It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An 8-year-old migrant has died in U.S. custody on Christmas Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I would like to see as much media coverage reporting on the number of children rescued by CPS from human trafficking camps and hostage situations.

Just last Tuesday, I had a case where the mother of a five year old, was rescued from a human trafficking and hostage situation, where she was being drugged and sold out to multiple men numerous times a day. It has not been determined if the child was being marketed as well.

They only report the stories that support their agenda. The true horrors of illegal immigration is being hidden by the media. It troubles me that they continue to paint a picture that lies to the American public and the immigrants as well.

I admit, the true picture is disturbing, ugly, and disgusting, but if they are going to tell it, they should tell the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: seattlerat

It is obscene that children are in custody in the first place.

The political system under the Dems is just as much to blame as the system under the Reps. Their systematic and inhumane treatment of people indicates the true evil that underlies their actions.

Both sides pointing the finger of blame at each other does nothing. The unjust laws need to be overturned.

Ummm...what’s truly obscene is that these parents dragged their child thousands of miles on foot due to political posturing...in a funded campaign designed to embarrass and discredit a president...

What is unjust is that these people were used and abused by the organizers of these caravans...and by a certain political party and it’s cohorts and champions...not least of all the media...

Why might I ask hasn’t this certain political party and the caravan backers provided these duped people with transportation back to their countries of origin...or medical care for that matter...

The laws are just and right...come to this country through the approved and designed methods...not as an invading mob whose design is to provide just such fodder for the non caring media as we have in this story...

YouSir

Very nice, balanced post, YouSir. I find it interesting that the mother does not want to accept any responsibility for the ill health of her child. Common sense would tell you that forcing your child to go through those conditions would be very challenging for anyone's health and immune system, yet she wants to blame it on the government and whine about being a victim. Like she is owed something.
The child got sick and received the same treatment any kid would receive, antibiotics and a pain reliever. When she didn't respond she was hospitalized. To indicate that this child was perfectly healthy and one day in custody is what killed her is ridiculous. What would have happened to the kid, when she got sick if she wasn't in custody?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Says the guy who doesn't have to deal with our immigration issue. You see it on the internet. What's your interest in our border issues anyway?

Oh yeah, leftists.

I dont care about your head in the clouds BS.

We have a border, we intend to enforce our laws, and help where we can.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm certain that this is already pointed to, but this if from the OP's link, with emphasis added for clarity:

The boy began to show signs of illness Monday morning and was taken to Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in Alamogordo, N.M. He was tested for strep throat but prepared for release with a diagnosis of a common cold and given Tylenol.

But when caregivers noticed a fever of 103 degrees, he was held for more observation before being released with a prescription for an antibiotic and Ibuprofen.

The boy and his father were taken to a holding facility at the Highway 70 checkpoint, and the child was given the medications about 5 p.m. About 7 p.m., the boy vomited. His father declined further medical assistance, CBP said.

He became lethargic about 10 p.m. and was taken back to the hospital. On the way, he began to vomit again and lost consciousness. Doctors were unable to revive him at the hospital, and he was declared dead at 12 minutes to midnight.

As sad as this is for the boy and his family and friend, this child was apparently provided proper medical care once it was realized that he was ill, and at some point, even with vomiting occurring, the father is claimed to have denied further medical care--a refusal that was ignored when the child was once again taken to the hospital, when he either died on the way or while at the hospital.

The weak link in this scenario, it seems, was the father's apparent refusal of further medical treatment, but there may have been no weak link at all, and maybe this was just a tragedy that would have happened anywhere in the world to this child. We have no way of knowing that, but if people are claiming that CBP didn't do their due diligence with medical care, as it is described by WaPo, it would seem that you are mistaken.

As a father of two children, especially in a situation like that, I would do everything in my power to ensure that my child was kept healthy and under the best care while ill in a detention facility. I would not have refused further medical care. Like I said, this end result may have been inevitable from the start (the story says that the cause of death is currently unknown), but my child would have been in a hospital as quickly as possible.

