It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The astrological origins of Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's an agrarian religion based on the zodiac:

Contrary to the authors conclusion that this somehow invalidates Christianity I think it only strengthens it.

edit on 25-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I've seen most of this before so I've had a chance to reflect upon it.

Most of the facts presented appear to be true although there are some errors. Not all of these pagan christs bear such a close resemblance as this video would lead you to believe. For example, it says Mithra was born of a virgin. If you look that up, you will see he was born from a rock.

Irrespective of the details, I would say the conceptual parallels between Horus and Christianity demonstrates that the idea of Christ predates the Jewish religion and possibly also the Israelite religion of the Bible.

What the author gets wrong is that the idea of Christ is not the same as Jesus Christ. It was never claimed that he conceived of all these prophecies, but that he fulfilled them. He was not a myth but a real person that actually lived the life ascribed to these gods. There are numerous places in the NT which state he took some action in order to fulfill prophesy.

The fact he was a real person is demonstrated by the fact that more writings refer to him than anyone else in history. In fact, western civilization is actually built around him including our dates. Many other people in history are accepted as real with far less evidence. We still don't know if some people like Homer or even William Shakespeare actually existed.

"Contrary to the authors conclusion that this somehow invalidates Christianity I think it only strengthens it." I agree.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

For example, it says Mithra was born of a virgin. If you look that up, you will see he was born from a rock.

Was it black and shiny perhaps and still worshiped.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The only holy black stone I am aware of is in the Kaaba at Mecca. As far as I know, that has nothing to do with Mithra.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Christ created the dance of the stars in the heavens.
Who wants to debate that with me? Ill let you go to school; on my brain....

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Christ created the dance of the stars in the heavens.
Who wants to debate that with me? Ill let you go to school; on my brain....

Merry Christmas

How can anyone compete with someone who is delusional.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As above, so below. Many pagan religions, which focus on astronomy were integrated into Christianity to help with the transition from the pagan world into the new Christian world. Our modern day calendar years are based on the death of Christ. Many cultures had anywhere between 12 & 24 astrological constellations. Ophiuchus is the 13th constellation in our current system, which is usually left out.

Here's a link which better helps explain pagan influences on Christianity.

www.ucg.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The only holy black stone I am aware of is in the Kaaba at Mecca. As far as I know, that has nothing to do with Mithra.

Yeah that's what I mean we don't know could be the same stone or part of it.

Kaaba Stone, is a Muslim relic, which according to Islamic tradition dates back to the time of Adam and Eve

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

We dont! We have all been well aware of your delusions for quite some time now. Out of common courtesy though, we choose to humor you. Your welcome.

Merry Christmas dfn
edit on 25-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join