It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Stock Market is Suffering a Very Bad December

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We had the usual sell Rosh and buy atonement this Sept. And Oct....

That was the flash crashes, then we knew there was two month or less before the real one......

Every year......the Israeli rehearsal days do this....sell Rosh, I shoulda capped huh! Sell Rosh buy The approval of God day......Atonement

Down now
edit on 24-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and your response to my comment about partisanship is to automatically side with the right and attack the left

give me a break already

That's because the dumbasses on the left ALWAYS side with the establishment and the Fed. Your grievance is misdirected at me... bitch at your party's fools who play the Fed's game happily and, I'm sure, at great personal fiscal gain.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
We had the usual sell Rosh and buy atonement this Sept. And Oct....

That was the flash crashes, then we knew there was two month or less before the real one......

Every year......the Israeli rehearsal days do this....sell Rosh, I shoulda capped huh! Sell Rosh buy The approval of God day......Atonement

Down now

What?????? No offense what so ever but i feel like as the days go by we can understand what youre trying to say less and less

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Its also what happens when you have companies falsely inflating the market by buying up their own stocks..........

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Its also what happens when you have companies falsely inflating the market by buying up their own stocks..........

That's precisely what most of them did with their tax cuts.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I invest in the bond market and buy gold/silver bullion.

I laugh at the market.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

20 years ago quotes? Obsolete in today's financial and political theater.

Things have flipped. Try to keep up.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Schroedinger's President: Will save the country from anything, can't stop anything from happening.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If you'll notice... the more the media ran headlines relating to the Mueller investigation creating criminal liability for the POTUS, the worse the market selloff became.

It WAS stupid for POTUS to keep touting the stock market, as evidence of the economy doing well... he should have just used the economic indicators. The stock market is NOT an indicator of economic health... it is an indicator of the sentiment of those who have tons of capital in play in the equities... and what they think will happen in the future.

Clearly, they see the change of the guard in Congress as a negative for the equities and investment markets. Why wouldn't they? No president has boosted business confidence so much while under such a constant blistering attack by nearly the entirety of the media.

They expect trouble for POTUS in the near term, and congress sets the tempo of policy in the general economy, and it has been taken over by Democrats.

So what is the equity market saying?

"Fasten your seat-belts, please."

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm a libertarian so you want me to bitch at Ron Paul about the Federal Reserve?

makes sense

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

if he was smart he woulda kept saying what he was saying on the campaign trail that was actually accurate and made sense and why we vote for him

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The fed implied they would raise interest rates two more times in 2019. Interest rates have been on a steady incline since Trump took office. Rising interest rates are bad for bonds and borrowing is more expensive for corporations. The fed raises interest rates to counter inflation. As part of raising interest rates the fed sells government securities, thereby decreasing the amount of money available to the ecomony in exchange for bonds.

So basically the fed doesnt want you to get too rich too fast. Things are going too good, and they are pulling the reigns back to slow the growth by decreasing the value of your money because the economy is growing faster than GDP.
edit on 24-12-2018 by drewlander because: I dont know why this Reply is not to OP. Meant to and got GBP/JPY instead.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

yeah but there was essentially no inflation in 2018 according to ST Lious Fed

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Libertarians don't defend America's well fare supporting, tax raising, war mongering Democrat Party the way you've been in this thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

yeah but there was essentially no inflation in 2018 according to ST Lious Fed

I should have checked into that. My guess would be we have real GDP growth, not QE compensating for the difference between actual GDP and target GDP, so the growth looks same. Under Obama we never hit target GDP without QE. Now we face QT -- Quantative Tightening.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Schroedinger's President: Will save the country from anything, can't stop anything from happening.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

it doesn't make any sense though most of the market has been debt based and stock buybacks by large corporations

seekingalpha.com...
money.cnn.com...

Apple (AAPL) alone spent a whopping $45 billion on buybacks during the first half of 2018, triple what it did during the same time period last year, the firm said. That included a record-shattering sum during the first quarter.

Amgen (AMGN), Cisco (CSCO), AbbVie (ABBV) and Oracle (ORCL) have also showered investors with big

so what's happening??

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Because they are going to crash the markets and blame it on Trump? I suspect the hit the DOW and other markets around the world have taken is temporary though and they will recover.

Since their money, like Trump's money, is tied in to the stock exchange, it would be a really stupid thing for them to do.

It would be like amputating your leg just to ruin someone's carpet.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
by the last financial crisis it was clear that the econmic system was at the end of its live
by lack of something better they just moved on ...knowing that the systen never will recouver
see for youre self ….the more money is earned the quicker it evaporates at the stockmarkets

the working class dont benefit of it ...couse there's nothing left after investors and speculants filled there pockets witch seems not to have an bottem….

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

10 companies account for almost 80% of all buybacks in 2018. Apple is one, and they have an underperform rating amid china-us trade tension.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join