It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Palestinians Angry Over Tel Aviv Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While Israel is outraged, Palestinians are also angry over the Tel Aviv nightclub attack, feeling that it will hamper their chances for peace in the region and slow the progress that was currently being made between the two countries. Palestinians publicly condemned the attack and blamed Hezbollah for the attacks. Even know Palestinian terrorist groups expressed outrage.

ap.tbo.com
Official condemnations and denials were followed by public anger toward the perpetrators as Israeli blamed Syria and the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad, which claimed responsibility for the attack. The Palestinians pointed fingers at the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah. Syria denied the allegations.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas convened his top security chiefs directly after the bombing and issued a strong statement pledging to track down and punish the culprits. The three main Palestinian militant groups - including Islamic Jihad - initially denied involvement. A branch of the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades in the West Bank city of Nablus, even condemned the attack.

"We will not allow anyone to sabotage our national goals, aspirations and ambitions," Abbas said Saturday in the West Bank town of Ramallah. "All Palestinian factions, including the prisoners, were outraged by this operation. I emphasize that there is another party that wants to sabotage the peace process."

Palestinians, weary after four years of violence, welcomed an Israeli-Palestinian cease-fire declaration at a Mideast summit in Egypt on Feb. 8, and many accused Hezbollah of intentionally trying to destroy the truce.

"If Hezbollah was behind this attack, I as a Palestinian tell them, 'Deal with your own problems and stay out of ours,'" said Akram Abu Sbaa, 38, of Jenin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In all fairness to both sides, their anger is justified. You have to wonder if an outside party may be intentionally sabotaging the progress between the two countries. Israel is blaming Syria and so is Palestine, so both countries should see their common ground and put this incident behind them as they make progress towards peace. They are working together to capture and prosecute the perpetrators, let's hope they continue to work together.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Israel Blames Syria for Tel Aviv Blast and Freezes Transfer of Palestinian Towns
TOP STORY: Nightclub Bombing in Tel Aviv - Four Dead, Dozens Injured
WAR: Seven held over Tel Aviv bombing

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry to state that the fact the Palestinians are "angry" about the Tel Aviv bombing and the sudden blaming of the Hezbollah/Syria are nothing but utter BULLSH*T.

First off, for the past 4 years, the Hezbollah have not send a single member of the Hezbollah to commit an act of suicide bombing against Israeli citizens. The Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, the al Aqsa Martyr brigade and other Palestinian extremists have been doing the dirty works of murder against Israeli citizens. However, the Hezbollah did launched rocket attacks against Israeli military and Jewish settlers in the past but sending a Hezbollah suicide bomber in Tel Aviv and blow up a nightclub or restaurant...no.

I'm all for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, enough blood have been shed by both sides. But I'm somewhat skeptical of the Palestinians' recent feelings about the recent attack on Israelis in Tel Aviv, being "angry" about it and casting a sudden blame on the Hezbollah or Syria out of the blue? Something ain't kosher.

[edit on 2/26/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the_oleneo:

...utter BULLSH*T.

First off, this is ATSNN, not the regular forums.
Second, profanity is a no-no, per Terms And Conditions Of Use
Third, circumventing the censors is a no-no, per ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

As for this:

First off, for the past 4 years, the Hezbollah have not send a single member of the Hezbollah to commit an act of suicide bombing against Israeli citizens.

Umm, care to explain why a senior Hezbollah operative would claim responsibility then?
Hezbollah Operative Claims Tel Aviv Blast

If this "operative" is claiming such and taking responsibility, then would that not imply that Hezbollah has and is using suicide bombers (ie: Tel Aviv)?

seekerof

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Seekerof,
Yesterday Islamic Jihad view the suicider's tape(you know 72 virgins and all that stuff) and claim responsability...But the money was from Hizballah...In Israel is a order from the millitary censorship not to publicize the facts...I think the Israelis and the Palestinians will try to put this one on the Hizballah/Syria/Iran count...After all if Israel can eliminate Hizballah it's half work done...But if the PA don't take any masures like it's doing now,the terrorist will know they can strike Israel and get with it...Jusr like in Lebanon...There is a government and the Hizballah...Hizballah is striking,the government is doing nothing...At the and Israel will strike back and than all the IC will cry out laud why Israel is attacking the peaceful Lebanon...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
I'm sorry to state that the fact the Palestinians are "angry" about the Tel Aviv bombing and the sudden blaming of the Hezbollah/Syria are nothing but utter BULLSH*T.

First off, for the past 4 years, the Hezbollah have not send a single member of the Hezbollah to commit an act of suicide bombing against Israeli citizens. The Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, the al Aqsa Martyr brigade and other Palestinian extremists have been doing the dirty works of murder against Israeli citizens. However, the Hezbollah did launched rocket attacks against Israeli military and Jewish settlers in the past but sending a Hezbollah suicide bomber in Tel Aviv and blow up a nightclub or restaurant...no.

I'm all for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, enough blood have been shed by both sides. But I'm somewhat skeptical of the Palestinians' recent feelings about the recent attack on Israelis in Tel Aviv, being "angry" about it and casting a sudden blame on the Hezbollah or Syria out of the blue? Something ain't kosher.

