It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Senators Displaying "The kind of thuggish behavior we expect from third world dictators"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Once again, multiple Democratic senators were displaying their true colors, while questioning judicial nominee Brian Buescher last week, on his ties to the Knights of Columbus. Apparently they were concerned whether Buescher would be fair and impartial, since The Knights of Columbus is “an all-male society,” who are anti-gay and anti-abortion. Do these senators realize that one of Americas most beloved presidents, John F. Kennedy, was a member of The Knights of Columbus?

JFK was reportedly high ranking in this Catholic organization, attaining at least a 4th order.

www.dailyjfk.com...

Yet that fact isn't relevant these days, as Democrats continue to thwart anything President Trump is associated with.

Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, recently raised concerns about Buescher's membership as part of the Senate Judiciary Committee's review of his nomination by President Trump to sit on the U.S. District Court in Nebraska.

In a series of questions sent to Buescher, Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the organization.

Harris meantime, in her questions to the nominee, called the Knights of Columbus “an all-male society” and asked the Nebraska lawyer if he was aware that the group was anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage when he joined.

www.foxnews.com...

As expected, many Republicans and various religious leaders complained that this was nothing more than “religious bigotry.”

Penny Nance, the president of Concerned Women for America, a Christian women’s activist group:

“This isn’t just about the Knights of Columbus or Catholics, this is an ongoing attack from the extremist left of the Democratic Party to silence people of faith and run them out of engaging in public service based on their religious beliefs,”

GOP South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham:

“Hopefully, in the eyes of Democrats you are not disqualified to a be a judge because of your religious affiliations and beliefs,”

Rev. Eugene F. Rivers III, a civil rights leader and the director of the Seymour Institute for Black Church and Policy Studies:

"The Black Church is very concerned because we know that when elected leaders attack Catholic organizations like the Knights of Columbus for believing timeliness Christian principles, then all people of faith are at risk,”

Ken Blackwell, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Commission:

This is the kind of thuggish behavior we expect from third world dictators, not United States Senators. There should be no religious test in America, and I call on my Democratic friends to end this tactic of engaging in religious discrimination to destroy people nominated for public office.

From the office of Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah:

“Alarming questions from Senate Democrats, showing they are getting more and more comfortable with imposing religious tests on Federal judicial nominees”

Kathleen Blomquist, a spokeswoman for the Knights of Columbus:

“Our country’s sad history of anti-Catholic bigotry contributed to the founding of the Knights of Columbus, and we are proud of the many Catholics who overcame this hurdle to contribute so greatly to our country”

Knights of Columbus Senior Vice President Kevin Shinkle:

“The Knights of Columbus is grateful for the support of so many people who recognize our charitable efforts and understand that mainstream religious beliefs shouldn’t disqualify anyone from serving their country”

All quotes from this article:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Odd how all of the attackers are trying to make this about religion when the Dem Senators asked about policy questions...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Who is voting these clowns in ?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

How does this quote:

Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the organization.

...and this quote:

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono said in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”

as well as this quote:

Harris meantime, in her questions to the nominee, called the Knights of Columbus “an all-male society” and asked the Nebraska lawyer if he was aware that the group was anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage when he joined.

www.foxnews.com...

...relate to "policy" issues and not about Buescher's membership to the Knights of Columbus? I'm all ears.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In our new world, John F. Kennedy would be driven from the Democratic party and labeled a "right wing zealot".

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's no secret where the Actual bigotry comes from, even though they like to make it seem like it's the other side...... They use to try and hide it, they aren't even trying anymore...

I remeber just a few years ago waaaaaaay back in 2008 when some idiots were saying Obama was a Muslim, and the democrats said religion shouldnt matter..... Now all the sudden it does?
edit on 12/24/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Would you be as blasé if a republican asked a dem nominee will your Islamic beliefs prevent you from fairly judging Christians...

the premise is the same, and the questions should not be focused on religion in either direction, we have freedom of religion in theory sure would be nice if congress could remember that.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well the democratic party is no longer
the party of John F. Kennedy.
That is for sure.
Attend one of their communist devil
worshipping ceremonies some time.
Truly enlightening.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I remeber just a few years ago waaaaaaay back in 2008 when some idiots were saying Obama was a Muslim, and the democrats said religion shouldnt matter..... Now all the sudden it does?

Star for you sir. That is a great question. I would also be interested to know if someone can answer that adequetly.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Louis Gutierrez was voted in, and easily re-elected, by the same radical sector of the population that Barack Obama catered to in Chicago. Of course, he stabbed them in the back after he "made it".

Gutierrez is a necessary evil. He illustrates "insanity", which makes Patriotic Americans look all the better!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Louis Gutierrez was voted in, and easily re-elected, by the same radical sector of the population that Barack Obama catered to in Chicago. Of course, he stabbed them in the back after he "made it".

