It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Eve Stock Market Crash Maga Edition.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
And the Dow is up 500
Lol
Happy Holiday!

Dead cat bounce?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Lol, ok, congratulations on your ability to list facts, which are in fact, facts (despite them being unproveably linked to the correlation you are making). However, your thoughts on the causes of those facts or the correlations between other events and those facts is pure opinion (not provable), as are your other thoughts on the subject you espoused earlier.

Well, duh. You just said the exact same thing I have been saying since we started and yet you want to argue about it.

As I mentioned earlier, if you had rather listed data that showed that in the overwhelming percent of political control vs. stock market performance that it was conclusively a Democrat problem, then I wouldn't feel the need to argue with you over this. Unfortunately for you such data doesn't exist.

You're right... there is no evidence that a political party, either of them, will crash a stock market every time they gain political control. I already said as much, and that is not what I am claiming. I am claiming...

political agendas drive profitability for businesses and that affects stock performance.

Try to understand something... I really don't care about the political party. I care about their policies. If the Democrats have good policies and show a willingness to follow through on them, I will vote Democrat. If the Republicans have good policies and show a willingness to follow through with them, I will vote Republican. If the Man In The Moon party has good policies and shows a willingness to follow through on them, I will vote for the Man In The Moon! Don't blame me if your precious party has bad policies and can't (or won't) follow through with what little good they have.

You can take your political party nonsense and spread it on someone else. It don't stick to me. The whole reason I became supportive of Trump is he ticked off both Democrats and Republicans!

At least you finally showed your true colors for everyone to see. You're a Democrat, true and blue. Congratulations. You, just like every true and red Republican, are a sheep, herded along with nary a thought for yourself. Never question the party, amiright? The party is God. Please, spare me. I already have a God and He is far above that petty partisan squabbling.

Let me know when you want to actually debate. I tire of silliness.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
omg...… its 10 minutes till Market close and the DOW is up 900+

the PPT is doing it in hyper drive

That sob trump has some nerve!

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

By Santa Claus' underpants, you're right! Dow is up over 1000 (almost 5%)!

And here's a likely reason why:

Shoppers delivered the strongest holiday sales increase for U.S. retailers in six years, according to early data.

Profit, baBEEE!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Its up again so now its OBAMA. get with the program.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey, where'd all the Trump-bashers go?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
First time it has went up over 1000 points, EVER!

But who knows it is the stock market!

The Story
edit on 26-12-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is how bad Trump is.

He can't even crash the market right!

What a loser!

-This message was brought to you by the "Impeach 45" Coalition, Tide Pod Eaters of America and the fine makers of vegan bacon.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
First time it has went up over 1000 points, EVER!

But who knows it is the stock market!

The Story

Trump just increased the value of Silly's portfolio today.
I hope she sends him a nice fruit basket or something.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My how this thread has aged.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

vegan bacon

Sacrilege! Never use those two words in the same sentence!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I have to say about this HUGE resurgence in the market is...so much for the media and democratic negative blitz AGAIN. You would think that you would learn by now. They must be more of a group of checkers players rather than chess.
edit on 26-12-2018 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2018 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You are correct!
You didn't build that!

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: soundguy

Awesome. Now is the time to buy. Thanks Trump for this Christmas Gift.

If you're investing in US funds, now is not the time to buy. It'll drop a good 10% or more yet.

I told ya.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The DOW is a worthless, price-weighted index of a small sliver of companies. It’s representative of little beyond a good CNBC push notification.

Also, bears rarely make any money. And they definitely don’t make as much as bulls.

This correction will pass and those who stay invested and bought in the last two weeks will be rewarded.

If you hear anyone say Trump fundamentally impacts the stock market you can tell them they’re wrong - every major forecasting firm has cut this data a multitude of ways. He just can’t impact as much as he’d like. And, by the same token, the wet sandwich that was Obama’s economic policy couldn’t hold the market back either (now you can insert obligatory commment about the fed/cheap money/etc.).

If you have access to a Bloomberg terminal/Fact Set/Eagle you can confirm this on your own
I’ve learned that those who shun the stock market are afraid of it because they don’t understand it. Ironically, most of the members around here are highly inquisitive and curious people - yet I hear a LOT of bearish commentary which is actually surprising given the general observational power of this board - and its ability to be objective.

