It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Steal From Rural Stores: 6 Customers Draw On Tool Thieves, Shots Fired

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Congratulations on being the only sane person in this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
None of these yahoos had a reason to clear their holster.

Someone stealing from a third party without force, then attempting to flee does not constitute a deadly threat.

The one moron who drew down and stood in front of the car put himself in danger. The rest of the morons who fired shots at the tires should be arrested for reckless endangerment. Bullets tend to ricochet when they hit pavement.

They're all very lucky that no one got killed or seriously injured over stolen tools.

Be a good witness, don't draw down on someone over someone else's stuff.

There was no threat here or reason to draw a weapon.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Good job. Maybe morons who think they can get over on others will think twice. All for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
One poster just said last week

“I hope we see more of these stories” talking about the pussy who got shot and killed while stealing photos from a store. Good job that clerk. Good job.

Good job as well these 6 gunslingers, just should’ve aimed at the driver and passenger seats though, I would have.

I hope we see more of these stories.

Killed for stealing photos from a store?

Yeah, nah... That's what is wrong with this world.

But that's not what happened bud.

They stole the photos, at gunpoint and then came back at the employee.

THEN the scum bag got capped.

If the scumbag would have left with the photos it would still be with us. But no, the scumbag went back with Ill intent and got blasted for it.

At least know what you are yapping about before you start yapping.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I was always taught, you only point a gun at something you intend to destroy. If someone has malicious intent, and proves it with their actions, you shoot to kill. There is nothing heroic about it, it is just self preservation. If you don't take said action you are only taking your life into your own hands and further risking death yourself.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yep, the level of insanity:

wtop.com...

and

www.richmond.com...

A friend of mine knew the guy who shot himself in front of his kids. It happened again at he same Giant grocery store a few months later. I'm not sure which story is the one my friend was talking about. The guy's kids and wife were balling the whole time.

Maybe it's better to let the police do their jobs.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I stopped reading at sharia law getting something right.

meh

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

“I hope we see more of these stories” talking about the pussy who got shot and killed while stealing photos from a store. Good job that clerk. Good job.

Good job as well these 6 gunslingers, just should’ve aimed at the driver and passenger seats though, I would have.

You need to read that story. He was killed when he had a gun, got mad at the clerk and tried to come over the desk at him.

I was commenting merely on the post saying he stole photos and deserved to be killed.

That was the sentiment expressed.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

But that's not what happened bud.

They stole the photos, at gunpoint and then came back at the employee.

THEN the scum bag got capped.

If the scumbag would have left with the photos it would still be with us. But no, the scumbag went back with Ill intent and got blasted for it.

At least know what you are yapping about before you start yapping.

Shame the person who I responded to simply stated they were killed for stealing photos, and the expression of glee about it.

Either way, they were not killed for stealing photos after all. They were killed for intending to commit harm after the fact. Huuuuge difference.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Some time at the range would've saved the taxpayer a pile of money.

Nothing warms my heart more than a story of criminal scum getting put 6 ft under.

This story is the next best thing though.

Oh these guys didn't have to "spend time at the range", if they wanted the suspects dead they would be dead. The article states that "another customer shot at the front tire" to stop the car so the suspects couldn't fleet. "A third customer shot at the rear tire as the vehicle was driving away" and " when the car was found it had two flat tires" .

Sounds like their shooting was just fine and these customers didn't want to be put up for murder charges if they killed the guys, which they easily could have if they wanted.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You don't think your thread title is somewhat inaccurate?

Go in armed and trying to do someone harm is not just stealing.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 27-12-2018 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Maybe you missed the part where they said just run him over. The shooting happened after that. If they wanted to shoot them they could have done so in the store.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
None of these yahoos had a reason to clear their holster.

Be a good witness, don't draw down on someone over someone else's stuff.

There was no threat here or reason to draw a weapon.

Bull#! As soon as they drove the car towards the guy in front there was a threat. I wouldn't have shot at the tires, I would have shot at the driver.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Did you miss the part where the guy in front placed himself in that position?

Can I punch you in the face, then when you go to punch me back, draw my weapon and shoot you?

If anything, the thief could claim that he was in fear for his life because some maniac who wasn't a cop drew a weapon on him, therefore he drove at him to keep from being shot.

In my state, stealing $400 worth of tools isn't even a felony. I'm not going to escalate a situation and put myself in harms way over something the store will write off and not think twice about.

You'd really kill someone over $400 of property that wasn't even yours?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

It's perfectly legal to prevent a criminal from fleeing the scene. It is not legal to run someone over who is attempting to legally detain you. Your hypothetical is stupid and has no bearing on the case, some up with a better one, in fact I will do it for you.

I walk in on you stealing from my house. I stand in front of the exit and refuse to let you leave until the cops arrive, if you attack me it is 100% illegal for you to do so, and depending on what state we are in, I can kill you.

No one should be shot over a simple robbery. If the situation changes to where they would rather kill someone than be caught, I have zero problem with them being ended because now we are talking attempted murder, not robbery. Don't be a criminal and rob people, if you get caught, accept it and don't try to kill someone else to escape.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's perfectly legal to prevent a criminal from fleeing the scene. It is not legal to run someone over who is attempting to legally detain you. Your hypothetical is stupid and has no bearing on the case, some up with a better one, in fact I will do it for you.

I walk in on you stealing from my house. I stand in front of the exit and refuse to let you leave until the cops arrive, if you attack me it is 100% illegal for you to do so, and depending on what state we are in, I can kill you.

No one should be shot over a simple robbery. If the situation changes to where they would rather kill someone than be caught, I have zero problem with them being ended because now we are talking attempted murder, not robbery. Don't be a criminal and rob people, if you get caught, accept it and don't try to kill someone else to escape.

I think your question should be is it worth running over someone, possibly killing them just to steal those tools and is running over someone and stealing those tools worth the risk of getting shot?

See how that works?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think if you re-read my post you will see we are saying the same thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The desperation to somehow turn this around where the criminals are the victim is staggering. All because we can't admit guns have legitimate good uses. I can't imagine being that sheltered and ignorant. Yeah, let's just leave it to the cops, who aren't there until after you're dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The citizen wrongfully escalated the situation. No need to draw a gun on someone for petty theft. It's bringing a deadly threat to a previously non-deadly encounter.

If the citizen would have gotten run over and killed, I'm sure his family would think "Daddy was a hero for saving the store $200." Again, not worth risking life over petty theft.

What if the alleged criminal had not actually taken anything? The citizen could then be charged with menacing or wrongful imprisonment.

In my state, that's burglary, and a felony. The burglar would have no right to use force against the homeowner, and the homeowner would have the right to use force, up to and including deadly force to resolve the situation.

That said, I'm not going to shoot someone over property. It's just stuff. This was a private citizen attempting to stop someone who committed a petty theft, a misdemeanor.

This was not robbery until the citizen injected himself into the situation. Robbery requires the use of force in the commission of a theft.

If the citizen would have had an itchy trigger finger and smoked the thief before the car moved, the citizen would be charged with murder.

If one of the citizens would have killed a bystander, they would be charged with reckless homicide.

I'm not advocating that criminals not be punished. Just that gun owners be more responsible. Don't give gun grabbers any more ammo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join