It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women invading the MGTOW movement online

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I made a comment when you snarked about a thing you don't seem to understand. Things seem to be different in the UK than they are in the US.

On college campuses up until very (within the past couple months) recently, the Title IX rules directives were that if a woman made a sexual harassment or assault allegation, the rules of proper legal procedure were more or less suspended. There was no climate of innocent until proven guilty there. What we saw with the Brett Kavanaugh circus was the norm on those campuses. All that mattered was mostly her truth. Those accused had no rights to know what the accusations were, to face their accusers or anything else like they would in a proper court of law. There were at least two known cases of suicide attributed to young men who had been accused in such fashion, whose lives and reputations had been summarily destroyed and how had been pretty much dismissed with a black mark from their respective schools.

This is what was tried to with Kavanaugh on the national stage in full view of the public, on national TV.

This is why some men feel it safer to not get involved with women at all. I was commenting on why women do this. The signals young women get are culturally confusing, and yes, some are simply malicious, but I don't think most feel this way.

You barged in with your personal lifestyle as though you know everything. I'm glad this is working for you, but in the current US climate, you are taking your life into your own hands with such a thing ... but, YOU DON'T LIVE HERE. Not now, not in this climate. It's not the same where you are at, and you are trying to tell us we don't know what we're talking about while we're living in the middle of it.

And you're denigrating men who have decided it's politically and legally safer to keep clear.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good luck trying to reason with him, he's not been interested in it so far ....

Edit: I've seen this sort of stuff before, it's called gaslighting, abuse, stuff like that. He's not had any reasonable conversation throughout the thread, instead he's been passively aggressively hostile, then after all that, tries to make it out it's everyone else's fault.

Regardless of who's fault it is - if anyone's, adults move on, it's not happening here.

Anyway, each to their own, I don't know you lol, and hey maybe I am wrong, each to their own, but, if you continue, good luck!
edit on 28-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assemble
a reply to: kerrichin

I'd prefer unbiased sources, not websites called, 'historyofwomen', but I think that's part of the point - I don't know what rules were in place at the time, but not many women were sent to asylums for not doing enough housework. People are people and they loved their partners. Just like any team, people muck in. That's a constant in any healthy partnership. Stuff like that seems to be forgotten over sensationalism.

However, women were happier in decades gone past than they are now, and that is unbiased statistics. To which you yourself admittedly, don't know why.

i wouldnt say they were happy, their are no statistics for if women were happy so nothing to compare to, seeing as women were not even seen as human beings until they fought for their rights there are very few records of happy women.
i like how you only comment on one source not the others or the facts i stated about women working but i suppose it doesnt fit your fantasy of the happy slave/house wife.
if women were so happy with their lot why did they fight for centuries for freedoms, below is a list of books written about womens fights for freedom by century, by those few who were allowed to learn to read and write
very few women were happy being housewives/baby makers/ slaves but they were killed for fighting back even in this century.
how many women faked being men so they could fight in wars, as they were banned from fighting by MEN.
how many were burned alive because they didnt do as they were told.
some women might be happy being subservient to men but i guarantee its very few and most are brainwashed to think that way.

its just some mens egos are so fragile they cant take the idea they arent special, some how magical beings just because the genitalia thats swings between there legs and better than the same sex that birthed the entire human race

