It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women invading the MGTOW movement online

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Assemble
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Why though, do you think it is lame?

Isn't it obvious yet?

Dudebro has the cognizance of a 14 year old and needs to put others down to feel like a badass. Refer to the numerous posts and threads he makes where he continually lords it over ATS how awesome his lifestyle and 'tribe' is.

The guy is textbook overcompensation for insecurity.

Gotta wonder about his ladies though from the way he's treated two of us tonight.
Lol, I've debated and argued with you, do you think you need special treatment because you are 'ladies'?
Your mate Nyiah is a nasty piece of work to start with, see her first post to me typically aggressive, I can't stand her attitude, totally unfriendly all the time, I see her having a go at other members all the time.
Nasty piece of work I could never be friends with and I'm glad I don't know her in real life.

You on the other hand are quite more reasoned and less aggressive in your tone so I actually enjoy reading your posts usually, except for what I posted above making out I treat women badly. That was a sly dig.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
...and why the hell did the thread become focused on me by so many members?
Is it that hard to believe that I have lots of female friends? I think MGTOW is lame as #, and equally as lame if it was a female organisation 'going their own way' avoiding males.
This gender divide is ridiculous, and I grieve for the societies which have this as a thing.
Women and men get on quite well in my real world, maybe the US has issues I just can't perceive in my society...I'm #ing glad it isn't a thing in my real life.
Your world sounds crap if men and women have so many divisive issues.

Dae

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This thread is interesting!

To the original poster and his point that women are now making youtube vids about MGTOW and their popularity. The OP said these women are invading this search term and in some cases getting more hits than the male vids.

Now to my not so humble opinion. I've seen this behavior before and I chalked it down to a biology thing in women to "like what men like" and the desire to agree with men - especially when they are being hostile and plain rude about women. There are also extra kicks for going against the grain too.

I wonder if the op has noticed the females in his thread supporting the MGTOW movement?

I am reminded of my first few months on the internet back in Christmas 1999, how I found so many Yahoo groups filled with men hating women. It really shocked me! And I didn't find one group that was women hating men (I found a woman who hated ALL people haha). It was when I first came across the notion that some women agreed with these men! That was even more shocking. So I rationalised the biology thing to explain it. Oh also the self harm thing, sort of falls into that mentality.

And before anyone gets their undies in a twist, I am not talking about the women who post in this thread, I doubt even they would agree with the nasty stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

I hear this a lot, how 'women had a terrible time in the past' etc.

If all this is true, why are women less happy now, when they have so many more rights?

www.theguardian.com...

Since the 70s, women in the US and Europe have reported feeling less satisfied with their lives

Stevenson and Wolfers discovered that American women rated their overall life satisfaction higher than men in the 1970s. Thereafter, women’s happiness scores decreased while men’s scores stayed roughly stable. By the 1990s, women were less happy than men.

Here's the kicker - women are apparently unhappy about doing household chores,

.. performing household chores makes men statistically less likely to become depressed but contributes to depression in women

However, women in Greece are happier than women in Sweden, despite 81% of Greek women doing most of the housework, compared to only 35% of women in Sweden doing most of the housework.

So ... housework makes them depressed (apparently), yet the Greek women (which is more traditional that Sweden) are happier despite doing by far the majority of the housework.

I think that society is playing with women's minds. It must be a struggle to be torn between meeting 'advanced' societies expectations so as not to appear to others as a failure, yet fighting a nature which will make you happy.

But don't worry, guys are experiencing this too.

The problem might not even be specifically engineered (but that's debatable). The fact is though that people aren't keeping up with society.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dae
I wonder if the op has noticed the females in his thread supporting the MGTOW movement?
I know, pmsl, you couldn't make it up!
Angry women members giving me a hard time because I have loved and trusted female friends who I sometimes get intimate with.
MGTOW is lame as #

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Looks like cornishceltguy has gone quiet.

I wondered if his attacking of the Bible earlier in the thread had something to do with that it would frown on his lifestyle.

