It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey faces criminal complaint in alleged sex assault at Nantucket bar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Boston Globe

Spacey was first accused of sexual misconduct at the start of the so-called #MeToo movement, which exploded into American life in late 2017 and has since seen women across the country share personal, painful stories of abuse and harassment.

About time they charge this scum bag.

When this story first broke in 2017 he thought he could deflect away from raping a young teen by coming out as gay, as if everyone would come to his rescue. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

If found guilty he could easily wind up on house arrest, but would still be required to register as a sex offender. He should be right at home with a huge chunk of the Hollywood elite, so no biggie there.

He did not deny any of these allegations, he just attempted to deflect attention away from it, hoping it would go away. I hope it crushes him.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The video he posted around the same time as the charges were announced is cringeworthy and creepy as hell.

If some can't watch, here is a snippet of what he says in the character of Frank Underwood.

"I know what you want," Spacey says as Underwood in the video. "Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, it's too powerful and after all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me even though you knew you shouldn't. So we're not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want: You want me back."

www.foxnews.com...

. Hope they give him maximum sentence and all his victims sue until he's bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

dude........what the hell was THAT?!

Good god this guys a headcase on top of being a sexual predator........

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Don't liberals get off the hook easily?

I recall Michael Avenatti being charged with assault. And then, he's free as a bird again.

Voters rewarded Keith Ellison with the position of Minnesota Attorney General, after he assaulted his girlfriend.

They assaulted a lot of high-profile Republicans this past Summer too.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

dude........what the hell was THAT?!

Good god this guys a headcase on top of being a sexual predator........

just another example of how far off Hollywood's reality is from an average person. Clearly being surrounded by YES people is not that good of a thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The Frank Underwood defense strategy.

The judge is gonna wipe that sarcastic smirk off his face. Sicko.

Maybe he'll put out a Kaizer video next.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Kevin Spacey's video is the perfect example as to why the #MeToo moral panic is inevitably toothless and will not prevent any further sexual assaults in the future. Anyone with a full, functioning conscience isn't going to sexually assault another person, ever. So when an at first well meaning message of sexual assault awareness morphs into an utterly toxic message of "all men are rapists", then the only people that toxic message is going to affect is good natured males with a conscience.

The sociopath predator couldn't care less. That is why they are a sociopath predator. Their fallout at best will be they will refine their methods, target more vulnerable victims society doesn't care about and possibly even take that next step in dispatching their victims to cover their crimes. Sure they will most likely ultimately be apprehended for these crimes, but that doesn't stop the crimes from happening in the first place.

Meanwhile, the good natured males will be increasingly confused about courtship behavior and more confused about finding their place in the social pecking order. And when that happens in our species that tends to translate to an increase in psychosis, suicide and a high likelihood of societal violence. We've already seen the tip of the iceberg of this effect with the mass shooting phenomena. Get ready for it to increase ten fold for generations to come if this B.S. isn't curbed.

The #MeToo mass moral panic will create more predators than it will stop. Mark my words. In fact, print them out, tack them to your bedroom wall and read them first thing when you wake up every morning.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Spacey is a waste of space. Good for him house arrest is to light for this kind of thing.5-10 behind bars is more fitting.

edit on 25-12-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

He could get that, however, I'm reasonably certain he hired a good lawyer or two.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

apparently, according to the twittersphere, this is the cup he used in the youtube film:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Just heard it on the news, and being guilty of assualt I believe to be true,

an assualt of another man YES ......

BUT

It is said an assualt on a teen in a bar?? I go along with the assualt but IF

they are in a bar and drinking dont refer to them as being an 18 year old

teen age BOY

18 year olds are young men (they can vote, take on debt, marry, drive,

have sex) not children???

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Depends on the crowd.

The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion ... draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises ... in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate. --Francis Bacon, Novum Organum, 1620

Pace Will Rogers, I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a libertarian. As a fiscal conservative and social liberal, I have found at least something to like about each Republican or Democrat I have met. I have close friends in both camps, in which I have observed the following: no matter the issue under discussion, both sides are equally convinced that the evidence overwhelmingly supports their position.

This surety is called the confirmation bias, whereby we seek and find confirmatory evidence in support of already existing beliefs and ignore or reinterpret disconfirmatory evidence. Now a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study shows where in the brain the confirmation bias arises and how it is unconscious and driven by emotions. Psychologist Drew Westen led the study, conducted at Emory University, and the team presented the results at the 2006 annual conference of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology.

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said.
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

My recollection of this story, from wence it started, has the 'boy' at about 14 or 15 years old keptover at a party (not a bar) into the situtation after the rest of the plebs apparently had vacated.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

"about time they are prosecuting this scumbag". Okay, Look the guy Kevin was hitting on was 18 years old, an adult. The Adult male also lied to Kevin about his age. So, what Kevin made the guy drink, and lie to him? Sexual assault is wrong, but there are two sides to the story. I also have to question the hotel. Yes Kevin bought the drinks, but why did the hotel not card the guy? I have had someone order a drink for me, and the person taking the order, asks for my ID!25-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: fixed something

edit on 25-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: add

edit on 25-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I recall Michael Avenatti being charged with assault. And then, he's free as a bird again.

Voters rewarded Keith Ellison with the position of Minnesota Attorney General, after he assaulted his girlfriend.

Al Fraken, says hello, and was never charged, he was merly accused. Where did he end up? Your point is well taken. Repubicans, get due process and Dems, do not. How is Kavanough doing?

edit on 25-12-2018 by iplay1up2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Think about this for a moment. Yeah He is most likely Guilty as Hell but this is HOUSE OF CARDS played out in real life he is just another distraction media pawn for the Right when some crap hits the fan in the following weeks...

make some popcorn and watch.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Gross. Just disgusting.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Of course you use this to attack Liberals. I don't know Spacey's politics but I can't recall him being an outspoken Liberal so I'll just assume you assume anyone associated with Hollywood is a die hard Liberal.

Speaking of Avenatti, if you do some googling you may learn what happened and why he isn't in jail for assaulting his wife.
edit on 25-12-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Seems like it's an "everyone else's fault" type of post.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
He's guilty. If I had reservations before concerning guilt or innocence, he has completely removed that doubt.

And evil.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join