15th century
The Book of the City of Ladies, Christine de Pisan (ca. 1405)
Le tresor de la cité des dames, meaning The Treasure of the City of Ladies, Christine de Pisan (ca. 1405)[1]
The Tale of Joan of Arc, Christine de Pisan (1429)[2]
The Wife of Bath's Tale - Chaucer
16th century
The Superior Excellence of Women Over Men, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa (1529)
The Defense of Good Women, Thomas Elyot (1545)
Le Promenoir de M. de Montaigne qui traite de l’amour dans l’œuvre de Plutarque, Marie le Jars de Gournay (1584)[3]
Her Protection for Women, Jane Anger (1589)[4]
17th century
"Poem 92, called Philosophical Satire", Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz (1600s)[5]
A Muzzle for Melastomus, the Cynical Baiter of, and Foul-mouthed Barker Against Eve's Sex. Or An Apologetical Answer to that Irreligious and Illiterate Pamphlet Made by Jo. Sw. And By Him Entitled, "The Arraignment of Women", Rachel Speght (1617)
Ester Hath Hang'd Haman: An Answer To a Lewd Pamphlet, Entitled "The Arraignment of Women," With the Arraignment of Lewd, Idle Forward, and Unconstant Men, and Husbands, Ester Sowernam (1617)
Swetnam the Woman-Hater, Anonymous (1620)
Égalité des hommes et des femmes, Marie Le Jars de Gournay (1622)[6], translated into English as The Equality of Men and Women
Grief des dames, Marie Le Jars de Gournay (1626)[7], translated into English as The Ladies' Grievance
Women's Speaking Justified, Proved, and Allowed of by the Scriptures, All such as speak by the Spirit and Power of the Lord Jesus. And how Women were the first that Preached the Tidings of the Resurrection of Jesus, and were sent by Christ's own Command, before he Ascended to the Father, John 20. 17., Margaret Fell (1667)[8]
An Essay to Revive the Antient [sic] Education of Gentlewomen in Religion, Manners, Arts & Tongues, with An Answer to the Objections Against this Way of Education., Bathsua Makin (1673)
De l'égalité des deux sexes, François Poullain de la Barre (1673)[9]
De l’Éducation des dames pour la conduite de l’esprit dans les sciences et dans les mœurs, entretiens, François Poullain de la Barre (1674)[10]
La Princesse de Clèves, Madame de Lafayette (1678)
Female Advocate or, an Answer to a Late Satyr Against the Pride, Lust and Inconstancy, &c. of Woman. Written by a Lady in Vindication of her Sex, Sarah Fyge Egerton (1686)[11]
A Serious Proposal to the Ladies, for the Advancement of Their True and Greatest Interest, Mary Astell (1694)
An Essay in Defence of the Female Sex. In Which Are Inserted the Characters of a Pedant, a Squire, a Beau, a Vertuoso, a Poetaster, a City-Critick, &c. In a Letter to a Lady. Written by a Lady, Judith Drake (1697)[12]
A Serious Proposal, Part II, Mary Astell (1697)
The Adventure of the Black Lady, Aphra Behn (1697)[13]
18th century
Some Reflections Upon Marriage, Occasioned by the Duke and Dutchess of Mazarine's Case; Which is Also Considered., Mary Astell (1700)
The Ladies' Defence, Or, a Dialogue Between Sir John Brute, Sir William Loveall, Melissa, and a Parson, Lady Mary Chudleigh (1701)
The Education of Women, Daniel Defoe (1719)[14]
The Emulation, Sarah Fyge (1719)
The Woman's Labour, Mary Collier (1739)[15]
An Essay on Woman in Three Epistles, Mary Leapor (1763)
Letters on Women's Rights, Abigail and John Adams (1776)[16]
Desultory Thoughts upon the Utility of Encouraging a Degree of Self-Complacency, Especially in Female Bosoms, Judith Sargent Murray (1784)[17]
Philosophie eines Weibs: Von einer Beobachterin, Marianne Ehrmann (1784)
Mary: A Fiction, Mary Wollstonecraft (1788)[18]
Petition of Women of the Third Estate to the King (1789)[19]
"Women's Petition to the [French] National Assembly" (1789)[20]
On the Admission of Women to the Rights of Citizenship, Marquis de Condorcet (1790)[21]
"On the Equality of the Sexes", Judith Sargent Murray, from The Massachusetts Magazine, or, Monthly Museum Concerning the Literature, History, Politics, Arts, Manners, Amusements of the Age, Vol. II (1790)[22]
A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, Mary Wollstonecraft (1791)[23]
Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen, Olympe de Gouges (1791)[24]
The Rights of Women [including the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen], Olympe de Gouges (1791)[25]
Maria: or, The Wrongs of Woman, Mary Wollstonecraft (1798)[26]

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

Eh, I guess I just cannot understand how someone can be so insecure about their own lifestyle that they think a thread not at all about their personal lifestyle someone is or is an invitation to bash people who don't live exactly like they do.

