It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax avoidance and evasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I would argue however that healthcare is only a small part of the budget and a small percentage of people skimming now and again has no real bearing of the completely ballsed up mismanagement the government are implicit in. If the funds were managed honestly and the system ran like a fine tuned machine his skimming would hold much more weight.

Without the OP and others like him taking their small skims, facilitating the fatter cats in taking theirs, there would of course be no one to take the fall and be the poverty driven scapegoat. That's how "they" get away with it because there is always someone desperate enough to help them cover their tracks. And then because everyone is skimming on some level or other no-one is pushing for tighter accountability because they don't want that kind of scrutiny anymore than the big bosses do. There is nothing so threatening to the status quo as a clean whistle.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: TinySickTears
Lol cheers mate

I knew people would be outraged by this thread but I just think of the tax avoidance/evasion by big business and find ways to get a piece of the cake myself as an individual.
Money isn't real anyway, the whole economic model is an accounting scam.

Hypocrite, what happened to all that talk about paying more into taxes so people can get heath care?

Oh I pay tax, I just reduce my income tax bill as much as I can.
We have a tax here called Council Tax, you can't avoid it at all, it is a charge to pay for public services, I pay it.
If there was a Health Tax in a similar way then I'd pay it as well without complaint so no hypocrisy from me fella.
It is good doing the same as Amazon avoiding tax as an individual, makes you feel free and not a corporate slave.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

In his defence, he does help out junkie bashing in his spare time, in lieu of the police force he's helping to defund.

Ya' gotta care for the community. Giving something back.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Deliciously naive.

I'm self employed also.

Enjoy it while you can. They'll come for you before you retire. They'll want 5 figures minimum.
It's not pretty.

Whatever, carry on bowing down to your masters and doing exactly as you are told. I'll carry on with my own thing avoiding as much income tax as I can.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: Muninn

In his defence, he does help out junkie bashing in his spare time, in lieu of the police force he's helping to defund.

Ya' gotta care for the community. Giving something back.

I kick junkies out of my street when they are shooting up outside of my house, hardly junkie bashing you #ing drama queen lol

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Sticking it to the man.

And the sick.

And the poor.

Easy money.

Fight the power.

Cuz the queen.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

I would argue however that healthcare is only a small part of the budget and a small percentage of people skimming now and again has no real bearing of the completely ballsed up mismanagement the government are implicit in. If the funds were managed honestly and the system ran like a fine tuned machine his skimming would hold much more weight.

Without the OP and others like him taking their small skims, facilitating the fatter cats in taking theirs, there would of course be no one to take the fall and be the poverty driven scapegoat. That's how "they" get away with it because there is always someone desperate enough to help them cover their tracks. And then because everyone is skimming on some level or other no-one is pushing for tighter accountability because they don't want that kind of scrutiny anymore than the big bosses do. There is nothing so threatening to the status quo as a clean whistle.

That's a damn good point and the crux of the issue...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
Cry me a river man.
If big business was forced to pay all the taxes they are due then the common people probably wouldn't have to pay much at all.
Carry on bowing to your masters, I'll keep on taking the piss and avoiding as much income tax as I can.
I'm loving how angry it makes you to be honest, we don't ever agree about anything on ATS lol

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

We don't have to agree. You're not stupid enough that you expected to write this and just get a "well done". And I'm not stupid enough to say my piece and expect you to jump onboard.

You knew this would be volatile and I knew what your retorts would be. We've exchanged opinions.

You mistake disgust for anger.

I guess all that's left is to go on living and learn who went wrong where.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

That's a damn good point and the crux of the issue...

A few months back I was "offered" about £200 worth of cash in hand work by a "manager". I said no and had to argue the toss as to why that was not acceptable to me. It was, in the end, mind boggling to them that I would not take what they considered to be a hand-out because I do menial, low paid work they thought I'd bite their hand off (it was labouring work and not my idea of "easy" money, so I was hard pressed to see it as the "favour" they thought they were doing me).

I choose to work beneath the tax threshold so as not to pay tax, I don't do it because I have to or need to but because I want to. I would've done the work on the books and still have been below the tax threshold but they didn't want that because they had their own dodge going and I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that should push come to shove I would be thrown to the wolves and my ability to provide for myself and my family gone. I don't have an ethical problem with cash in hand work for those that need to do it. It is far from being money for nothing, I do have a problem with the "poor" being made beholden to the law and the more economically comfortable, and perceived as being desperate for their slice of the cake. Some of us are simply not interested in cake and are happy just to do what we do for what we get.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Right on.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
Haha of course I knew the reactions I'd get by some folk when I posted this thread, outrage was expected.
I obviously don't care though, and your 'disgust' at my actions is hardly going to change me, it just makes me chuckle.
Pay your taxes like a good little worker bee, I'll do what Amazon does and avoid as much as I can.
When the government cracks down on big business I may change my mind and start paying up, but while this happens:

Online retail giant Amazon's UK paid £1.7m in taxes despite profits almost trebling to £72.3m
...i'll carry on as I am thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i " let this slide " - the first time - because it was so utterly retarded .

but now - lets play :

As a self employed person the first £11,850 each year is not taxable

the only remotely factual point in your post

so if there is no digital payment record to show I can play with that

ignored for

and invoice my mate so we get the tax he would have paid Her Majesty.

your inabi;ity to comprehend the difference between tax and earnings is noted

11 grand of free cash is a brilliant scam, half each for doing nothing except printing off an invoice.

and that is the evidence of your delusion

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Delusion?
If you want to moan at me for tax avoidance scamming then go ahead, I don't care, but it is a fully working scam so maybe have a think about who is the delusional one here.
Are you following me around like my own personal troll? I feel honoured lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join