It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think the 1969 moon landings were done in a movie studio

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: fluff007

Let’s review, again.

You posted no actual evidence.

For 1969,
There was no way to simulate the way the astronauts moved on film.
To simulate the way the dust fell would take a studio in total vacuum.
Third parties verified the broadcasts from the moon. Broadcasts with no proof from the earth to the moon then back again.
Other countries tracked the missions to the moon.
Mirrors left on the moon to measure the distance to the moon by lasers are still used.
Other countries that photographed the surface of the moon match the Apollo photos.
Other countries have photographed the landing sites on the moon.
Weather patterns match the live pictures of earth from the Apollo missions.
The actual astronauts give an account of being to the moon with no credible proof they are lying.

BUT MUH CONSPIRACY

(post by RedRobbin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: Dumbdowned

The links to high resolution images taken by NASA of the landing sites using the LRO have been posted either in this thread or one of the many other moon hoax threads here. Why aren't they good enough for you? Why aren't the Japanese, Chinese or Indian images good enough? What arbitrary standard of acceptability are you trying to impose, and why should NASA or anyone else be dictated to by it?

It's good enough for me but not to Apollo non-believers or fake moon landing conspiracy followers.
My point is not about just hi-res images from lunar orbiter but close-up image of lander sites like what we're being shown on the surface of mars.
Just send a buggy or rover to the moon and get it over with once and for all.
It's already a 50th year next year, they were historic missions proudly accomplished by American Astronauts and NASA, then why not revisit the moon landing site(s) and show the world to Make America Great Again!
I guess going back to the moon isn't NASA's #1 priority anytime soon since 1969.
I'm dumbfounded why's it so difficult to send a rover up there. Budget problems? I don't think so with such unmanned mission.
Nasa should've done it long before sending the rover to Mars.
Moon is like our next door neighbor's home if mars can be considered as a good block away from home.
Just doesn't make sense why even hesitate to make the buggy+AI robot trip happen?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Mainly the cost. This quora article discusses the cost in today's terms and comes up with a figure of around $700 million for a moon launch for the initial designing and building of the vehicles and around $500 million for each successive launch.

Granted, private companies are coming along and reducing the price per kilogram to orbit, but until that can be dropped by orders of magnitude, it's going to take a lot of $$$ to get anything into space. And the majority of that is fuel, we're in a gravity well that needs to be climbed out of before anything can then be sent elsewhere in the solar system.

The other thing is, there's not a dedicated rover that could be sent. One of those would have to be build from scratch as well.

And even then, you're going to have the simpletons who still will think that everything that's up there was placed in order to be shown by the rover and that we never went when we said we did and that what was shown with your proposed rover was staged.

It will never be enough for the devout, even if we were to send someone all of the naysayers could agree upon would they ever acknowledge that, yes we went to the moon.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbdowned
Just send a buggy or rover to the moon and get it over with once and for all.
It's already a 50th year next year, they were historic missions proudly accomplished by Americ

i dunno, but i dont think your average american tax payer will be too pleased that NASA spent another few hundred million just to prove something to non believers (it wouldnt even convince them anyway, they're too invested in the hoax story)

edit on 29-12-2018 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I think most reasonable people have accepted it as fact that NASA et al have been to the Moon several times. Those that choose not to believe are apparently a growing demographic which is a sorry reflection of the Zeitgeist. A lot of that group won't believe anything either way which makes outreach a waste of resources and could even make them worse.

There are dedicated conspiracy people who automatically see everything upside down or perpendicular to reality. The bulk of disbelievers are religiously or politically motivated to buttress their own beliefs by refuting the idea that Americans went to the moon. Apparently 1 in 3 Russians think it's a hoax and it's hardly surprising considering how frosty the relationship with the West has become. People on our own doorstep say they don't even believe the ISS exists and a few are media figures invested in conspiracy to make a living.

Information warfare is a regrettable aspect of the modern world. Gaining advantage over various rivals by undermining them is ingrained in social media as well as political discourse. Scorn and disbelief have been weaponised and anyone can use them.

NASA (link), ESA (link), JAXA (link), CNSA (link) and Roscosmos (link) all have plans for manned/robotic missions in the 2020s. Granted, the Russians joked about checking Apollo landing sites, but otherwise there's no meaningful reason to channel resources away from planned missions to satisfy the demands of knee-jerk disbelievers and deniers.

I can't think of anyone who would put conspiracy notions to bed. NASA or Roscosmos could send Alex Jones there with a live stream and it wouldn't be enough. It's basically fuelled by a wish to disbelieve and that's something that's so individual as to be impossible to reverse in any numbers.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

The other thing is, there's not a dedicated rover that could be sent. One of those would have to be build from scratch as well.

And even then, you're going to have the simpletons who still will think that everything that's up there was placed in order to be shown by the rover and that we never went when we said we did and that what was shown with your proposed rover was staged.

It will never be enough for the devout, even if we were to send someone all of the naysayers could agree upon would they ever acknowledge that, yes we went to the moon.

I know what you're trying to say but still a 3rd person (whose neither a believer or non-believer) would regard your reasons as just more excuses. That's not the American way to take care of things the right way.

1. The Chinese have sent a rover to the moon without breaking the bank. We already have mars rover prototype, it should be no sweat cloning it for a lunar rover.

