It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day after XMAS stock market sores 1086 points MAGA edition.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Obama: "That was me, people".

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Obama: "That was me, people".

lol

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Ma old works idiot was nick named mahogany

Wooden head

...is that you mahawgurs?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Two games here.... those who would tear down what we have built, and those who would build on what we have built

Which are you ? Can't be having both lest your actions betray you

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
But I thought this was Obama's economy? That's what the liberals kept screaming until the market started to drop. Which is it? Can they make up their minds or is it just a matter of "orange man bad, so negative things are orange man's fault"?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So who's manipulting the stock market?

This kind of volitility cannot simply be explained by pension funds manipulation.

President Trump is in a desperate battle for his life and his presidency. He has taken on some major battles with major powers. He took major steps in the past week with the budget and over the weekend powwows about the economy.

It's really just going to become more severe for him and he knows it. The bumpy ride will get bumpier and unfortunately we are along that ride with him.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I figured this was just a big bump on the news of huge consumer spending this season.

Which wasn't something unexpected, been reporting strong holiday sales for weeks.

Hope it continues for a few more trading session, I have some retail stocks I want to dump, happy to sell at 10 percent higher than last week.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Biggest single day point gain in history. May have solved some of the pension crisis issues as well. Time will tell.

www.zerohedge.com...

I'll be the ass here and point out that the 3 largest point gains and 6 of the 10 largest point gains prior to this year's craziness came in the middle of the 2008 market panic. One amazing day doesn't erase the fact that, since the Dems were elected to the House, the market has been reeling.
edit on 26-12-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Ok.

From your link.

This month is still on pace for the worst December since 1931, according to S&P Global Indices.

My 401k (which is diverse) is down 25% for the year. So yea, people cherry pick the stats that fit their narrative. While the president has impacts ranging from small to large... Trump probably doesn't have a lot to do with the bull market bucking.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The dims plan to remove the tax cuts and have obummer care back and free education. The crazy ride is just starting

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Biggest single day point gain in history. May have solved some of the pension crisis issues as well. Time will tell.

www.zerohedge.com...

I'll be the ass here and point out that the 3 largest point gains and 6 of the 10 largest point gains prior to this year's craziness came in the middle of the 2008 market panic. One amazing day doesn't erase the fact that, since the Dems were elected to the House, the market has been reeling.

The Dow peaked on September 17th at 26,743.50

It has been stepping down ever since. Sure there are spikes here and there but the trend since October is step down lower and lower.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
lol

Conveniently ignores the two months of severe drops.

Celebrates one day of gains.

Typical.

lol

Conveniently igonres the 18 months of massive gains prior to the 2 months of severe drops.
Those 2 months of severe drops placed the market at 22% ABOVE the level the week before Trump took office.

But, those 2 months of drops eh?

edit on 26/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Two games here.... those who would tear down what we have built, and those who would build on what we have built

Which are you ? Can't be having both lest your actions betray you

a reply to: Plotus

Yeah. Right. Except that it turns out to be a very lucrative business model after all. Kinda funny, innit?

Also, anyone would still be building on what you have built, even if it would be torn away. You're losing either way, my fellow walking dead in a quantitatively eased market.
Me? I'd rather betray the morons with this certain condescending tone of a real bully over the whole fcking species, but this blue line of yours was intimidating enough to change my mind. Impressive!

#CriticalCristMess
#ZeeMarketz
#HappyNewBetrayear

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.zerohedge.com...

The Dow peaked on September 17th at 26,743.50

It has been stepping down ever since. Sure there are spikes here and there but the trend since October is step down lower and lower.

Thing were looking up in late Spet./early October as the anger over the left's treatment of Kavanaugh generated some serious heat and backlash, making it look like the GOP may well ride a wave of voter anger through retaining both the House and Senate. Then, mid October, things climbed again right up to election day. November was the market shaking out some last minute profits as they prepared for the House change-over. December has been deleveraging from stocks which the Dems are toxic towards while recognizing the fact that there's actually very, very little the Dems can much up while only holding the House. This downturn is the result of fear over yet another Democrat run House.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
So who's manipulting the stock market?

This kind of volitility cannot simply be explained by pension funds manipulation.

President Trump is in a desperate battle for his life and his presidency. He has taken on some major battles with major powers. He took major steps in the past week with the budget and over the weekend powwows about the economy.

It's really just going to become more severe for him and he knows it. The bumpy ride will get bumpier and unfortunately we are along that ride with him.

Here is the deal. The Stock Market has been artificially inflated by companies doing stock buy backs with the money they are saving on taxes. This will explain.

Tax cut triggers $437 billion explosion of stock buybacks
money.cnn.com...

Flooded with cash from the Republican tax cut, US public companies announced a whopping $436.6 billion worth of stock buybacks, according to research firm TrimTabs.

Not only is that most ever, it nearly doubles the previous record of $242.1 billion, which was set during the first three months of the year.

Apple alone announced plans for $100 billion in buybacks. Big banks such as Wells Fargo (WFC), JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Bank of America (BAC) each said they would buy back at least $20 billion of their own stock after the Federal Reserve gave them a clean bill of health late last month.

The buyback boom is terrific news for shareholders — and corporate executives. When companies repurchase vast amounts of stock, they provide persistent demand that tends to boost share prices. Buybacks also artificially inflate a closely watched measure of profitability known as earnings per share.

So that is almost 700 Billion right there.

edit on 26-12-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The mathematicians of ATS.... 😂😂

............... ......

The see-saw volatility is a great sign of MAGA!!!

Woohooo
Winning!!

700 billion wow! That's definitely accurate. 😉😉
Investors should browse ats for tips 😉

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It comes as no surprise that ATS threads about record Stock Market GAINS, don't receive nearly as many posts, as threads about record Stock Market LOSSES.

I don't know if that's a reflection of the composition of ATS membership...or the composition of society as a whole.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Some investors expect a solid "bottom" followed by another long cyclical rise.

This was a Christmas rally orchestrated on light trading days by advanced computer algorithms(the Tuesday decline exaggerates the Wednesday rise).

With high frequency trading its more like the effective value of a trading plasma is being modulated by frequency.

Will there be a double bottom attempt or multiple bottom attempts?

The best short term no load bond funds are offering about 2.58% yield so it might be wise to wait for the Federal reserve to reverse the rate hike policy rather than lock into some long term obligation(if you are a gambler).
withand put on a new shirt pretty soon..

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
lol

Conveniently ignores the two months of severe drops.

Celebrates one day of gains.

Typical.

And the Left dismissed 20 months of gains s or if they were absolutely backed into a corner and HAD to acknowledge the gains it was 100% Bwak! Obama's doing and had nothing to do with Trump.

Of course the first day of losses were like totally all Donald Drumpf the Nazis fault.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The day after the day after XMAS Dow Jones currently down 414.94.
www.marketwatch.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join