It's one thing to express an opinion on why an different way of being may or may not be right or wrong - MGTOW is not the way the species is intended to be. We're supposed to partner up and carry on the species by forming strong bonds and families. Overall, I think it's a sad state of existence, and a sad commentary on society that such a thing is becoming a thing at all. It's not an indication of a healthy society.

But I understand why the impulse exists, and it has nothing to do with most of these men being whiny crybabies. There are other, deeper problems that are more all-encompassing than that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And your post is an example of why they go their own way.

You probably need a man like a fish needs a bicycle. Fine for you, but someday you may turn around and realize that you're lonely. And by then, your options may not be so good.

I know you've been told that the life of a housewife and motherhood are demeaning and horrible and a waste, but they aren't. Some of us do enjoy them, and we also discovered that marriage with a man is actually not slavery or lack of personhood at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You'd be surprised at how many people are paranoid Insecure 'ards' who freak out about stupid sh@t, and for the most part because they're narcissitic controlling #s.

Sad but true, mayvbe next year they'll learn how to integrate with others so I wont have to plant coal in their stinking stockings.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is no understanding of it, it's part of the problem. As adults, we expect people to behave with rationale explanations, and expect people to wish to reciprocate the need for rational explanations of actions and behaviors.

As I say, I could of course be wrong, but I know a little bit about this from a psychology POV. Not because i've studied psychology, but I have had a friend who was in a relationship with her partner. He didn't work, she supported them and is quite the career girl. Anyway he became very abusive, left her after stealing a bunch of her money ($ thousands) by actively hacking her accounts, and left rather abruptly, after physical and emotional abuse. She spent quite a bit of time looking into psychology and became quite an expert in this sort of thing. We used to speak about this topic for quite a while on many occasions.

So i'm just seeing similar patters in terms of what I seen with her research.

So yeah, it is kinda relevant to the thread. Many people are messed up, even guys are - because guys can have the situation of conforming to society expectations by having the woman support him, but then his male instincts are also there to want to contribute, so it creates all sorts of situations with people's heads, even worse if they have underlying issues already.

So I think that MGTOW is really just a way to express a reaction against an ill of society. I think I mentioned before, that society is changing, but people can no longer keep up with society. Basic human instincts/needs/desires can't be overwritten as quickly as a society can change. Which is why so many people in 'modern' technological society are miserable and on meds, and why some people theorize that people will have to be genetically engineered in order to keep up with what society is and keeps changing into.

MGTOW is just a search for answers, and it has many valid points.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

It is my job to make the best of my life with the cards I’ve been dealt. The same thing applies to you guys, as well.

Quite your whining. You are responsible for your own happiness.

Not your wife. Not your ex. Not the gal who won’t give you the time of day.

Stop blaming others for your self-imposed lot in life.

It all starts with you.

Too good to not repeat.

In my view MGTOW is just a hairsbreadth away from the Incel guys who shoot up colleges and run down crowds because they were raised by their parents to believe they are 'so' special that they do not need manners to be accepted by the majority of society...They are not and they do.
It is not just women who avoid them, most decent men do too but for some reason they target women as the root of all their problems... They are not.
If you are brave enough to look up and read the incel forums you will be horrified at how these troglidytes assume that they are owed by the fact that they breath the Runway model build, teenage, virgin, PHDs with a career, while they themselves are pasty, ill shaped, ill kempt, high school graduates, maybe college with no focus on how to use it, who worship Elliot Rogers and his like.

