It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US Stock Market is Suffering a Very Bad December

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nobody can say voters weren't warned.
www.barrons.com...

When it comes to investing, Donald Trump is best known for his real estate fortune, not his stock market savvy. But lately, he has taken to offering tips to shareholders. “If you want your stocks to go down, I strongly suggest voting Democrat,” he tweeted on Oct. 30, one of a string of such warnings in recent weeks.

That’s a worrisome suggestion, that stocks will tank if Democrats gain ground, because although pollsters no longer expect a “blue wave” on Election Day, they overwhelmingly predict a Democratic takeover of the House. FiveThirtyEight.com, an election blog that combines polls from various sources, puts the chances at 6 in 7, or 85%. (It says the same for Republican chances of keeping the Senate.) The president hasn’t been specific about how many votes for Democrats it would take to trigger his predicted decline, but you’d think flipping one of the nation’s two main law-making bodies would do it.

Elections have consequences and every person who shot their ignorant mouths off over the past 2 years, calling DOW growth "Obama's economy" can now go find a mirror and look at the sad, angry face glaring back at them and thank that person because their vote in November caused this. Good job, once again, hosing America!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

TrumpcriticizesTrump

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Such a good one matey,
Hilarious

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have been reading RT a lot lately and I was wondering why nobody was talking about the economy and how it appears like its going to crash.

Seeing articles like.....

Russia phasing out US dollar in military contracts in favor of local currencies – trade minister
www.rt.com...

China & Japan lead global dumping of US sovereign debt
www.rt.com...

Russia ditching US Treasuries for gold in bid to protect economy & diversify – analysts to RT
www.rt.com...

Russia-China real gold standard means end of US dollar dominance
www.rt.com...

Which countries are dumping the dollar and why?
www.rt.com...

Dropping the dollar: Venezuela lists oil price in Chinese yuan
www.rt.com...

US dollar will crash & burn because of trade war with China – investor Peter Schiff
www.rt.com...*-us-dollar-trade-war/

Small Asian nation dumps dollar & yuan for gold amid growing global trade hostilities
www.rt.com...

China cuts US investments by 92% amid escalating trade war
www.rt.com...

I know nothing about economics or the stock market but after reading the Russian propaganda...I believe them more than the American propaganda and this is no surprise.
I expect a lot more of this to come.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Anyone who Voted Democrat in the Nov. Mid-Terms should take a Good Look in a Mirror ...SUCKERS !

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

this market is due to Fed policy

www.marketwatch.com...

The stimulus programs by the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank had nothing to do with stabilization. They were about inflating asset prices.

And that’s what we got. Until now. After all, if it had been about stabilization, it wouldn’t be a problem now, but it is. The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -2.91% plummeted 4.6% to 24,346 points Monday. The S&P 500 Index of the biggest U.S. stocks slumped 4.1% to 2,649 points. Both indexes extended losses from late last week.

if you buy silver right now you will be in a great position, don't pay attention to the partisan nonsense the stock buybacks and central banks policy of asset inflation is what's causing this. the inflation has forced everyone to take on massive debt to maintain basic's and now the Fed is raising rates and it's going to cause a huge correction

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I have been reading RT a lot lately and I was wondering why nobody was talking about the economy and how it appears like its going to crash.

Seeing articles like.....

Russia phasing out US dollar in military contracts in favor of local currencies – trade minister
www.rt.com...

China & Japan lead global dumping of US sovereign debt
www.rt.com...

Russia ditching US Treasuries for gold in bid to protect economy & diversify – analysts to RT
www.rt.com...

Russia-China real gold standard means end of US dollar dominance
www.rt.com...

Which countries are dumping the dollar and why?
www.rt.com...

Dropping the dollar: Venezuela lists oil price in Chinese yuan
www.rt.com...

US dollar will crash & burn because of trade war with China – investor Peter Schiff
www.rt.com...*-us-dollar-trade-war/

Small Asian nation dumps dollar & yuan for gold amid growing global trade hostilities
www.rt.com...

China cuts US investments by 92% amid escalating trade war
www.rt.com...

I know nothing about economics or the stock market but after reading the Russian propaganda...I believe them more than the American propaganda and this is no surprise.
I expect a lot more of this to come.

