It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book search "'Transmission de l'énergie électrique sans fil' < 1899

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I was reading some correspondence of Nikola Tesla and in one of his letters he ordered a book written in the French language called:

'Transmission de l'énergie électrique sans fil'

It sparked my curiosity, as I was not aware that a book about wireless electricity was already available before 1899.

I tried various searches, but was not able to get anymore information about the book.

Anyone suggestions ?

Below the actual correspondence where the book is mentioned.

New York, Oct. 16th, 1899 46 & 48 E. Houston Street.
Nikola Tesla, Esq., Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr Tesla: Your note of Oct. 13Th, together with two checks for Mr. Unger, and also the checks for The Lambs and for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, has been received this morning.

The book “Transmission de l’énergie électrique sans fil” has been ordered through the D. Van Nostrand Company; they did not have it in stock.

Mr. Loewenstein sailed for Europe the day following the receipt of your letter regarding him. He said that, after his health had improved, he would be married and would probably return to this country next spring, and he intimated that very likely some dispatches which has passed between him and his fiancée, who was about to come over here, had given rise to a misunderstanding. He told me he would write himself and explain the whole matter to you as soon as he was able.

The second clockwork is expected to be ready for shipment Wednesday morning and in the absence of other orders, the work on the fourth independent break will the be taken up and completed as rapidly as possible.

edit on 27-12-2018 by EartOccupant because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

edit on 27-12-2018 by EartOccupant because: Wrong transelation

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Can't find it but it is mentioned here:

Full text of "Bulletin de la Classe des sciences"

ACADÉMIE ROYALE DES SCIENCES, DBS LETTRES ET DES BEAtIX-AHTS DE BELGIQUE BULLETIN DE LA CLASSE DES SCIENCES 3' série, tome XXXVII, V' partie BRUXELLES HAYEZ, IMPRIMEUR DE L*ACADÉMIE ROYALE DES SCIENCES DES LETTRES ET DES BEAUX-ARTS DE BELGIQUE 1899 ACADÉMIE ROYALE DKS SCSNCBS, DBS LETTRES ET DES BEAUX-ARTS DE BELGIQUE BULLETIN DE LA CLASSE DES SCIENCES 1899. — N« 1.

Way, way, way down mentioned under "ouvrages présentés":

Gnarini'Forescio (Emile). Télégraphie électrique sans fil. Liège, 1899; in-S^ (16 p.). —
Transmission de Ténergie électrique par un fil et sans fil (par réther). Liège, 1899; in-S» (50 p.). —
Transmission de l'énergie électrique sans fil. Liège, 1899 ; in.8'^ (3 p.).

Looks like it may have been a short paper (3 pages?), presented or published in Liège, Belgium in 1899.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Tnx! That is a start, it is more as i could find!

3 Pages ... well i guess there was not much to tell about the subject at that time : )

I do hope however we can retrieve the book or those three pages !

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Your lead has brought me a little further.

I did find these two, it could be the writer, although the date and title are one year of:

Guarini-Foresio Em., Transmission de l’énergie électrique par un fil et sans fil(par l’éther), 1899
Guarini-Foresio Emile, Transmission de l’électricité sans fil, 1900

Edit: It sure looks like it could be this one:

Guarini Foresio Emilio. Transmission de l'électricité sans fil. - Liege: impr. de H.Poncelet. 1900. 69 p. ,

I know Tesla was ahead of his time... But ordering a book that was not published yet ... ; )
edit on 27-12-2018 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Ah, so all three papers I quoted above were actually authored by the same guy? That would make sense I guess.

Gnarini'Forescio (Emile). Télégraphie électrique sans fil. Liège, 1899; in-S^ (16 p.). —
Transmission de Ténergie électrique par un fil et sans fil (par réther). Liège, 1899; in-S» (50 p.). —
Transmission de l'énergie électrique sans fil. Liège, 1899 ; in.8'^ (3 p.).

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Yup. You put me on the right track. Thanks for that.

Althoug the actual title and date do'nt match, so it is not 100% sure yet.

I tried finding the book online, but i do not have acces it seems to a free digital copy.

book link 1

Book link 2
edit on 27-12-2018 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This may have to do with radio waves. Tesla would have been interested in reading about the basis for energy transfer and tuned circuits for his inventions although it took him until 1919 to accept that radio waves existed.
earlyradiohistory.us...

The University of Bologna was experimenting with transmission of radio waves and would send pulses down a hallway. Marconi visited, saw what they were doing, and appropriated their ideas. When I last visited the Physics Department at Bologna, they had a nice display set up where the experiments were done.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I think you are right.

It seems to be the research done at the time at telegraph systems going from wired to wireless , witch in a way is wireless energy transfer.

top topics

join