It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day after XMAS stock market sores 1086 points MAGA edition.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well since it was all Trumps fault the stock market went down on Christmas day.

Liberals were crying their portfolio was down 20% and it was all Trumps fault.

I wonder how many of the same libtards are going to give him credit for the miraculous (CNNs term) recovery .

How stupid they must feel at this exact moment

MAGA MAGA morons

www.cnn.com...

edit on 26-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I won't celebrate until it climbs over 26K again.

To volatile for me to play right now.

I still worry that it will bottom out in the teens.
edit on 26-12-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I put a bunch in CDs last week, can't take this volatility. Will get back in maybe 6 months from now if things are a bit calmer.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Biggest single day point gain in history. May have solved some of the pension crisis issues as well. Time will tell.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I won't celebrate until it climbs over 26K again.

To volatile for me to play right now.

I still worry that it will bottom out in the teens.

I'm praying it does... I would like one more buy low extravaganza like 2008 before I call it quits with the market...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Eh, I give it till 2020 for the teens.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I find it amazing that so many people talk about the dow jones going up and down and I'm guessing they have no idea that the average is based off of 30 stocks.

That's right, the entire stock exchange is judge off of the value of 30 stock shares.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

“The president has voiced policy differences with Jay Powell, but Jay Powell’s job is 100% safe. The president has no intention of firing Jay Powell,” Hassett told the Wall Street Journal, a sister publication of MarketWatch.

To be sure, the Fed is not and should not be immune from criticism. The Fed has often been accused, and rightly so, of contributing to the onset of recession by raising rates too high.

Yet the Fed has become the world’s most powerful and influential central bank precisely because it’s seen by investors around the world as an independent authority.

That reputation could be lost for good if the president was able to vanquish the Fed — to the longstanding detriment of the U.S. economy.
www.marketwatch.com...

Stability returned , Trump bit off more than hew could chew so he's backed down , markets like stability and there are bargains to be had.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The puppet masters don’t like when they are questioned

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

LOL! Liberals don't have a portfolio! They HATE capitalism.

Your humor is appreciated though.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
lol

Conveniently ignores the two months of severe drops.

Celebrates one day of gains.

Typical.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So conservatives blamed the American people who voted Democrat in November for the stock market going down recently but now that it’s on an upswing, MAGA?

Lmao you’re all fools.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Everyone keeps trying to tell you guys.

The potus does not have that great of an effect on the market.

When it went down it had nothing to do with trump.

When it goes up it has nothing to do with trump.

Stop with these nonsense threads.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Fools they are, but still entertaining watching them flip flop.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
lol

Conveniently ignores the two months of severe drops.

Celebrates one day of gains.

Typical.

Conveniently ignores the idiotic thread on the front page blaming Trump for the crash

LMAO Typical

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I find it amazing that so many people talk about the dow jones going up and down and I'm guessing they have no idea that the average is based off of 30 stocks.

That's right, the entire stock exchange is judge off of the value of 30 stock shares.

Quoted to repeat as it looks as if some folks either did not read and/or do not understand

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Why Stocks Are Soaring: A Massive, $64 Billion Buy Order

www.zerohedge.com...

And no, we did not anticipate that President Trump would activate the Plunge Protection Team over the weekend: the good news in question was that as Wells Fargo calculated U.S. defined-benefit pensions fund would need to implement a "giant rebalancing out of bonds and into stocks" - in fact the biggest in history - with the bank estimating roughly $64 billion in equity purchases in the last trading days of the quarter and year, prompting the banks to ask if traders are about to make pension rebalancing "great" again.

Judging by today's market action, the answer is a resounding yes, even though as Wells warned investors and traders looking for a desperately needed respite from market gyrations "may have to deal with yet one more seismic bout of volatility before Dec 31 finally pops up on their calendar dials."

So, they decide to dump pension funds into the market...... yeah, that might not be a good idea if the dow takes a dump.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It doesn't, mean that the stock market is stable. It also doesn't, make Friday and Monday go away. Who knows what tomorrow and Friday this week will bring.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

It doesn't, mean that the stock market is stable. It also doesn't, make Friday and Monday go away. Who knows what tomorrow and Friday this week will bring.

It means that liberals are idiots for all of the hit pieces about Trump and the market just yesterday,

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ok.

From your link.

This month is still on pace for the worst December since 1931, according to S&P Global Indices.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join