It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas ...please take a moment.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope those of you whom have family and friends will be spending your time with your loved ones today and tomorrow.
If your stuck spending this one away from family, I hope you still have a wonderful day and get a chance to get that phone call in to wish everybody the happiest of holidays.

If your out and about today and tomorrow please take a moment to give someone a smile, hold that door open, and wish a stranger a merry Christmas.
Those small acts of kindness can go a long way.
More times than not, a smile or small gesture of gratitude will set the tone for the day for the people you encounter in your travels.
So please take a moment and make sure to say thank you to the clerk behind the counter or the dude at the front of the store who opens the door for you.
Those words can easily mean a lot to those around you.

As well if your alone,
Our one and only Nightstar posted a wonderful thread, where everyone’s welcome to pop into, sit by the fire and hangout with one another for the next few days.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
And a happy new year.
From the Carignan family.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Merry Christmas to you and yours and a New Year filled with joy and amazing adventures Mac!

We could all be due, IMO, to slow down and think of others for a moment, it does a heart good.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That’s right!
A moment out of our days, can make the world of difference for someone else’s day

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well we’re out of here. Off to dinner at the in-laws, then visiting friends.
The kids are amped for tomorrow morning.

I’m gonna eat and be completely gluttonous tonight and tomorrow.
Love you all.
edit on 24-12-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
We went shopping and now we have to start baking for tomorrows get together at my kids house. Sometimes I think it would be nice for all of us to go to the restaurant and eat, but with seventeen people or more, the tip left would cost more than all the food we make.

Turkey. 20 lbs @ .60/lb $12.00

Bread for stuffing, some celery and onions and a stick of butter and spices $5.00

Ten pounds of Idaho potatoes. $2.00

Two pies made from scratch with berries from blueberry picking and cherries from my brother's trees. Tapioca is expensive so $5.00

Coffee and milk $5.00

Green bean casserole $4.00

Big bowl of Kale salad $6.00

Misc. homemade deserts and orderbs $ 10.00

Under fifty bucks for seventeen people. and everyone is taking home all sorts of extra food in the end, enough for the next days lunch.

After my daughters wedding we went out to eat, about fifteen people, and we just had hamburgers and coffee and drinks and the bill was a few bucks short of three hundred bucks total which included a forty two dollar tip. The food we make is way better than the restaurant we went to. I mean, there was some drinks at the restaurant, so we got two hundred and sixty bucks left over to buy booze with.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Aww, that's sweet, thanks!

If I had a favorite backwoods, toothless, banjo playin, inbread family from Mississippi, it would be ATS for sure!

Jk

Merry xmas!!
Call an Uber!!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We went shopping and now we have to start baking .

good on you sir

ive been baking since the wee hours

nice day off

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Made one batch of cookies yesterday. I found Andes chips at Target, so I made chocolate chip cookies with those instead of regular semi-sweet. They sort of taste like chocolate chip cookies and Girl Scout thin mints had a love child.

The fruit cakes are in the fridge and they've been getting spritzed mostly daily since early December, one brandied, on OJed.

I will make a batch of gingersnaps, and a batch of oatmeal raisin. I'm going to use rum when I plump the raisins for the oatmeal raisins to give them a "festive" flavor, but otherwise stock oatmeal raisin (I ordered the wrong cookies earlier, so I owe my folks a batch -- they love 'em). Those will happen later this week.

Christmas with family isnt til next weekend.

Our turkey is dry brining, and we have one roasted chicken carcass ready to join the turkey carcass for stock making for the white turkey chili we're taking for the soup table at my folks'. The celebration will be a bit subdued since dad just got his hip done a week and a half ago, but he's mobile.

And well need to go to the store late this week for the peppers for the chili and the stuff to make the Asian meatballs and lettuce wraps.

I've also been grabbing random blocks of cheese out of the cheese case to add to the snack table.

So we're good to go!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I always say thank you. I imagine those poor clerks run into some real arseholes sometime. My wife has been baking for going on a week or more. She always makes to much. And I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I found Andes chips at Target, so I made chocolate chip cookies with those instead of regular semi-sweet. They sort of taste like chocolate chip cookies and Girl Scout thin mints had a love child.

YUM!!!

Andes were my Mom's favorite little snack along with Werther's (sp) and Horehound candies which I thought were absolutely sickening but, the Andes cookies sound lovely.

Merry Christmas to you and Tekiat (Oh heck I can't possibly spell THAT!) and your son...

See you in the New Year!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Aww, that's sweet, thanks!

If I had a favorite backwoods, toothless, banjo playin, inbread family from Mississippi, it would be ATS for sure!

Jk

Merry xmas!!
Call an Uber!!

I can loan you some folks from Tennessee...bout the same!

LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I wish you plenty of peace and good cheer.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to you too and everyone else on ATS!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Lol exactly!!

...Oh crap, I live in Tennessee.

Lol...merry xmas!!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Who else’s kids were up before 7 am?

It’s present time now.

Merry Christmas ATS!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

It’s present time now.

Merry Christmas ATS!

daughter #woke me at 5

house looks like a bomb went off

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

It’s present time now.

Merry Christmas ATS!

Ours is always up at 6am. He's 8 and never has learned the meaning of "sleep in." So, yeah, we've been up since 6:30. He and Teikiatsu are working together to build the LEGO Ninjago Oni Titan mech. If it's a robot (or looks like one), he's all into that.

Mostly, kiddo builds and Teik sorts pieces and makes sure he doesn't make a mistake. Kiddo has zero patience for taking something apart to fix those.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What a long couple of days.
Now just the wife and I are sitting on the couch with the cats.
The kids playing with their new things.
Stuffed to the max from eating so much tonight.
Watching Creed 2, fighting to keep my eyes open,

Here’s to being one year away from all the insanity !

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I walked over to the convenience store for some tobacco and had a $5 winning lotto ticket. Surely the clerk would rather not have been there, so I gave her the $5 from the ticket. Not much but it made her smile.
edit on 25/12/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

top topics

join