It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women invading the MGTOW movement online

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Assemble
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Why though, do you think it is lame?

Isn't it obvious yet?

Dudebro has the cognizance of a 14 year old and needs to put others down to feel like a badass. Refer to the numerous posts and threads he makes where he continually lords it over ATS how awesome his lifestyle and 'tribe' is.

The guy is textbook overcompensation for insecurity.

Gotta wonder about his ladies though from the way he's treated two of us tonight.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Showed it to my wife.

More than once and in multiple variations, I'm sure.

She hit me.

And I'm equally sure you deserved it each and every time.

edit on 26-12-2018 by imwilliam because: Nunya

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Isn't it obvious yet?

Dudebro has the cognizance of a 14 year old and needs to put others down to feel like a badass. Refer to the numerous posts and threads he makes where he continually lords it over ATS how awesome his lifestyle and 'tribe' is.

Gotta wonder about his ladies though from the way he's treated two of us tonight.

Ket... i really find my being in service to the opposite sex.

These people aren't genious outside spreading their dna....

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Looks like cornishceltguy has gone quiet.

I wondered if his attacking of the Bible earlier in the thread had something to do with that it would frown on his lifestyle.

Then it had also occurred to me about what is says about the women he's defending, Ezekiel 16:31-34

Which to summarize, is saying, more or less, that at least the harlot gets paid for what she's doing, whereas the married woman (or in this case, the 'friends with benefits') is doing it for free! Or even worse, is paying the guys! Who do you think is bringing round the bottle of wine for cornish guy & 'miss' to drink before their 'romance'. Talk about that Old Testament being current!

Bleh, but it sounds like they're all as bad as each other.

I'm not really for prostitution, but at least it's a straightforward transaction, and at least the woman has enough sense to actually get paid for what she's doing.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam
I think the bitterness really isn't there. It is the bitterness that the media portrays it as, in an attempt to wrangle these people back into line. At it's foundation MGTOW is supposedly based upon sexism against men, that gets overlooked and laughed away. As you can see easily from several posters in this thread that have never had any problems of the sort.

If you want to get down to brass tacks, MGTOW is really due to the collapse of social contracts made in the past as the foundations of civilization. Say what you will, however the reason civilization is attainable is due to having a higher portion of society productive beyond the break even point. Due to this civilization will not prosper unless you get the not quite desirable to have a reason to produce or interact with society. Previously they had no reason to work for more than break even, because there was nothing to gain for it, they would no reproduce or find a mate. However for civilization to thrive there must be surplus, and this was created by way of social contracts, getting the numerous not quite desirables motivated by the idea of being able to reproduce or have a mate, and it would be enforceable by way of social criticism or even law in some cases preventing a pure anarchy from reigning supreme.

So then comes the women's liberation movement.
Women (in general) now able to vote, having rights etc, see the grass as greener on the other side, and want to have the choices for themselves. There is nothing inherently wrong with this. However it upsets the power balance of society, as their views and vote now outshines nearly completely the less desirable men's. Women start entering the workforce en-mass, diminishing the monetary value of labor by nearly half.

So now you have a lot of less than desirable men who used to have a social contract with society that if they went along with being a cog in the machine plodding away, they could at least have a chance of fulfilling their prime directive (have kids, a family) because they could make money through work and being profitable and going along with the rules of society in general. Now they don't have a half decent job, they are paid less because labor is abundant, and they no longer have a social contract with society as it has been torn up in front of them because they can no longer provide for the possibility of a wife and kids. They see this, so why make an excess any longer? Just make what you need for yourself, and that is it. Without this excess, guess that fails soon afterwards?

civilization.

So yes, I am not a MGTOW person, I have never had problems with relationships, however talking poorly of them and rubbing their faces in their failures or short comings is not advisable, they are quite literally the reason why modern civilization exists. If they are bitter it is because they know they fed into a crumbling system that no longer exists and will never get returns from it.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Isn't it obvious yet?

I took a lot of flack even though I made no comment on the movement or on relationships at all.