Then it had also occurred to me about what is says about the women he's defending, Ezekiel 16:31-34

Which to summarize, is saying, more or less, that at least the harlot gets paid for what she's doing, whereas the married woman (or in this case, the 'friends with benefits') is doing it for free! Or even worse, is paying the guys! Who do you think is bringing round the bottle of wine for cornish guy & 'miss' to drink before their 'romance'. Talk about that Old Testament being current!

Bleh, but it sounds like they're all as bad as each other.

I'm not really for prostitution, but at least it's a straightforward transaction, and at least the woman has enough sense to actually get paid for what she's doing.

Lmfao, bringing Bible quotes into the conversation now!

Okay mate, whatever you wanna believe...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm a Christian, but since you decided to quote me, I did want to tell you something

I got to be honest, you've got me. My question is, how should I, or how do you like to be interacted with? And what sort of things do you think about, if anything?

See from my perspective - and I don't want to derail this, your posts way through this thread have been, to me, weird attempts to poke fun at people, without any contribution of gravity to the thread, but, yeah, see here's the thing ..

From my perspective, from reading your postings, here's what you are: You are some guy who got some girl knocked up, so you've got a son. But you don't live with the woman you knocked up. She looks after your kid, and you get to see your kid sometimes. So what you do with your time, is you spend it with female 'friends' who you 'love' and also 'love' - in both senses of the word. From knowing the cassanova types in life, they are typically loner types, chasing after women, but not really getting on with guys. Of course, let's add in as well what you said - you go to the pub and 'chill with people with a pint' - presumably more girls.

See this is the thing, to me you are some guy who knocked up some girl, you've got a son who won't have a proper upbringing because he's being raised as more or less with a single parent. Daddy is some guy who turns up every so often, and has all these women friends who he sleeps with - why isn't he with mommy?

Now, i'm not trying to give you a hard time, but, seeing as this is what you're talking about consistently through this thread, can you help me out here please. What's the deal with you? Are you just really young mentally, and still trying to grow up? I'm genuinely interested in what's going on.

I'd find this interesting.

But if you start your weird insult stuff, i'll just stop talking. I don't mean that offensively, I just don't have the energy lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble
Lol you couldn't be more wrong.
I was married to my son's mother when he was born. We divorced when he was 2, filled the forms out ourselves, no lawyers, then raised him half the week each as a team. We went to every parents evening at school together, watched him train rugby together, Christmas and birthday presents were always from 'us' so there was no conflict.
She is my most trusted and loved friend, I had Christmas dinner at her house.
Your speculation about me is way off target.
EDIT
My son is 21, a plumber earning more money than me, lives in his own cottage next door to me with his beautiful girlfriend, plays senior team rugby for our town , and is a kind gentle giant who could whip my ass.
Sheesh, the focus on me in this thread is funny as #, are you guys bored or something?
edit on 27-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No i'm not wrong, what I described is pretty much what you described. OK have it your way then, I don't really have much to talk with you about - all the best!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What a lame response to me. I answered truthfully, and my story is vastly different to the one you tried to paint me.
You are a #ing troll is all...I do not wish you all the best.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OK I got it, you love everyone in real life - especially all your women friends, but even more especially your ex who divorced you, but you hate just about everyone on this thread. Way to go sailor!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

OK I got it, you love everyone in real life - especially all your women friends, but even more especially your ex who divorced you, but you hate just about everyone on this thread. Way to go sailor!
Gosh are you on drugs?! I had to divorce my wife because neither of us wanted to but only one person could be the petitioner in English law, we played best of three poker and I lost so had to divorce her.
Stop being a dick mate, chill out.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Honestly mate, I think a lot of it is probably derived from your extensive participation in MGTOW threads. Some might see it as a little bizarre..

As for women getting involved in the "movement," I don't see it as that big of a deal. In fact, it may lend some legitimacy that wouldn't be there otherwise.