Many folks on here are savvy with physics, history, chemistry, engineering, etc. - which I’m envious of! Capital markets, however, not so much.

I wish more people would understand how capital markets work/think/behave so they could make more money and live more of whatever life they choose to lead. /rant.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Up 1000 points, GTUI! That’s a lie! Here on flat earth CNN says it’s down 2000 more! Liars!

Edit:
Reports are now coming in that there’s even people jumping from windows @ Wall st., lucky for you haters they all survived because, you know...
edit on 27-12-2018 by 2Faced because: Flat out lie

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

buy put options on FAANG stocks tomorrow you can thank me later

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Lmfao, well this stupid thread didm't age well.

I wonder where all the Anti-Trumpers went???!??

They said it was the end of the world, but it was only TRUMP, LMFAO.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

Lol, ok, congratulations on your ability to list facts, which are in fact, facts (despite them being unproveably linked to the correlation you are making). However, your thoughts on the causes of those facts or the correlations between other events and those facts is pure opinion (not provable), as are your other thoughts on the subject you espoused earlier.

Well, duh. You just said the exact same thing I have been saying since we started and yet you want to argue about it.

As I mentioned earlier, if you had rather listed data that showed that in the overwhelming percent of political control vs. stock market performance that it was conclusively a Democrat problem, then I wouldn't feel the need to argue with you over this. Unfortunately for you such data doesn't exist.

You're right... there is no evidence that a political party, either of them, will crash a stock market every time they gain political control. I already said as much, and that is not what I am claiming. I am claiming...

political agendas drive profitability for businesses and that affects stock performance.

Try to understand something... I really don't care about the political party. I care about their policies. If the Democrats have good policies and show a willingness to follow through on them, I will vote Democrat. If the Republicans have good policies and show a willingness to follow through with them, I will vote Republican. If the Man In The Moon party has good policies and shows a willingness to follow through on them, I will vote for the Man In The Moon! Don't blame me if your precious party has bad policies and can't (or won't) follow through with what little good they have.

You can take your political party nonsense and spread it on someone else. It don't stick to me. The whole reason I became supportive of Trump is he ticked off both Democrats and Republicans!

At least you finally showed your true colors for everyone to see. You're a Democrat, true and blue. Congratulations. You, just like every true and red Republican, are a sheep, herded along with nary a thought for yourself. Never question the party, amiright? The party is God. Please, spare me. I already have a God and He is far above that petty partisan squabbling.

Let me know when you want to actually debate. I tire of silliness.

TheRedneck

Now you're using Deflection to try and re-frame this because you're too feeble to admit when you're wrong (and hypocritical to boot since that's a common jab from you). You don't want debate because you entirely lack the facilities to do so adequately I surmise. My issue with you has nothing to do with political affiliation (but since you can't conceptualize otherwise its all you see), but rather the fact that you apparently get off on sounding smart to yourself with a bunch of nonsense disguised as valuable insight. I have no problem with many of the vitriolic Trumpsters in this thread and others (heck, at least they call a spade a spade), but your brand of smug idiocy is especially hilarious because although you think yourself so clever, you really come here to spout this nonsense to assuage your own magnificently fragile ego (much like the man you voted for and support as President, and its readily apparent). Normally I am disinterested in calling folks out but your meandering tirades give me such a thorough chuckle that its like dangling a juicy steak in front of me; I can't resist.

Again, your claim of, "political agendas drive profitability for businesses and that affects stock performance" is opinion, not fact (because for the umpteenth time the connections your making are correlative, and not yet determined to be causative). You're not clever or especially wise to pontificate this (as I said earlier, economist have been debating this for a long time), and they still haven't agreed on the degree to what you're saying is coupled to the stock market (whose inner workings are so labyrinthine that much like modern chaos theory its likely even seemingly unrelated perturbations in inputs can cause drastically unforeseen outcomes). You can correlate Political agendas and business profitability, and you can correlate business profitability with stock fluctuations, but that doesn't explain why sometimes seemingly positive pro-business political agenda's sometimes have the opposite effect on business, or how aggregate profitability sometimes runs contrary to the stock markets trends.
edit on 52am18famThu, 27 Dec 2018 08:55:42 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 27 Dec 2018 08:55:42 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join