I do not covet the guilt that this father may live with for the rest of this life.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It is obscene that people who don't understand the issue or its complexities find it appropriate to pretend that they have some sort of moral high ground from which virtue signaling should occur.

The unjust laws need to be overturned.

The injustice that has occurred here is by parents putting their children in these dangerous situations.

Unjust parenting needs to be overturned--the laws are just fine. The enforcement of said laws may be suspect, but the laws are perfectly reasonable for a nation that must deal with these issues on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

the child did die whilst under custody. thats all.

Actually an ICE agent identified the child looked sick and they took the kid to the hospital. It seems the hospital checked the kid out and released the child back to ICE with meds. Then the child got worst....seems weird that if the child took the meds the temperature would have gone down rather quickly, it will be interesting in knowing what the child died of as bad as this is the child came into the US already sick, and I start to wonder what the dad was doing or not doing with the meds.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So much hate in this thread...

...and attached to the usual suspects at that.
No room at the inn.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the story I heard was the child was found to show signs of illness (fever) and was taken to the hospital, which kept watch of the child for awhile, prescribed antibiotics and released.. then later in the day started vomiting, became unconscious and died... we could possibly looking at less than a day between the onset of signs of illness and death here from what just might be some kind of infectious disease. As far as the child's body being weakened because of dehydration/starvation, well, this is coming from a group of people who were accusing soros of funding these caravans, I am pretty sure if that was so, they made sure that they had plenty of water and food to keep them alive till they got to the border. If not, it seems that the kid was in Ice custody for quite a few days, his body should have been pretty much stabilized if he was given enough food and water while he was there.
so, does anyone know of a virus or bug that will progress so quickly as this seems to have? or could a group of these refugees have run into some bad water or food, or just crossed through a badly contaminated area on their way here? As far as we know there's been only two cases, but if more happen to pop up, I would hope the CDC shows up to help figure out what is going on.

the answer to that question just might make a few people grateful that these people were held to begin with.

edit on 26-12-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

don't forgat food and water could even have been the issue. not just bad food and water on their travels, which of course is very likely especially with water. Mexico is well known for it's bad water. i know in some countries with bad water, those who live in an area and drink it for awile are imune to it's negitive effects. but if they even travel to another area, the water in that area can have it's negitive effects, because they are not imune to that specific water. and the ffects can easily kill a person. even just a few drops is enough to cause serious problems.

but then there is the fact that even good food and water can also be an issue. if the kid was starving before they were caught, food it's self can be a danger. something i actually wonder if was the case with that first highly publicized and politicized death. you actually have to be very careful giving someone who is starving food and water, only giving small amounts. and if the child and father for instance did not tell the authorities they had been starving, that could be an issue. even food that is much richer than the kid is used to could also be a problem.

and even just the flu can kill. especially when it hits someone who is in a position of starvation, or when a person has been weakened, such as being pushed beyond their endurance. both of which would reduce the body's ability to fight it.

then there is even another possibility. that being that the child could have been allergic to the medications. something the hospital and doctors would have no clue of when they have no documentation or medical records.

the one thing we can be fairly sure of is that this death is not the fault of the agents, detainment, or laws involved.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

No room at the inn.

Care to point out where this "hate" is coming from? Or is this just another means to discredit someone disagreeing with you? Seems like considering who you're replying to.

"Enforce the law" = hate

Not falling for bull# propaganda = hate.

It's the favorite word of those who have no real arguments to make.
edit on 26 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
thing is though, none of the pictures I've seen of the migrants seem to show a starving mass, they all seem rather healthy to me. the allergy to the meds is the best possibility that you've given in my opinion.
many of these people speak one of what is many mayan dialects, not spanish, not english, heck another person speaking a different dialect might have a hard time understanding them. it's quite possible that there wasn't a way for the doctors to get an accurate assessment when it concerned allergies and such.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

The political system under the Dems is just as much to blame as the system under the Reps. Their systematic and inhumane treatment of people indicates the true evil that underlies their actions.