Don't let that stop the name calling though huh?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

Oh, he's right that I am religious, but if he thinks my arguments in this thread had anything to with my religious feelings on anything related to this topic, he's sadly mistaken. If I was going to take that route, I would have gone there from the start. I think he thought if he mocked me, I'd get drawn into a battle of insults with him like he had Nyiah drawn into and thus wouldn't actually have to address any topics he didn't want to. You know, a sort of Kafka Trial instead of a real discussion.

This is an actual issue for women as well as men. MGTOW is just the masculine manifestation of how badly things have become misaligned in relationships between the sexes. The harder it is for men and women for meet and form stable, healthy two-parent families, the sicker and worse adjusted society becomes. This benefits those who would rule over us because we have generations growing up who are less and less able to govern themselves as whole and well-adjusted adults.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Hello Dubiousatworst,

I had to look up the term MGTOW and the various color pills in order to have any idea what this thread was about, my way of saying I'm no expert on the subject.

But the MGTOW videos I've watched on YouTube since coming across this thread leave me with the impression that bitterness and anger plays a large part in these men's "participation" in the MGTOW movement. There has always been competition for the most "desirable" mate, to use your term, women have never found "whiny" men to be attractive, and at least over the course of my lifetime, some subset of men, self termed "nice guys" have whined about how women only like the the "bad guys" and ignored the "good" guys. The truth is, I can't blame women for not wanting to be around these guys, I really wouldn't want to sit down and have a beer with them either.

I'm not saying that men don't have legitimate gripes about the way society has gone, that perhaps the balance of power in some ways has tilted to far in favor of women, Father's rights come to mind. But I can tell you that the anger and bitterness that I'm hearing in these youtube videos are very off putting.

Something was said here about women who decide to stay home and raise their children, make a home, are looked down on by hard core feminists. I'm listening to one of these MGTOW spokespeople talk about "blue pill beta provider with no understanding of women . . . blah blah blah . . . ignorant . . . easily manipulated" not like the uber smart MGTOW guys who are wise to women. Huh? So now the MGTOW guys are down on a guy who decides to make a life with a woman and have children?

I've just watched a few more of these, someone named "sandman" on youtube and yeah I've just listened to about all of this I can handle. Truly ugly . . . "Captain Save a Ho", "Used up sluts that have been riding the cock carousel" and etc.

Again, women aren't perfect, probably considerably less perfect than my grandmother's generation, yeah men have some legitimate grievances about the balance of power, but there isn't anything admirable about this MGTOW movement or the men involved in it.

edit on 26-12-2018 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And you wonder how many of those men grew up in a single mother house? Having a father or strong father figure around to show you how a good man acts and reacts is missing in a lot of boys' lives. In broken neighborhoods, they form gangs and shoot each other when they get mad. It could be some of those videos are simply a different facet of the same problem.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And you wonder how many of those men grew up in a single mother house? Having a father or strong father figure around to show you how a good man acts and reacts is missing in a lot of boys' lives. In broken neighborhoods, they form gangs and shoot each other when they get mad. It could be some of those videos are simply a different facet of the same problem

Probably, these guys I'm watching don't strike me as having had the best of role models. I mean I hear what you and some of the others are saying about the potential perils of a woman putting off family and a husband till later in life, but these guys, at least the ones I'm listening to are staight up creepy.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There are certainly people who whine and complain or are generally bitter in a movement like that. It doesn't mean that all of them are that way however. What I have noticed is that a lot of these youtube personalities tend to go much further overboard in order to gain traction and attention. I have several friends irl that claim to have "gone their own way" in the parlance of MGTOW, and they tend to not be bitter about it but rather just resigned over the state of intersex relations. There have always been, as you said, groups of people that are left behind and never procreate. Historically speaking the number of them has been rather higher than we see in media's portrayal of society, and women have nearly always had the final say in the matter albeit not as publicized or openly viewable. In the last century or two with "women's liberation" and "fighting the patriarchy" they have rather ironically eroded their own say in a lot of inter personal matters, usually in relation to the social aspects of it. Through empowering themselves politically, they have lessened their leverage socially (and negated their own privileges) through wanting to insert themselves into formerly male dominated sectors.

