreams that night, literally! they'll come to me the next morning and say "hey, I had a dream about you!". kinda like a semi-subconscious astral projection...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
...im laying on my side smoking a joint and i doze off.

Seriously, what am i supposed to think when i see this in a post? I have been known to do that back in the day, so i'm not giving you crap, but...the first thing i thought when I read your second post: Was it laced?

Have you had these experiences while not under the influence of any drugs? Do you notice substances have any effect on the dreams, such as how powerful they are or how long they last? Is it more like an altered state? or like you are fully concouss and aware the whole time while still unable to move? Do you have a tendancy to sleep with your eyes open?

I have known people that have experienced similar if not the same phenonmena. My friend went to sleep labs, psychologists and psychaitrists. The best thing they could tell him, i learned in a high school psychology class. There are 4 stages of sleep before REM sleep

- the aplha stage (stage one), which can be duplicated while sitting in your recliner watching TV.

-"Stage 2 is a period of light sleep during which polysomnographic readings show intermittent peaks and valleys, or positive and negative waves. These waves indicate spontaneous periods of muscle tone mixed with periods of muscle relaxation. Muscle tone of this kind can be seen in other stages of sleep as a reaction to auditory stimuli. The heart rate slows, and body temperature decreases. At this point, the body prepares to enter deep sleep."

-"Three and four- These are deep sleep stages, with Stage 4 being more intense than Stage 3. These stages are known as slow-wave, or delta, sleep. During slow-wave sleep, especially during Stage 4, the electromyogram records slow waves of high amplitude, indicating a pattern of deep sleep and rhythmic continuity"
(This is the important part-during this stage of sleep sleep it is hard if not almost impossible to wake someone up. This phase lasts only about fifteen minutes at the maximum. If you were to wake up during this phase of sleep your muscles would be so relaxed that you couldn't move, like taking a bunch of flexerall. This phenomena is very pronounced in some, not so much in others. Please note that drugs do interfere with the stages of sleep, causing some peole to skip or to not go through some stages of sleep)

-Non-REM Sleep
"The period of non-REM sleep (NREM)is comprised of Stages 1-4 and lasts from 90 to 120 minutes, each stage lasting anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. Surprisingly, however, Stages 2 and 3 repeat backwards before REM sleep is attained. So, a normal sleep cycle has this pattern: waking, stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, REM. Usually, REM sleep occurs 90 minutes after sleep onset."

quotes taken from www.sleepdisorderchannel.net...

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join