Both sides pointing the finger of blame at each other does nothing. The unjust laws need to be overturned.

So these kids crossing our borders should be what, put into foster care? Only take the adults into custody? Or did you just say that with no clue as to how it SHOULD be handled? Sorry if that question bothers you, but I get tired of hearing someone complain about how things are done but offer no ideas for how it should be done. So if you don't think they should be taken in with the parents, what should we do?

It is wrong to hold children in custody. Despite the difficulty about how you resolve it, Taking the moral low-ground and making excuses is also wrong.

If Americans love liberty, they seem to dispense it very selectively.

The percentage of incarcerated people and the total numbers of incarcerated people in the US is the highest in the world, bar none. America has a problem with liberty, it was founded on liberty as a hope but it has become the country with the least liberty in the world.

Yes, it's hard, but the solution isn't to place more and more people in custody, including children, and then to excuse it as if it weren't entirely against the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Here's an idea, how about you simply dissolve the border fortifications and do a deal with the Mex government to allow free travel but with a requirement that Mexico allow social, policing and legal integration with the US?

You could also apply special taxation for migrants (as Mexico could do as well) to ensure that any financial instability is compensated adequately.

America united previously to become the United States. Why not keep going until the natural borders, like the oceans, are the true borders and the current 'Americas' become America?

how about we set up a few retired cruise ships, load them up with all the folks who want a nicer place to live and ship them to where you live? Your country doesn't have any laws regarding immigration I would guess. Do you want them to just show up at the port, or are there some specific instructions they need to follow?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No room at the inn.
Canada has plenty of room, perhaps we could just fast track them to your border, oh wait, you do have a border and immigration laws, well, that's troubling.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we can always sneak them across indian lands

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Ummm... no.

We don't have a problem with liberty. We have a problem with a culture that accepts and encourages crime then complains about the consequences.

Taking people into custody is not against the entire Bill of Rights. The Constitution as a whole sets the precedent for taking people in to custody for committing crimes.

Dissolving the border and allowing Mexico free travel but with a requirement that Mexico allow social, policing and legal integration with the US. So your solution to illegal border crossing is to eliminate the border and let people cross at will? And worse yet, do it on a trust basis for policing and integration? Stop illegal border crossing by making Mexico a US state? Brilliant. Give the cartels travel credits and frequent flier miles too while your at it. Oh, and don't forget to say goodbye to the other half of your paycheck when the entire nation of Mexico, and half of Central America apply for welfare.

Special taxation for migrants? When we don't even know who they are, how old they are, where they came from, and here is the good part - where they go once they enter the US. Perfect.

Here is an idea. Why don't we just build a wall and stop illegal border crossing? If the children don't cross in to this country illegally we won't have to detain them while we try to figure out who they belong to and what to do with them.

How many people are currently camped at your southern border, seeking entrance? At what rate do those numbers increase every year?

By some estimates, there have already been 11 million migrants from Central America, within the US.

What happens when you build a wall and the numbers wishing to cross start to number in the millions of desperate people?

Do you think that Mexico will have the resources to support the crowds adequately? So it is likely that the crowds in camps at the border will become hungrier, more crowded and more desperate to cross.

Wouldn't they begin to organize and make plans? And whose side would the overstretched Central American governments take?

So, suddenly, you have an army of millions, backed by, at least, Mexico, with millions of sympathetic agents already within the US. They wont be the poor with bare feet throwing rocks. They will have armored divisions and weaponry like drones, rockets, bombs and specifically - wall demolition tools.

The Southern US cities would be targeted and would fall first, of course. Perhaps they will take the centers of money and power, Washington and New York, in an advance strike (If you capture the king and queen - checkmate)?

The invaders (for that is what they will become) are likely to fight guerilla style - remember they invented the term.

