It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People freezing on TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Remember how a few years back (2011?), multiple people had what appeared to be breakdowns on TV? Mid-sentence, they started to talk nothing but gibberish.

It seems to me like there may be a similar thing going on this year, with people freezing on TV.

"Freezing" as in totally motionless.

Al Roker behaved weirdly in one clip, but the best I've found so far is Shaquille O'Neal turning into a downright cardboard cutout:

Any thoughts? Hoaxed clips, "glitches" or something more sinister at foot?

There is a certain vibe of "Next level mind control test" over it, but I'm not sure what to make of it.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Video fixed.

edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Tidying up a bit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter
Remember how a few years back (2011?), multiple people had what appeared to be breakdowns on TV? Mid-sentence, they started to talk nothing but gibberish.

What? I don't remember. You sparked my interest. I only remember Britney Spears and Tom Cruise being strange. That clip was almost... almost scary.

I will wait and see if someone else comes up with an explanation that i can swallow to set my mind at ease.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Woah. I thought we were gonna see some stage fright or something. He's literally motionless. That's pretty freaky.
edit on 26 12 2018 by SlowNail because: Thread reply

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Jump from the start of the clip to end of the clip. His expression changes slightly. If it's a cut out, they used multiple cutouts between cuts.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The left side of his face is sagging slightly at the start. Perhaps a stroke that the crew tried to address during the cutaway.

That's all I've got. But wow, that's really got me wondering.

This was in May. How's his health been since?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
The left side of his face is sagging slightly at the start. Perhaps a stroke that the crew tried to address during the cutaway.

That's all I've got. But wow, that's really got me wondering.

This was in May. How's his health been since?

I haven't found anything about Shaq and any health problems. I've tried to find any complete episode of this TV show, but I've not been able to figure out which date this is or anything.

Here's Al Roker going "freeze frame" after the words "Holy Ghost" are spoken:

It's almost as if they were trigger words. Fascinating.

Again - All this may very well be manufactured or otherwise very mundane, but I find it very intriguing.

EDIT: I notice this was from 2012, so it's not something that happened in 2018.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: 2012, not 2018, this one.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Jump from the start of the clip to end of the clip. His expression changes slightly. If it's a cut out, they used multiple cutouts between cuts.

Ok i see. But what would be the motive behind this? Who would benefit from this?

Another poster pointed out that it is a bit older clip but it is still interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is, really strange. I'm wondering what these freeze fix people have in common other than they're all owned by a Network? mkultra?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

Digging a bit deeper than I did during breakfast, I realize that the cases are fewer and more scattered than I first thought - but nonetheless interesting.

There are a few examples chucked in with various celebrities behaving weirdly on screen, in compilation clips on Youtube.

It may turn out these are isolated cases of weirdness, along the lines of Katy Perry collapsing on stage after uttering "Master, I don't feel so well" (at least that is the most interesting interpretation of what she said).

For now, there may be no reason to fear a "pandemic" of these things.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Ok i see. But what would be the motive behind this? Who would benefit from this?

Another poster pointed out that it is a bit older clip but it is still interesting.

One reason I see for anyone willingly causing this, would be as a sort of test. "Does it work?", "We got good results dialed up to 75".

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This clip seems to indicate that it took a full minute before Shaq "thawed" as if nothing had happened:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Is there any possibility that Shaq was just trying respond in a funny way to Charles' karaoke skills?
Maybe he saw the clip shortly before it aired and he was trying to look shocked?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Shaq has an oddball sense of humor, I'd bet you someone dared him to do that and he did it just for laughs.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I would think more along the lines or some kind of medication. But that is totally freaky watching that clip.I found it really funny but then I felt guilty laughing at it just in case he's has some kind of medical problem . I can imagine this being used in GIFs now on Facebook to express various states of perplexsion or surprise.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37
I would think more along the lines or some kind of medication. But that is totally freaky watching that clip.I found it really funny but then I felt guilty laughing at it just in case he's has some kind of medical problem . I can imagine this being used in GIFs now on Facebook to express various states of perplexsion or surprise.

It's very interesting - somewhere on the spectrum between nothingburger and dun-dun-DUUUUN.

Anyway - this is the closest I've found to an original clip - seems like he was not moving at all for something like a minute and fourtifive seconds.

edit on 26-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anderson Cooper addresses the Al Roker incident here - logical explanation or damage control?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“I don’t know,” Roker said. “It happens all the time. It was a brain freeze!” He added that his director “egged him on” so he tried to see how long he could hold the pose.
“Well we are in a wax museum —whole other deal,” Roker said.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Shaq and Charles barkley have a little bit of a fued so he probably did it to not give Charles any attention and to get laughs.
edit on 12/26/2018 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Ive seen Shaq trying to be funny, this wasnt it.

Its the vibe on the set that makes this so weird. Seen this clip before. If Shaq was trying to be funny they wouldny have tried to cut away and only have the 3 others in frame. You can kinda see Barkley glancing over at Shaq, and he' not amused at all, more like a little shock after seeing Shaq still in the same way.

And if this was a jok Shaq would've imo burst out laughing in the end after staying motionless for all that time.

Wierd AF.

S+F.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

If you watch the video in this post www.abovetopsecret.com... you can see he unfreezes when one of the other panelists is laughing and begins laughing himself.

Classic Shaq humor, imo.

Either way, it's hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join