It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Eve Stock Market Crash Maga Edition.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: St Udio
omg...… its 10 minutes till Market close and the DOW is up 900+

the PPT is doing it in hyper drive

That sob trump has some nerve!

Its up again so now its OBAMA. get with the program.

Dow is down nearly 300 points today, it's definitely trump to blame, but maybe back in the green Obama gets credit zone again soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
lol

Instead of a Bull or Bear market, we now have a Trump or Obama market.

*giggles*

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Again, your claim of, "political agendas drive profitability for businesses and that affects stock performance" is opinion, not fact (because for the umpteenth time the connections your making are correlative, and not yet determined to be causative).

Oh, dear... seems I have triggered someone.

Funny thing, is maybe you're right... now that I think about it, I walked across my yard yesterday and stepped in a puddle of water. When I did, my shoe got wet. Now, here I was thinking the wetness of my shoe was a direct result of stepping in water, but thanks to your big words, I realize how wrong I was. It couldn't have been the water that made it wet! That was only a correlative observation!

Look, people buy stock for one reason and one reason only: to make money. Ever seen a stock certificate? It doesn't look all that pretty.... one cannot eat it.... but one can certainly walk to the mailbox once a quarter and pick up a check from it. Most people want to make as much money as they can, so they choose stocks they think will make the most. What stocks make the most? The ones for businesses that make profit! That's kinda how it works.

Now, I don't know if you simply cannot grasp that concept, if you're just trying desperately to root for your team, or maybe you're just having fun picking on the poor old redneck (if it's the latter, you're fooling yourself)... but whatever your issue, it doesn't change anything. The stock market runs off profit, and government policies can affect profit. That's not opinion, any more than my shoe getting wet because I stepped in water is an opinion. It is factual.

Are the details more complicated than that? Of course! Good investors look at a host of things before investing.... who's running the company, what kind of market share do they have, how much debt are they carrying, how many assets do they have, what has been their past performance... all those things matter. So does government regulation in that industry. Anything that affects profit matters, and nothing matters that does not affect profit.

Political party does not matter; political agendas do. You have tried desperately to turn that statement around, and failed. Profit does matter; you are trying to argue that one now, and failing as well. Proof is in the correlation between the early market reports for the holiday season and the sudden, historically significant jump in the market. Likely, this jump was amplified by savvy investors playing on folks like you, just waiting for the market to drop enough so they could buy up shares and make a killing when the better-than-average holiday numbers came out.

So yeah, keep grabbing for that steak. This redneck don't care, and you're being taken the whole way, lol.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
lol

Instead of a Bull or Bear market, we now have a Trump or Obama market.

*giggles*

Reminds me of the old joke.

Guy stopped in car at traffic light asks the idiot crossing the street behind him: "Hey buddy, is my turn signal working?"

Idiot: "It's working!...No it's not!...It's working!...No it's not!...".

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Some days I think we have either an Eloi or Morlock market...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Didn't Trump predict the market crash while he was running for President? He stated that the Fed with their quantative easing and zero percent interest created this false bubble economy and that an eventual crash was destine to happen? Anyone with half a brain knows that this stock market was fake. The amount it raised since 2008 when all indicators from the economy said that there is no reason for stocks to rise when welfare and unemployment are high. The Fed spent trillions propping up the market to save all their rich friends. Dumb people will blame Trump, smart people will put the blame where it belongs, with the Fed and the world money manipulators.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can't help wonder where the 'but Hillary' crowd is with their deflections?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope ya'll took my advice on those put options on the FAANG stocks

boooom, options trading ftw

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Again, your claim of, "political agendas drive profitability for businesses and that affects stock performance" is opinion, not fact (because for the umpteenth time the connections your making are correlative, and not yet determined to be causative).

Why would I be triggered when you haven't said anything inflammatory or worthwhile yet?

I think your aged mind is slipping...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Crash....quickly followed by the largest record gains in history.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Munchkin makes a call couple days ago and bam. It won't last though, sorry
ih1.redbubble.net...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Why would I be triggered when you haven't said anything inflammatory or worthwhile yet?

That's a good question. Do you have an answer?

TheRedneck

edit on 12/28/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Nah, he really did clobber you good back there. I read it and saw that as simple as can be. When you lose like that, do it gracefully and you'll look better for it, perhaps even BE better for it..

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That's a good question. Do you have an answer?

TheRedneck

Are we resorting to 'I know you are but what am I now'?

Again, more cognitive decline

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Nah, he really did clobber you good back there. I read it and saw that as simple as can be. When you lose like that, do it gracefully and you'll look better for it, perhaps even BE better for it..

hehe, look who I got to chime in. I'll take your 30 seconds, thank you very much

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Are we resorting to 'I know you are but what am I now'?

I'm not. I just wanted to know if you had an answer to your posed question.

Again, more cognitive decline

I know.

Have you thought about seeing a doctor for that?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Have you thought about seeing a doctor for that?

TheRedneck

Lol, Oh boy the 'confusion' part has already set in, the diagnosis doesn't look good for you old timer.

Top 3 Early Signs of Dementia:
1.) memory problems, particularly remembering recent events.

You keep repeating the same arguments as counters for other posts against said argument. I now suspect its not willful but rather you just forget you've already said the same tired crap over and over again.

2.) increasing confusion.

When you think the entire world around you has gone mad, its almost certainly not the world, but yourself. (this is just basic mathematical odds)

3.) reduced concentration.

You vacillate between on-point attempts at rebuttals followed by getting suckered into an argumentative honeytraps where you feebly lash back because you don't have enough concentration to stay focused.

Fortunately there are medications now that are pretty effective at slowing the rate of cognitive decline. If you man up and start now you may be able to salvage what you have left.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You vacillate between on-point attempts at rebuttals followed by getting suckered into an argumentative honeytraps where you feebly lash back because you don't have enough concentration to stay focused.

Oh, I'm quite focused. I just enjoy the tit-for tat, especially when your posts are so easy to shoot down. Thus far, every argument you have given is provably false and/or misleading on the surface and every attempt to make fun of me in that childish manner you seem to enjoy have been even easier to twist back around. It almost shames me to reply to you because i feel like a chess master playing against a 5 year old beginner.

Almost.

You're just not very good at this, are you?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oh, I'm quite focused. I just enjoy the tit-for tat, especially when your posts are so easy to shoot down. Thus far, every argument you have given is provably false and/or misleading on the surface and every attempt to make fun of me in that childish manner you seem to enjoy have been even easier to twist back around. It almost shames me to reply to you because i feel like a chess master playing against a 5 year old beginner.

Almost.

You're just not very good at this, are you?

TheRedneck

Oh Redneck you're just about my only entertainment today.

I like to consider that of the little time you have left on the earth, you choose to waste it with me.

Think of the service I'm doing for the world right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I like to consider that of the little time you have left on the earth, you choose to waste it with me.

Aw, that's so sweet!

Too bad you know so little of rednecks. We typically kill ourselves off pretty early in life, which incidentally is also why we breed so fast. But once in a while, one comes along that is just too damn tough and lives beyond the normal 30 years or so. In fact, they typically live far far far beyond those 30 years or so, sometimes over 100.

So donchu worry yore poor lil haed ovu me. Ah'll prob'ly outlive yew!

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join