It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi Su-57 Meta Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

First time I've seen the FOD door cutout. That's another feature not demonstrated yet (I guess until now).

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am thinking the Russians may try to have very slow production of these aircraft, but with focus on consistent small improvements to the design and especially manufacturing: you can't build a 5th generation aircraft using 4th generation manufacturing and assembly tech - and it may be indeed be that 6th generation aircraft will require a lot more advanced manufacturing systems than even 5th generation requires.

What has to be remembered here is timelines: we're basically a decade away from advanced 6th generation aircraft being prototyped in the USA. If Russia were to splurge all its money on more Su-57s, it will likely bleed dry its R&D budget for the 6th generation, with very little ability to make the big leap needed in capability. So they will have maybe a few years of near parity with the US F22/F35 mix, before the 6th generation comes through, and they suddenly have an airforce a generatiuon behind...and no money in the bank.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Got the Su-70 on the bottom, too. You don't think they're going for integrated air systems, do you?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Integrated systems makes sense in future warfare.Unless the F35,s find a loophole or back door in the network and bring the whole thing down :-P

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Still no proper RAM Coating.

But time for yet another paintjob at Nellis i guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

That's a knife that cuts both ways.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That's a knife that cuts both ways.

Something we agree on.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

www.janes.com...

Jane's is stating only some of the Su-57s in the 2nd LRIP will have the new engine.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Pretty sure that was in the Tass announcement originally.

ETA

"In 2020, we plan to sign the second contract to manufacture and deliver 13 Su-57 fighter jets, some of them equipped with the second-stage engines," he said. "The preliminary timeframe for the new contract is five years."

More:
tass.com...

edit on 28-1-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Could be. I'm disappointed in Jane's then if that's all it was.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Could be the same person giving them the same information as they gave Tass, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hoping the Izdeliye 30 has all that its been cooked up to be.We always hear more power and less fuel but its the reliability they need to nail down.
Some info here.
Russia Defence
edit on 29-1-2019 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

And the Russians are trying to court the Indians again. It should be noted, the Indians have started the detailed design of the AMCA.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Only *ONE* SU-57 will be delivered in 2019.

A *2nd* will be delivered in 2020.

So much for 12 aircraft to be delivered in an LRIP for 2019.

www.ruaviation.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

They're supposed to be sending one to Paris this summer to make its debut there.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pretty pretty please come back?

www.defencetalk.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The Russians are saying they are not going to order a bunch of the Su-57s until the engine issues are sorted out. Hint: they are not. Also they may be going to replace the radar with one that is GaAs or GaN.

Interesting. Interesting.

Where's that guy who was gloating the engine was doing awesome?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Its as I said,they have come to a point in engine tech to keep blundering along trying to get what they have to work properly or scrap the whole idea and go with totally new engines.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join