2. If we have mars rover quality of hi-res images, majority of fake moon landing believers will take a hike and would never be heard from again. We're still relying on old 1969-70's images/videos and supposedly hard evidence from the lunar orbiter's images, asking non-believers to take these at face value but it's a hard pill to swallow for many. why? there's no close-up images of mounted US flag, lunar modules and so forth since the Apollo mission.

When you have updated sources of hard evidence such as panoramic images like the ones taken by the Mars rover, it'll be no waste of US dollars. It'll be worth a far more than the amount that's spent on it 'cause the new generation and the future generation of people of the world will admire the American value and learn what America's accomplished 50 years ago which deserves a world power dominance for many more years to come.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

why ?????????????????

2. If we have mars rover quality of hi-res images, majority of fake moon landing believers will take a hike and would never be heard from again. We're still relying on old 1969-70's images/videos and supposedly hard evidence from the lunar orbiter's images, asking non-believers to take these at face value but it's a hard pill to swallow for many. why? there's no close-up images of mounted US flag, lunar modules and so forth since the Apollo mission.

A - much of the output from mars missions - is infact lower resolution that the images from 70mm hasselblad stock

B - a significant % of the idiots who refuse to accept the veracity of the apollo program - also reject the mars missions

C - the " elephant in room " you SEEM to be so desperate to avoid :

please coherently explain why you think an idiot who rejects the ALSJ images will accept some 2019 moon rover images ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You have to justify the cost (everything, from refurbishing/modifying a lunar rover, to the cost of a rocket, to the fuel) to the US government and NASA.

NASA's budget is limited by the US government. They spend the money on what they have and on projects they must choose to do. They can't just suddenly decide to do what you are talking about on a whim, as they would then not have that money for their other projects.

So what is the justification? To prove that the US did indeed send people to the Moon back in 1969? To whom do they need to prove this to? What amounts to nothing more than a handful of people here in the US (statistically speaking) ? To the populations of other countries?

There would be absolutely no benefit from doing it, as previously mentioned, the majority of the Moon Hoaxers have already made up their mind, and even if you could somehow put them in a space suit and magically teleport them to any of the landing sites, they would still make some claim that the stuff was put there to simply keep the hoax alive.

Imagine that you've done something that was a great achievement. Imagine that plenty of people know about it, and it was something you worked really hard at and succeeded.

Now imagine a small group of people calling you out, saying you faked it and didn't really earn that achievement, even though you know you did, and those that were with you know you did.

Would you spend the rest of your life and finances trying to prove that small group of people wrong, who will never change their minds?

No, you would not. Not if your sane. Knowing that you did it, and knowing that most people know you did it will be good enough. You can ignore the naysayers and continue on with your life and with bigger and better things.

That's why NASA doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. To them the naysayers are a joke.......and their right, they are.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No, I don't believe three rockets were sent to the moon over a six months period in 1969 (fifty years ago) carrying human beings. Since they can't do it today.

Apollo 10 May 18, 1969
Apollo 11 July 16, 1969
Apollo 12 November 14, 1969

I think they were unmanned missions to the moon

edit on 29-12-2018 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Since they can't do it today.

You do realize that we currently have a probe in orbit around the moon right now, yes, and that China also has a mission ongoing as well, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You do realize that we currently have a probe in orbit around the moon right now, yes, and that China also has a mission ongoing as well, right?

Unless you can physically put one of those probes on their kitchen table it's all moot.

"Ta~#ing~da!! Behold the probe from space!"

"Do I look gullible? You think I'm an idiot?"

Returns moments later...

"Check out this one-take footage as I seize the probe. No edits! Ta~#ing~da! A space probe!!"

"Like you couldn't have done it all in photoshop?

Slams door and leaves...

"Huzah!! I bring you the engineers who built it, their academic records and paychecks. Now feast your eyes upon the probe!!"

"Eh. Meh. Sniff. These bums could be actors hired for a buck. Soooo impressed. Not. "

A whoosh of air and Earth is suddenly very small...

"We are in space itself! Now! Gaze upon the probe you Pyrrhonic scoffer!"

"Like this was created by Man. Pfttt."

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What are you ranting about.

The growing list.

There was no way to fake the shadows as filmed from the manned moon landings for the late sixties, early seventies.

No way to fake astronauts being weightless on film during a live broadcast for the late sixties, early seventies.

To create the way the dust acted on the moon landing films would have taken a studio in absolute vacuum, with real space suits.

The above three were almost impossible for the time period, and would have been more costly than sending men to the moon.

Scientists still bounce lasers off reflectors left by the Apollo missions to monitor the distance of the moon.

Third party verification of space broadcasts from the moon during the Apollo missions. No evidence the broadcasts came from earth, relayed to the moon, and back to earth.

Other countries tracked the Apollo missions to the moon.

Third part verification the moon landing sites are there.

The captured photos of current moon exploration matches the moonscapes from the Apollo films.

The live shots of earth from the Apollo missions had the correct cloud formations for the weather of any given day.

You have astronauts that atest to being on the moon with no credible evidence they are lying.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Are you drunk fella? What's the use-by date on your carton of egg nog?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

carrying human beings ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

ok - just for entertainment :

WHY do you believe manned lunar missions = impossible ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Do you have evidence the moon landings are fake, or any of the astronauts that walked the moon are lying, the third party tracking of the Apollo missions is erroneous, or the third party verification of the landings sites is a lie?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think you may be misinterpreting Kandisky's stance.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i is so glad you is hear to tell us that , because - without your wisdom - well ..................

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I think you may be misinterpreting Kandisky's stance.

Then the individual should practice better communication skills. Not try to be smug?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join