It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People freezing on TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

It's something some celebs do because they think its funny. Patton Oswalt (I think that's his name) has done the same a few times from back in the days of Kings of Queens to apparently doing it in the background of films and other tv shows where he guest stars. They think it makes them funny and special instead it just makes them seem a little crazy.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausernameit's hilarious.

not really. just plain weird.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5
I am thinking this was related to the mannequin challenge or some variation of it. A social media fun campaign, not unlike the ice bucket challenge or the knockout challenge or some other nonsense with a hashtag #____challenge.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: samuelsson

If you watch the video in this post www.abovetopsecret.com... you can see he unfreezes when one of the other panelists is laughing and begins laughing himself.

Classic Shaq humor, imo.

Either way, it's hilarious.

I noticed that - to me, it was more like someone waking up after daydreaming, and just trying to "catch up with current events". "Something hilarious going on? Ha-ha!".

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: RoScoLaz5
I am thinking this was related to the mannequin challenge or some variation of it. A social media fun campaign, not unlike the ice bucket challenge or the knockout challenge or some other nonsense with a hashtag #____challenge.

It's often hard to tell when things have happened, just judging by stuff on YouTube. Digging deeper, the number of sources are often limited, and referencing each other.

It is interesting that I find no articles about "Shaq doing the mannequin challenge like a boss".

For now, it seems like there is no #DoomOn, and no overwhelming risk of us all getting programmed to "Kill the Robinsons!" or something.

But it is puzzling.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

lol, that looks like it's been digitally altered or something.

Otherwise, he could be reading a telecast or something, and he's concentrating on it, but it seems a bit unlikely to be that un-animated whilst reading.

I googled him, turns out he became a freemason, so who knows what's going on with him, could be some sort of mind control/demonic possession with him, even if the video's been altered.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
lol... they couldn't really afford to pay for his appearance on their show, so in reality...
it is just a cardboard cutout???
did the guy ever move through the show?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
lol... they couldn't really afford to pay for his appearance on their show, so in reality...
it is just a cardboard cutout???
did the guy ever move through the show?

He actually "wakes up" after way more than a minute - see the latest clip with Shaq.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Easyy way to find out... go find Al and SCREAM HOLY GHOST IN HIS FACE UNTIL HE GOES MAD!a reply to: Uberdoubter

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Is there any possibility that Shaq was just trying respond in a funny way to Charles' karaoke skills?
Maybe he saw the clip shortly before it aired and he was trying to look shocked?

This is a good guess. His mouth is open like he was trying to show shock.

That was a very weird clip though.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Man, I love these glitch in the matrix videos.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Added vid

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Glitch in the matrix wrecked my glitch in the matrix video

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Shaq was just straight up messing with people. he did that intentionally

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This may solve the mystery. It's called the mannequin challenge.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

what we don't see is what was said before and how long he was in that pose for before?

I do think some people have been cloned and if the real guy or girl can't show up at a public event for some reason, the clones are sent in.

That guy at the basketball game was a definite waxwork, robot or clone.

I used to have bouts like that... I would zone out for a fews seconds and be like wtf afterwoods...

I stopped drinking tea and I'd get the shakes for a bit as if I was coming off a drug...
edit on CSTWed, 26 Dec 2018 18:56:17 -06000000003106x017x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is Shaq being Shaq. The man is a national treasure, seriously.

*Watch that last one to the reply from the front camera. Ernie Johnson's reaction to seeing Shaq wipe out always gets me.
edit on 26-12-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Maybe Shaq was suffering from low blood sugar. He does suffer from diabetes. ???

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
it is a video of shaq being shaq. He saw he was getting a reaction from the camera crew and didn't have a bit to speak about so he kept at it trying to get the camera crew to crack up on air.

and yes, this sort of thing happens with good "talent". I have been to my fair share of studios helping with crowd seating/ audience managing for live audience shows. Having someone on stage that can get the crew having a good time raises everyone's mood and makes the work day easier. However sometimes they go bit far.
edit on 26-12-2018 by dubiousatworst because: relevant info

edit on 26-12-2018 by dubiousatworst because: redo

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Watch the full version, he does turn around and hides his face laughing.

This is definitely SHAQ being SHAQ.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Is there any possibility that Shaq was just trying respond in a funny way to Charles' karaoke skills?
Maybe he saw the clip shortly before it aired and he was trying to look shocked?

Most likely this. If you watch Basketball and see Shaq lots he will do weird things all the time. Funny faces and "freeze" the look. Stare blankly into the camera at times etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join