It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murderers of Troops in Iraq: Loyalists or Something More Complex???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Today in Iraq we are seeing our men fall in several different ways, several different times for what seems to be several different reasons. The Bush Administration wants us to believe that these attackers are just loyalists of Saddam's Regime. Yet for me that is kind of hard to believe. It is my contention that these attackers are NOT JUST loyalists. I think that these attackers can and will come in many different forms. How can we believe that all these these attackers are faithful of Saddam???

The way I see it they are just people who spite the occupation and hate the foreign presence. Now I am not saying that NONE of these murderers are loyalists. I am saying that not all of them are loyalists. It is hard for me to believe that every person in Iraq has been directed by Saddam to go out in kill. Yes he has told them to do so, but supposedly he has also claimed that he has not been able to send out his messages to the Iraqi people with as much ease as he has in the past. In fact his latest known statement was made on the 17th of June and only til 4th of July has it appeared in mainstream media sources. So that strongly implicates that Saddam is out of touch with his so-called loyalists or any other person for that matter.

So if Saddam can't even give a call out to his people, then how can all these people be taking orders from him??? Well they can't. So that would imply that these so-called loyalists are acting on their own. Just because they are acting on their own doesn't mean that they were not given the order. Yet it does mean that this ploy that these attackers are in direct cahoots with Saddam is a farce.

The reality of it all is the fact that people have their own unwarrented and irrational reasons for doing that which they do. They don't necassarily kill our troops for the glory of Saddam's failing Iraqi dictatorship. Do they???

What is your opinion???

How do you see this action???

Are these attackers motivated by the will to impress their so-called faithful and glorious leader???

Or do they have other more complicated reasons for doing so???

Opinions please........................

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Today in Iraq we are seeing our men fall in several different ways, several different times for what seems to be several different reasons. The Bush Administration wants us to believe that these attackers are just loyalists of Saddam's Regime. Yet for me that is kind of hard to believe. It is my contention that these attackers are NOT JUST loyalists. I think that these attackers can and will come in many different forms. How can we believe that all these these attackers are faithful of Saddam???

The way I see it they are just people who spite the occupation and hate the foreign presence. Now I am not saying that NONE of these murderers are loyalists. I am saying that not all of them are loyalists. It is hard for me to believe that every person in Iraq has been directed by Saddam to go out in kill. Yes he has told them to do so, but supposedly he has also claimed that he has not been able to send out his messages to the Iraqi people with as much ease as he has in the past. In fact his latest known statement was made on the 17th of June and only til 4th of July has it appeared in mainstream media sources. So that strongly implicates that Saddam is out of touch with his so-called loyalists or any other person for that matter.

So if Saddam can't even give a call out to his people, then how can all these people be taking orders from him??? Well they can't. So that would imply that these so-called loyalists are acting on their own. Just because they are acting on their own doesn't mean that they were not given the order. Yet it does mean that this ploy that these attackers are in direct cahoots with Saddam is a farce.

The reality of it all is the fact that people have their own unwarrented and irrational reasons for doing that which they do. They don't necassarily kill our troops for the glory of Saddam's failing Iraqi dictatorship. Do they???

What is your opinion???

How do you see this action???

Are these attackers motivated by the will to impress their so-called faithful and glorious leader???

Or do they have other more complicated reasons for doing so???

Opinions please........................

Yes, there are other reasons.

Picture yourself in your home town with an occupying force messing with your life. If the same thing happened here there would be Americans taking out attacks in the same way as well.

All you have to do is picture youself in their situation, they are just people as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Use youre brains all of you! Invarders will be killed ass long they occypy some foreing country.. only reason why americans are killed in Iraq is that you invaded the #ing country! And now you wonder why, ou why are they killing us?

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
who knows? i mean look, here in america, we've got gang warfare. it's like national warfare on a neighborhood level, who's to say that gangs wouldn't fight as resistance cells if america were invaded. same thing iraq, gangs of people could easily organise underground resistance movements, not for saddam, but merely to be against america. in their world, it's prestegious, none of them like us too much, and they'd be more thanhappy to kill a soldier.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Think about it:

You got no job, no real income.
You got no electricity, or any running water.
You hafta go outside to a communal latrine to crap.
You gotta walk 45 minutes to get a jug of water and some free rice, maybe some veggies.
It's freaking hot outside.
Your neightbor is an ex-cop who always disliked you.
Your other neighbor is a thief who admires your few meager belongings.
The only items of substantial value that you own are your house and your Kalashnikov-47.
There are alot of really heavily-armed foreigners in the streets, always giving you the hairy eyeball and yelling at you to "move along". They also frisk you for weapons and repeatedly hassle you about where you live, what you do, etc.
They say they are the law but dont really enforce it. They seem more concerned about pointing guns at you and keeping themselves alive than helping out.

Its amazing that more shooting isn't going on right now.

If we had these condictions in the US, it would be a freaking free-for-all that would make Mogadishu look like downtown Paris on a sunny summer afternoon.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hey guys, I got news for you.

After WW2, Germany was still dangerous for the Allied soldiers. Germany cames to be safe many years AFTER the end of the war.

And Germany was a Western Nation, not a Middle-East Nation. Imagine how long it will takes with Irak.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Americans did thier job in taking out Saddam.
Its cleary evident that no WMD are going to be found.
its time thier presence is gone from the country.
being in canada, if another country were to invade and set about thier own rules, i would not be happy.
Deep

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Do you think the people killing troops are the same ones trying to form a new government, or do you think they are part of the murdering tyraants faithful?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Second option + some terrorist faction who didn't leave Irak. And probably some anger Irakis who don't want to see the US soldiers staying in Irak too much.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Do you think the people killing troops are the same ones trying to form a new government, or do you think they are part of the murdering tyraants faithful?
UP answered the second. I agree. I must admit the first as well. There are ones that want to make a government free of USA intrusions.

Sorry, but that is a worthless question with no definite answer: both are true.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Anything done in this world comes with "costs"; some unecessary, some, necessary.

Time is the over-all solution and time is whats going to be needed in Iraq.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join