It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Christians Perspective on UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

There is only one Gospel, and it's the one I gave you. This is different from 'the Gospels', Gospel means good news, and the Gospels - the 4 books, give what's called 'the Gospel'.

Yes the 10 commandments are valid. The 10 commandments are a schoolmaster. If someone can spend their entire lives without sinning then good for them, but the reality is no one can, so the 10 commandments show you that it's impossible to save yourself, because we're all sinners.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assemble

There is only one Gospel, and it's the one I gave you. This is different from 'the Gospels', Gospel means good news, and the Gospels - the 4 books, give what's called 'the Gospel'.

Yes the 10 commandments are valid. The 10 commandments are a schoolmaster. If someone can spend their entire lives without sinning then good for them, but the reality is no one can, so the 10 commandments show you that it's impossible to save yourself, because we're all sinners.
But the “10 commandments” were from the old testament. Are the other old testament rules still valid?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My advice to you is to focus on getting saved first. We can discuss hermeneutics another time.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

My advice to you is to focus on getting saved first. We can discuss hermeneutics another time.

I don’t believe in gods. I’m interested in understanding why other people do. Or rather, how they could? Nobody seems to be able to explain any of it with any certainty. If it’s all subjective, then my opinion is equally valid. If you are not interested in the convo, that’s fine, nobody seems to be able to answer any questions anyway, so no loss. Just another rude christian. I’ll chalk you up with all the others.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That's fine, everyone's got the right to choose.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hi, I'm a Christian, and I have a perspective on UFO's, which is of course Christian-centic

I thought I would share it with you guys.

From the Bible,

"Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits." (Zech. 5:1-2)

In the Old Testament, Zechariah is with an angel, and Zechariah sees a UFO.

He describes it as a 'flying roll'. A roll is of course, like a parchment, or for instance, a cigar shaped UFO.

Zechariah then goes on to further discuss UFOs.

Making reference to seeing a smaller pod, an 'ephah', which is like a bath, from which a woman with wings comes out from.

The final destination of these UFOs is Shinar, which is the area of Northern Iraq where the tower of Babel was.

The angel clarifies that these UFO's, the people, or rather, the 'people' in them are a curse to the world, that they're wickedness.

You can read the full chapter here www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

It's my opinion that UFO's are demonic in origin. To quote a colloquial phrase, they're not from 'up there', but from 'down there', and that they're bad news.

Of course, I don't expect everyone will agree with this, but, I think it's interesting, and I wanted to share.

Here is, in my opinion, a really good sermon on this very topic, explained really well by Dr. Peter Ruckman, if you'd like to listen to it,

Or, said another way, if the biblical authors had seen UFOs or made contact with alien civilizations they would have immediately figured out that these “demons” have what is known as technology that, if exposed to the masses, would make the “prophets” look like peasants and could easily destroy the church.

So, they demonized them - gotta keep control over the masses!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yeah, I don't buy that though.

UFOs are creepy and weird. They do weird callous experiments on people. Creepy technology that interferes with electricity, creates sulphur smell, have weird slothful creatures called 'greys'.

I've never heard of a UFO saying, 'thou shalt not steal', or sacrificing themself on the cross for humanity.

People don't demonize UFOs, they do that themself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join