[edit on 2/26/2005 by the_oleneo]

First off, yes I agree that laying the blame on Hizbullah is probably Bullsh*t as you put it. Initially the Islamic Jihad and Al-Akza Brigades claimed responsibility. I think that the peaceniks who control the media in Israek want to lay the blame on anyone but the Palestinians so that the the unilateral withdrawl in Gaza will not be missed. I mean, if after all, the west bank starts flaring off that would mean that the Palestinians will start copying the Hizbulla tactics from Sounth Lebanon and Gaza to the West Bank which is something the media doesn't want to have the public think is a possibility after the Gaza withdraw.

Secondly, Hizbullah presence was well documented in tbe mainstream media for a few years now. Hizbullah tactics were transfered to the West Bank and Gaza through Arab inflitrators. Hizbullah provides Palestinians with the knowledge to perform murderous acts which they so enjoy performing. If organizations such as Hamas, Jihad, Al, Aqza, or Mohamed's Sexually Frustrated and Extremely Pychotic Pedophiles Brigades perform the terrorist attrocity is a matter of semanics. It all comes down to Abu Mazen and the Palestinian Authority not lifting a finger to fight terrorism.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
the_oleneo:

...utter BULLSH*T.

First off, this is ATSNN, not the regular forums.
Second, profanity is a no-no, per Terms And Conditions Of Use
Third, circumventing the censors is a no-no, per ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

First off, I apologize for the use of profanity but I meant it to state my utter disbelief in this type of reaction from the Palestinians to the Tel Aviv bombing. I'm in no way "circumventing" the censors. You seem to misunderstand my precise point of disagreement of the situation, I'm not disagreeing with the news, I'm just disagreeing with the reaction that the news was reporting, that's all.

Am I entitled to disagree with anything based on my skepticism of the Palestinians?

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, care to explain why a senior Hezbollah operative would claim responsibility then?
Hezbollah Operative Claims Tel Aviv Blast

If this "operative" is claiming such and taking responsibility, then would that not imply that Hezbollah has and is using suicide bombers (ie: Tel Aviv)?

seekerof

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Seekerof]

Seeker, I'm talking about in the past almost 5 years of the Palestinian "uprising" against the Israelis, not a single representative of the Hezbollah ever attempt to commit suicide/homicide bombing against Israelis until this one happened recently in Tel Aviv. I stated the Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, the al Aqsa brigades and other extremists have been doing all the dirty works since 2000. I also stated the Hezbollah have been launching rockets at Israel since 2002 but sending a suicide/homicide bomber was something the Hezbollah hasn't been doing it for a long time.

That's all. I've been following the Israel-Palestinian conflict since 2000 and do remembered who was claiming responsibility for whom on every suicide/homicide bombing action unless a lot of news relating to the Hezbollah's activities against Israel have been underreported and overshadowed by the actions of other Palestinian extremist groups. Okay?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

First off, for the past 4 years, the Hezbollah have not send a single member of the Hezbollah to commit an act of suicide bombing against Israeli citizens.

Maybe you are interested in

Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center at the Center for Special Studies Special Information Bulletin February 10, 2005:
Iran and Hezbollah as instigators of terrorism in the Palestinian Authority-administered territories: high-ranking officials in the PA claim Hezbollah recently increased its efforts to disrupt the calm in the PA-administered territories by encouraging its operatives there to escalate their activities

Rebekka

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Seekerof:
Think I may have said something too.
Sorry if any ATSrs' were offended.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Isn't it nice that the palastinains are upset as well over the attack. Pointing the finger at Hesbollah, is just an exercise in denying the facts..

However this public realation exercise has no validity when they are still trying to attack, and are involved in purchasing new weapons.

www.debka.com...

Throughout the phony calm, between 50 and 60 threatened bombings were constants on their screens ... all the Palestinian terrorist organizations were caught almost daily in the West Bank

By common consent, all the Palestinian terrorist groups quickly denied responsibility for the Tel Aviv bomb blast, pointing the finger at the Hizballah.

This cry was taken up by the Israeli media quoting both Israeli and Palestinian official sources. Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas’ vow to catch the instigators and bring them to justice belied this claim. It betrayed his knowledge that the killer’s dispatchers are to be found at home.

The Hizballah fiction will be hard to sustain. DEBKAfile’s Lebanese sources report that in the two weeks ago since Lebanese opposition leader Rafiq Hariri was assassinated, Hizballah leader Hassan Nasrallah has sternly forbidden his men to so much as fire a shot in Israel’s direction so as not to give the US or Israel a pretext for hitting his bases or Syria in reprisal for the murder.

For once, therefore, the Hizballah did not congratulate Palestinians on their “success” or join Palestinian celebrations in the Gaza Strip.

The rush to rearm is on again...

It includes all types of armored personnel carriers with fixed mortars, jeeps fitted with 107 mm recoilless guns, telescopic rifles, pistols, ammunition, communications and engineering gear, helmets and medical equipment.

The army Abbas is building is designed to absorb the disassembled Palestinian terrorist organizations. For the first time, they will be equipped with heavy arms.

Much more on the site...

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes.

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas fails to take action against Palestinian terror organizations and dismantle them but rather seeks to reach "understandings" with them.

top topics

join