I have made several posts tracking it but ya'll ignore it... suckers

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Funny.

IAMTAT called it before the election.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Because they are going to crash the markets and blame it on Trump? I suspect the hit the DOW and other markets around the world have taken is temporary though and they will recover.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan tells David Rubenstein that rising deficits and debt are already showing signs of eroding U.S. growth and that he sees indications of stagflation -- a stagnant economy saddled with rising inflation. The comments come in the new episode of “The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations" in an interview recorded Nov. 9 at Bloomberg's headquarters in New York. (Source: Bloomberg)

you guys are such hacks it's hilarious

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Funny.

IAMTAT called it before the election.

Many of us portended it prior to the election. Democrats aren't caustic to the overall economy in the long haul anymore than Republicans are, simply because the economy is very fluid and will adapt, over time, to either party's favorite black hole policies to throw our money into. The issue is the change in direction, or at least throwing the brakes onto what was a swiftly progressing economy. The presence of a Democrat controlled House adds mountains of uncertainty and doubt into the economy, and investors despise both of those things almost more than they despise risk.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
www.bloomberg.com...

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan tells David Rubenstein that rising deficits and debt are already showing signs of eroding U.S. growth and that he sees indications of stagflation -- a stagnant economy saddled with rising inflation. The comments come in the new episode of “The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations" in an interview recorded Nov. 9 at Bloomberg's headquarters in New York. (Source: Bloomberg)

10 days after the Democrats own the House, Greenspan saw signs of faltering economy and those of us calling it out on the election are "hacks?" LMGDAO!!! Oh, that's rich!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

it's hacky because you think it's a partisan issue when it's an issue with the central banks

of course Greenspan would know that
edit on 24-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

it's hacky because you think it's a partisan issue when it's an issue with the central banks

In the here and now, it is a partisan issue. The central banks have become emboldened by the Dems' victory. With a compliant House and Senate, Trump can tell the Fed to shove it and there's little the Fed can do... but with establishment puppets running the House, it's a lot more complicated.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

puhhlease, the Fed works in tandem with the BIS

www.bis.org...

As part of our work in the area of monetary and financial stability, we regularly publish related analyses and international banking and financial statistics that underpin policymaking, academic research and public debate.

With regard to our banking activities, our customers are central banks and international organisations. We do not accept deposits from, or provide financial services to, private individuals or corporate entities.

but ya Democrat's, cause MAGA

please guys give me a break

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I have made several posts tracking it but ya'll ignore it... suckers

please guys give me a break

No...you give us a break and quit acting like a fool.
If you are so good,go fix the problem smartass.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

my fan club grew today because you can't formulate arguments with information.

good job moderator, lead the way

I've create probably a dozen threads chronicling this coming crash for months go ahead and debunk them with your genius insults

you guys just can't handle people disagreeing with you with valid information anymore. you've turned into snowflakes and anyone who says anything counter to the MAGA narrative is freely personally attacked by even moderator's

good job guys
edit on 24-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: DrumsRfun

my fan club grew today because you can't formulate arguments with information.

good job moderator, lead the way

I've create probably a dozen threads chronicling this coming crash for months go ahead and debunk them with your genius insults

you guys just can't handle people disagreeing with you with valid information anymore. you've turned into snowflakes and anyone who says anything counter to the MAGA narrative is freely personally attacked by even moderator's

good job guys

So you discovered the 10 year stock market cycle?

I had thought you were a lot younger than when it was first observed in the 1940's.

Hell, the cycle is baked into most investment firm's software.

I put everything I had into Palladium in 2011 because of the 10 year cycle.

After I made a killing on Ford stock when I purchased at the lower end of the trough in... let me see...

Oh yes!!! 10 years ago.

I'm hoping for a 50% correction so I can shift it into... not going to tell you and make you wealthy too.

But congratulations... you discovered the wheel!!!

/facepalm

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It depends on how you define "partisan" and how skewed your opinion on the handful of freedom fighters against the Fed is. en.wikipedia.org... presently, all of the modern critics against the Fed and against the establishment's felating of the Fed are on the Right side of the aisle. Please, find me a leftist champion and we can talk about your "facts," but you currently have none.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

and your response to my comment about partisanship is to automatically side with the right and attack the left

give me a break already

<<   2  3  4 >>

join