I struggle to see why its a bad thing. There are definitely some pertinent points that are brought to light by MGTOW, so I hope attention doesn't become divided and issues minimized by fighting for a "No Girls Allowed!" clubhouse.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I hear this a lot, how 'women had a terrible time in the past' etc.

If all this is true, why are women less happy now, when they have so many more rights?

well seeing as women died from child birth, forced as slave labour into Magdalene laundries, stoned for being raped, sold form father to husband ect.
they had to fight for the vote,fight for equal rights (which by the way in some countries they still do not have equal right).
just going off English law,
* a man could beat his wife as long as the stick was no bigger than his thumb www.historyofwomen.org...
*he could rape his wife as it was his right as a husband marital rape
*when they marry he owned everything she had, he could take her children, lock her up in an asylum if she 'got in the way'' lady harriet mordaunt
* coulnt have their own bank account, mortgage or wages on their own with out a father or husbands permission.
* pain relief and contraception was illegal until the last century
*couldnt ride a bike or post a letter as it was seen as scandalous

i dont know why some women are miserable now, but id say women would be a hell of a lot ore miserable if the above was implemented again.
but one of the issues i believe is this fairy tale rose tinted none sense of the ''good old days'' that never existed, the idea of a house wife is a modern conception, just look at art from periods like the medieval times, women worked the fields, women worked the farms, the factories from the beginning of the industrial revolution to modern day, even in the mines sorting coal, the idea of the middle class house wife dutifully cleaning and cooking or hubby is rare at best and a 1950s fantasy. until recently the whole family worked including children, thats why we have the summer holidays so chidren could finish school and go help the family back in the day.

also women are expected to work like they dont have children and raise children like they dont work, they are expected to do all but everything while mens roles have changed very little, men are seen as baby sitting their own children where as women are guilt tripped for doing the same or more than men

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

extensive participation in MGTOW threads.
What the deuce lol??? I think MGTOW is lame as # as a movement, I love the women in my life, even if some prick members cast doubts that I have loved and trusted women in my life.
Maybe because women don't like them lol

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'd prefer unbiased sources, not websites called, 'historyofwomen', but I think that's part of the point - I don't know what rules were in place at the time, but not many women were sent to asylums for not doing enough housework. People are people and they loved their partners. Just like any team, people muck in. That's a constant in any healthy partnership. Stuff like that seems to be forgotten over sensationalism.

However, women were happier in decades gone past than they are now, and that is unbiased statistics. To which you yourself admittedly, don't know why.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I don't know what all that means, but if you love your ex-wife like you keep saying in this thread, but some 'law stopped you being together', what, is this a mills and boons story?

She dumped you, you sleep with other people, true love and stuff, no probs.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Serdgiam

What the deuce lol???

If you dont know what im talking about, maybe some introspection is in order? We arent always aware of everything we do, or how strange it might come off to others.

I think MGTOW is lame as # as a movement

We know man, we know...

I'm just saying, the more lame I find something, the less time I spend even thinking about it. Much less actively participating in the subject in some way or another.

I think that in modern times, where the most extreme examples tend to get the most airtime, we are far too quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Its also disturbingly easy to shape our entire perception of a subject based entirely on those extreme examples, especially when we don't have any (or very limited) personal experience with the individuals or society that contains them.

In other words, you are significantly more likely to label anything and everything about the subject as "lame as #" even if you would normally agree with a specific item in other circumstances. Therein lies nearly every problem with relations between social groups in the modern world.

In this case, I think that being opposed to females getting involved is probably detrimental to what they are trying to accomplish and probably sourced in the same thought process outlined above. Actually, it seems to me that getting women involved would be necessary and critical in making a lot of those changes happen.

I don't really have any investment into it though, so maybe I am missing something.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Serdgiam because: Bumblebees of doom

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh ffs I love many people in many different ways.
Can you not understand such a concept?
#ing drone.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't know, but apparently your love life should be the main focus of this thread.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join