It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Changes to ATS Advertising and Philanthropy Efforts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

New Advertising Strategy on AboveTopSecret.com Websites

Some time ago, we attempted an experiment that encouraged companies to bid on ad inventory through eBay , which turned out somewhat disappointing. While I had several inquiries from interested parties, no one purchased the space.

However, we're not giving up on the idea of diverting advertising income to the worthy charity, www.proliteracy.org...

over the next few days, there will be some alterations to our available space for advertising, which includes a slight increase in the number of ads seen by logged-in members. Also, we're experimenting with a few new higher-end advertising networks that would hopefully improve the quality of our ads, and resulting income.

The goal is to regularly divert a portion of our advertising income to ProLiteracy every month. To kick things off, I've initiated a $150 donation from our January 2005 advertising income, and hope to increase our ad revenue so that we can donate at least $300 each month.

So as always, the quality of the posts by you (our members) continues to be the number one way to bring traffic to ATS, which results in income from banners. Now, your contributions can help with global literacy efforts on a monthly basis.

One of the first things you can do is help with one of our new ad networks, BURST! Media. In order to give us the best possible quality ads, they require at least 200 users respond to this demographic survey. I've reviewed their policies and can assure you, there are no privacy concerns.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
One of the first things you can do is help with one of our new ad networks, BURST! Media. In order to give us the best possible quality ads, they require at least 200 users respond to this demographic survey.

It took all of 30 seconds to complete the survey.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yep nice and simple and took very little time.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
No problem I am a survey addict after all, one more for a good cause is worth it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am afraid the link to the survey isn't working.

Maybe it is a just me.

Surf

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just completed the survey. Very quick and simple with no privacy issues.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This site has many members right? If people just gave 1 dollar a month then that would help. And for the over 50% of the people who can't or won't it still makes a big difference if just a few of us can give 1 dollar a month.

It's a good way to represent the community here at ATS to the outside world as well as help those who are not as priviliged as us.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yup. Done and done, before the U2U came
. Quick and easy. Hope it helps out ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The survey has now received the Pisky's answers

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
done. hope it all works out well. we appreciate your efforts S.O.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Whats the deal?
it keeps telling me that i have either already taken the survey, or have hit the back browser button, and have to re-enter the survey from the link...
which wont work, because it keeps telling me the same thing.

I am trying...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Done.
Wonder if individual members will be allowed to contribute separately from what is currently implemented, and if so, how?

seekerof

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Done -- quick and easy survey -- no problems here getting to the site or getting it to work. My lucky day I guess

jm

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did it........couldn't be easier...come on guys.....take the survey!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Got the thread, very simple!

Was boring as hell.-lol

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah it's only 10 or so questions answered by a click of a button, easy deal. :uP:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wont work for me it comes up with

Sorry! You cannot continue with this survey! Either you have just completed the survey and then tried backing up with your Browser's Back key, or else you used up the time allotted for completing the survey.
If you did time out, you can try the survey again by entering again from the original location

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
just completed the survey. Took less than a minute, and there were no privacy breaks! (I used Firefox to make sure and am now scanning for spyware ;D )

So take the survey.. and help ATS.. and proliteracy.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i completed the survey...

and i am glad to help...

you can close my thread about the ads if you want mods...

BTW who made the ads???

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
done.

Who made the ad. Can I use it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join