But will the US forces bomb, say, the city of Austin, because there are rebels in it? Nope. Their military strength will be curtailed and most of their armory useless against a distributed, obfuscated and embedded foe.

If the invaders also organize to defund the US forces, it doesn't matter how advanced or mighty they are, they will all go away because the US military is the most expensive in the world. No money input = rapidly decreasing defensive capability.

Say it isn't so.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
we could possibly looking at less than a day between the onset of signs of illness and death here from what just might be some kind of infectious disease. As far as the child's body being weakened because of dehydration/starvation, well, this is coming from a group of people who were accusing soros of funding these caravans,

The kid could have been sick for a week before being picked up...a week with no care might have put the youth over the edge even with the hospital visit. Seems the Hospital would not release the kid until the temperature went down, just makes sense...

As I said makes one wonder if the dad played into any of this...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What happens when you build a wall and the numbers wishing to cross start to number in the millions of desperate people?

Why would they come if there was a huge wall and no job? Your assumption is Mexico does nothing and then we do nothing...
We could do a lot...we could move into Mexico and create a buffer on their side of the border...what would they do go to war with us? A war would be great as it wouldn't take long to win then we could occupy and not only secure the borders on the other end, but wipe out the cartels with military might...Win Win...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No room at the inn.

Don't virtue signal too hard you might sprain something

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's a shame you aren't capable of critical thought anymore, but here you are, displaying zero thought.

What do you suppose this wall will do? Will it kill any and all who wish to cross it? Or, (this is the part you don't seem capable of realizing) will it make it harder for those who would cross ILLEGALLY, and hopefully direct them to the appropriate crossing stations, where they can be processed and if found acceptable, enter the country?

It's like when you subscribe to the CNN way of thinking, you relinquish all your grey matter. that is a pitty.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MikeA

So these kids crossing our borders should be what, put into foster care? Only take the adults into custody? Or did you just say that with no clue as to how it SHOULD be handled? Sorry if that question bothers you, but I get tired of hearing someone complain about how things are done but offer no ideas for how it should be done. So if you don't think they should be taken in with the parents, what should we do?

It is wrong to hold children in custody. Despite the difficulty about how you resolve it, Taking the moral low-ground and making excuses is also wrong.

If Americans love liberty, they seem to dispense it very selectively.

The percentage of incarcerated people and the total numbers of incarcerated people in the US is the highest in the world, bar none. America has a problem with liberty, it was founded on liberty as a hope but it has become the country with the least liberty in the world.

Yes, it's hard, but the solution isn't to place more and more people in custody, including children, and then to excuse it as if it weren't entirely against the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Here's an idea, how about you simply dissolve the border fortifications and do a deal with the Mex government to allow free travel but with a requirement that Mexico allow social, policing and legal integration with the US?

You could also apply special taxation for migrants (as Mexico could do as well) to ensure that any financial instability is compensated adequately.

America united previously to become the United States. Why not keep going until the natural borders, like the oceans, are the true borders and the current 'Americas' become America?

how about we set up a few retired cruise ships, load them up with all the folks who want a nicer place to live and ship them to where you live? Your country doesn't have any laws regarding immigration I would guess. Do you want them to just show up at the port, or are there some specific instructions they need to follow?

That's a wonderful idea. No doubt it would be taxing to our economy initially but we've had the big sporting events and large tourist influxes here and we can handle and accommodate crowds somewhat. All we'd need is a bit of ongoing humanitarian aid to bolster our small economy for a while.

But i did a little 'back of the envelope' calculation and it would probably cost (someone) in the vicinity of billions of dollars to transport (you'd need about 200 of the largest ships, each fully fueled several times, to move about a million people that far), food for the voyage and extra disembarkation/assimilation into our society, and accommodation for that many people while they are being allocated jobs and permanent housing.

It is far cheaper to just not build a wall. Then, all you have to do is take advantage of the business opportunity that millions of people represent. You could even probably make America great!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join