I know it is no longer politically correct to state that men and women are different and are not equal in all things, however there is some truth to it. They are equal in that they in general (statistically not on an individual level) are better at some things than men are, as men are better at certain things than women are. The removal of this idea and forcing it to be portrayed as such is mostly where the bitterness presents itself.

I am not saying it is admirable by any means, I am saying it is a symptom of the times we live in, and the general expendable nature of men no longer being taken into consideration when relating to social contracts. The men who are part of MGTOW are almost exclusively the same men who would be expended in times of crisis for better or worse.

This video about rock paper scissors actually does a really good job of explaining the general dynamics of the situation.

edit on 26-12-2018 by dubiousatworst because: fixed youtube video link

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cry the same as brit folk for lol

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I have always felt that men got a raw deal when the pregnancy happens before marriage.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The elites are really getting what they had planned for. Division of the family is complete. Phase two...make sure that new families don’t get started. I despise feminists with every fiver of my being, but we’re kind of helping them here. It’s a real catch 22.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Assemble
My female friends are my confidants, and lovers on occasions after a bottle of wine.
My life would be empty without my female friends, put a shelf up for them or whatever, get cooked food, watch a chick flick, then intimacy.
I hook up with female friends for coffee or a pint in town often...some with sexual electricity, some purely platonic.
The girls in my life enrich my life experience.
MGTOW give me a #ing break, whiny blokes who don't know how to communicate with women is all.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Some attract money or women like rotten flesh attracts flies. Others don't.

These people with attraction are the ones that keep getting up on their soap box to proclaim proudly that money is not important, and/or that women will love you if you're just nice to them.

The interesting part is what "nice" really means. I think most men don't realize how much money or other resources they've spent just getting women to sleep with them. Somehow, sex has always had an exchange rate different from 1 - we men always have to pay some collateral to make women open their legs to us - a net flow of money in their direction. Basically a more "domesticated" form of prostitution.

For some men, that collateral is less than for others. Just as the value of $1000 is relative, the whole "being nice to women" is a lot cheaper if you appear to be a promising future father.

Women generally don't sleep with men they wouldn't have children with - for this category of men, you can be as nice as humanly possible, but it doesn't make any difference. At most, you'll get the honor of being a cheap janitor.

How many men haven't ended up as someone who believes he is the father of two, but in reality he's just playing the part of a baby sitter - for children that are the result of their "significant other" having hunted down some more suitable genes during a "girls' night out"?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

These people with attraction are the ones that keep getting up on their soap box to proclaim proudly that money is not important, and/or that women will love you if you're just nice to them.

This clip may change that opinion, its worth a watch and the male axis is done right at the end.

At the very least you should get a laugh out of it.

edit on 27-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This clip may change that opinion, its worth a watch and the male axis is done right at the end.

At the very least you should get a laugh out of it.

Interesting clip, that is pretty much spot on.

While my broad generalizations may be considered Newton's law of universal gravitation, the Hot Crazy Matrix could be regarded as Einstein's theory of general relativity.

EDIT: My point about the soap box is along the lines of "It's easy to claim money's not important when you have a metric truckload of the stuff".
edit on 27-12-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Addendum.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yeah I think its pretty accurate too and the unicorn part is hilarious.

i did take your comment the wrong way about the soap box, doh!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
what gets me with MGTOW is they have to keep saying they are MGTOW, they are constantly telling people, its an attention thing, that in their minds if they keep saying til women will go'' oh no dont leave we need your verile sperm''.
plenty of men and women dont want relationships be it asexual or just not into relationships but they dont go on about it they just get on with their lives as people who dont need company or relationships.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: EternalSolace

I have always felt that men got a raw deal when the pregnancy happens before marriage.

id say historically and socially women had a severe raw deal when it came to premarital pregnancy.
look up magdalene laundries for one, with the last one closing in 1996, or being stoned to death, or shipped to an asylum. it never been very fun and games for women though out history, especially if they werent a virgin for marriage

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join