Gutierrez is a necessary evil. He illustrates "insanity", which makes Patriotic Americans look all the better!

He has a well gerrymandered district too [IL-4th] 😀

Current districts and representatives

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Gutierrez is exactly depicting the picture that the Democratic Party is becoming. He sure wanted to ask questions and make insinuations, but he doesn't want to hear the answer. This idiocy is only the prelude to the Crumbling of the DNC.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It was out of line. Why would his faith undermine his ability to do his job?

There is no such disqualifyer. Religion is ok to have personally and privately last time I checked.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

In our new world, John F. Kennedy would be driven from the Democratic party and labeled a "right wing zealot".

The left today would claim JFK was "a nazi," a "xenophobe." a "sexist," a "bigot" etc, etc, etc...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Actually part of the debate and division over JFK among Democrats was his being a Catholic and not a Protestant. Many in the Democratic Party were dead set against JFK and he had to fight his own party to win. Remember also, many Democrats were still of the White Supremacist persuasion, on top of hating Catholics. I grew up during that time and I still recall my parents talking about that exact thing.

Transcript of JFK speech to Protestants.

But because I am a Catholic, and no Catholic has ever been elected president, the real issues in this campaign have been obscured — perhaps deliberately, in some quarters less responsible than this. So it is apparently necessary for me to state once again not what kind of church I believe in — for that should be important only to me — but what kind of America I believe in.

I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute, where no Catholic prelate would tell the president (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote; where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference; and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the president who might appoint him or the people who might elect him.

I believe in an America that is officially neither Catholic, Protestant nor Jewish; where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source; where no religious body seeks to impose its will directly or indirectly upon the general populace or the public acts of its officials; and where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all.

For while this year it may be a Catholic against whom the finger of suspicion is pointed, in other years it has been, and may someday be again, a Jew-- or a Quaker or a Unitarian or a Baptist. It was Virginia's harassment of Baptist preachers, for example, that helped lead to Jefferson's statute of religious freedom. Today I may be the victim, but tomorrow it may be you — until the whole fabric of our harmonious society is ripped at a time of great national peril.

JFK can best be compared to Reagan. Both were uniters and moderates. Both scared the bigots and haters. Both were shot.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

FYI: Third World Dictators have more integrity than many Senators. Dictators operate in the open. Those Senators operate in the shadows.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have to agree, the Democrats are acting like thugs under the rule of their mafia boss pelosi.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have to agree, the Democrats are acting like thugs under the rule of their mafia boss pelosi.

It's not just Democrats and Senators. Republican Congressman Paul Ryan is leaving Congress, for good reason.

After Loretta Lynch met Bill Clinton on the Arizona Tarmac, FBI Director James Comey promised to investigate. Paul Ryan's response:

FBI director James Comey is holding a press conference Tuesday morning. The press conference comes after Clinton was interviewed by the FBI for three and a half hours on Saturday.

“James Comey is a real stand up guy,” Ryan told Sykes prior to the press conference. “I do believe that his integrity is unequaled.”
July 5, 2016: www.breitbart.com...

There are numerous indicators of how "compromised" Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse

It's not just Democrats and Senators. Republican Congressman Paul Ryan is leaving Congress, for good reason.

After Loretta Lynch met Bill Clinton on the Arizona Tarmac, FBI Director James Comey promised to investigate. Paul Ryan's response:

FBI director James Comey is holding a press conference Tuesday morning. The press conference comes after Clinton was interviewed by the FBI for three and a half hours on Saturday.

“James Comey is a real stand up guy,” Ryan told Sykes prior to the press conference. “I do believe that his integrity is unequaled.”
July 5, 2016: www.breitbart.com...

There are numerous indicators of how "compromised" Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is.

I have no respect for Comey anymore, the truth of his inappropriate behavior and hiding the truth to protect his position became public knowledge after he left his job. I think that Comey should be in jail. The article you quoted was from 16, that is when a lot of people actually believed Comey was legit. But the Liberals are still backing Comey, basically backing a criminal.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Since Asst FBI Director Andy McCabe escaped prosecution, it's not likely that James Comey will be prosecuted either. Democrats like to whine about President Trump thinking "he's above the law". But that's exactly what we're seeing when it comes to high-level Deep State law breakers.

Speaking of Democrats being THUGS, This Muslim lady elected to Congress in Minnesota is now "coming clean" and admitting that she is Anti-Jew. When running for election, she was Pro-Jew. Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar snookered thousands of gullible voters last month!

Ref-1: twitter.com...

Ref-2: www.westernjournal.com... ngSharingButtons&utm_content=2018-11-17&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

new topics

<<   2 >>

join