Women have an internal creep radar for a reason. those that don't wind up in a bad place or dead and calling us man haters for using it is just wrong.

edit on 28-12-2018 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin

originally posted by: Assemble

I'd prefer unbiased sources, not websites called, 'historyofwomen', but I think that's part of the point - I don't know what rules were in place at the time, but not many women were sent to asylums for not doing enough housework. People are people and they loved their partners. Just like any team, people muck in. That's a constant in any healthy partnership. Stuff like that seems to be forgotten over sensationalism.

However, women were happier in decades gone past than they are now, and that is unbiased statistics. To which you yourself admittedly, don't know why.

i wouldnt say they were happy, their are no statistics for if women were happy so nothing to compare to, seeing as women were not even seen as human beings until they fought for their rights there are very few records of happy women.
Women were happier, at least in the 70s than they are now. I provided the stats by linking to an unbiased source.

I remember reading something, how people in the UK during the WW2 blitz were happier based on many scales than now. Have you noticed how when a disaster strikes, even just heavy snow, how people pull together, there's a sense of community?

Community, family, a sense of belonging. These are things which make people happy. Trying to ignore what makes us happy as people, to replace it with an ideology that for instance, people of the opposite sex are disposable, relationships aren't needed, creates unhappiness. This is even worse for women who on the whole care more about people (whereas guys care more about things).

(post by AScrubWhoDied removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

I was 19 and dating a really cute 17 year old. When I met that 40 year old women.

I'm attractive and have been with women younger and older than me many times.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Those older women can be really aggressive can't they... (similar experiences in my younger years)

sorry that is a bit off topic.

The problem with many posts ITT talking about how horrible women had it in the past, and that information has been publicized to high heaven due to current western indoctrination sources. Things were equally horrible for men in those time periods, but let us not pretend that all of those cases are outliers for both men and women. Sure they are gruesome and "inhumane" by modern standards, but they were also rare by anyone's standards then as well, just like they all continue to happen in some corners of the the world today and are rare today.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Those older women can be really aggressive can't they... (similar experiences in my younger years)

I don't know what your implying but robin (the 40 year old I spoke of) was beautiful gentle and kind.

Things were equally horrible for men in those time periods

I disagree.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Women were happier, at least in the 70s than they are now

My mom and her sisters would strongly disagree.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Sure women suffered, but men suffered just as much. Also there are examples of "liberated" barbarians in which women had the same rights (or nearly the same rights) as men. For all of the outward political power men have had in history, women have had the inward political power. The reason why this goes unreported in most history lessons is that it is usually less flashy and is a bit too inside baseball for those of us who are not looking for the foundations of power. An example of such is Roman society. Sure the emperors and consuls were men, but women ran their affairs and created the power base from which prominent men could exert this power.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I don't know what this madness is either. I don't know why everything has to be a "thing". We had MGTOW before and they were called bachelors. We also had WGTOW and they were spinsters. It's nothing new. I think the only difference before was that people didn't openly and collectively blame others for their lot in life.

I don't know why people need a virtual army to support their personal decisions. You do you. Go your own way but don't blame others for your choice. Maybe you aren't as perfect as your ego leads you to believe.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Says the dude who uses the internet him/herself to discuss ideas and frustrations.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That's not how statistics work.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Lmao my ex wife didn't dump me, we came to a mutual agreement that we didn't work as husband and wife so focused on being friends and parents as a team instead.
I've told you this multiple times now stop being a lame MGTOW incel who can't hold an argument lol.

I had Christmas dinner at her house and was at a party with her last night, she is my most trusted and loved friend.

You just can't understand male/female communication or that other people can have fantastic relationships with their ex's.
You seem bitter, can't get laid?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: AssembleI've told you this multiple times now stop being a lame MGTOW incel who can't hold an argument lol. ....
Do you realize how contradictory you are? You insult someone (therefore present no argument) while telling them they can't hold an argument?

When you grow up a little bit - we'll talk - as I said to you earlier, we've got nothing to talk about - let's keep it civil.
edit on 29-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join