It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Jones tests positive again. UFC moves location of event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

At least we still get to see the fight. All we can hope for is a gus KO.

They said trace amount the last time he got popped.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: TinySickTears

At least we still get to see the fight. All we can hope for is a gus KO.

They said trace amount the last time he got popped.

I would love to see a Gus KO.....but he didn't seen to have the power the first fight....he landed an incredible amount of power shots but Jones ate them all like a good little boy...Gus gets his hots off tofast his hans are to fluid and fast for Jones to handle....and to top it off Gus has learned how to use his elbows to slash Jones open to now....during the 1st fight Gus played it clean and straight up it was Jones who was losing the fight clearly who suddenly went for the slicing elbows looking for a beggars stoppage ….this is a tactic that the MMA world MUST REMOVE...there should never be standing striking with the SPINNING elbows allowed that is a potential kill shot if landed on the temple and there is no headgear in play..... elbows on the bottom are an entirely different animal.

Actually in MMA fights where some idiot wants to play slice and dice on purpose....there should be no contest stoppages.Not a win for ripping someones skin open in a contact sport.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Screw Dana White....he could take MMA to the next level but he doesn't see it....he may not ever...but the time is now IMHO...and if you wait the INDUSTRY will possibly be damaged forever.

I really lost a big part of my interest in the entire sport after watching Jones get the win against Gus..... I have been all-in since Forrest Griffen and Friends....mostly because I preferred realism over the BS of Pro Wrestling entertainment and I was tired of 40 years of Pro boxing fraud and snowflake performances that just didn't even seem real anymore. Then I watched Jones get DOMINATED AND DECIMATED by Gus and still get the win...Like a kick to the balls it made me want to puke....that was a good ass whupping and a great MMA fight....ruined by incompetence...and dereliction...and a refusal to see a new and bigger future for the UFC and for MMA.....I wouldn't have even supported giving Jones a rematch after Gus beat him because it was so one-sided to me...I would have made him waste one or two fights before I gave him another shot.

i dont know man

i watched that fight last night and gus did not get robbed.

that was a damn good fight btw.

gus definitely won some rounds. took jones down. defended well but the last 2 rounds jon turned it on.
gus was getting rocked with head kicks.

im hoping he puts jon away this time.

jon is one of those dudes though that you just dont bet against.

i also would never say he beat so and so just cause he was on the juice.

maybe.
maybe not.

i think it is stupid to test at all.
too many people getting past it and rule bends for # like jon.

we dont test wink wink just like pride

bring it

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
why draw the line at roids?

i know nothing about it but it seems stupid to me when its like this turnibol or whatever it is called over here is against the rules.

but taking 2 dozen pill supplements plus mountains of creatine and whey and all this other engineered # is fine.

cryo therapy? fine
injections of # into the joints? fine

just seems silly.

the one that really works is the one you cant do.
just let them do it.

theyre doing it all anyway and the rules do not seem to be clear. kind of making them up as they go along.

and not literally all. of course

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are ways to break the rules that are not steroi related...steroids are a path of most resistance when you consider what they do and how they are utilised by the body....there are better ways to cheat.

Its a lazy Athlete not willing to properly manage their supplement usage that is caught breaking the rules...pay the right people and follow your routine and you will have no problems.

BTW...Gus stuffed so many of Jones takedown attempts they should be calling him Stovetop.....lol...he not only laid tons of hand on Jones face but he stuffed him like a Thanksgiving Turkey.

IMHO Jones is a bit of a coward who looks to use the elbows as weapons to cut to get easy wins....to me is like being lazy....not being the best of anything....don't people think MMA fighters could have been using these same elbows LIKE FOREVER...but they didn't out of simple safety and respect.

There are lots of reasons to not like Jones....he makes it very difficult to respect him....his internal dictionary stopped at delusional and never made it to humble.

Spend the right amount of money on the right Coaches and you will not get busted doing what a lot of high level athletes do...push the envelope.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

i dont see it that way

elbows are a legitimate technique. acceptable within the current rule set

and they are effective too

he uses what he is allowed to use. thats called fighting smart.

he also uses oblique kicks and eliptical kicks to the lead leg/knee too

people say this is dirty as well but again. acceptable within the rules and very effective

he is a smart fighter. he knows what works

an elbow coming across and slicing you open works very well

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh hell yes.
There are a lot of amazing fighters that moved to Bellator and are very out right about how much better they are treated now.
It all comes down to money.

A fighter can’t survive off $5000 for 5 months of training.
Low payouts result in higher amounts of injuries ;
Too many fights in a short period, over training ..etc

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont see it that way

elbows are a legitimate technique. acceptable within the current rule set

and they are effective too

he uses what he is allowed to use. thats called fighting smart.

he also uses oblique kicks and eliptical kicks to the lead leg/knee too

people say this is dirty as well but again. acceptable within the rules and very effective

he is a smart fighter. he knows what works

an elbow coming across and slicing you open works very well

I agree with you about the rules...and on that note I would love to see Gus lay into Jones LIVER.....lol...Jones is a snowflake IMHO and he s in terrible shape....he reminds me of the guy Weidman tuned in the same kind of fighter out of shape and skinny.....just HAMMER THEM IN THE LIVER FROM BEHIND and its game over....Tyson knocked out a LOT OF guys after first connecting with a liver shot to soften them up with the delayed leg wobble...so same with Jones....get inside throw from the sides in combos on all 3 levels and make them bombs...powershots-uppercuts-livershots…...3 punch or more combos.....start up high to expose the liver....Jones is not built to take liver shots...he has no protective muscle mass.....weakest physical link in his chain.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

i do love a liver shot

bas rutten used to preach those

ever see overeem vs brock? this was overeem back when he was ubereem.

hit brock with a liver shot that dropped him a few seconds later and that was it

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i do love a liver shot

bas rutten used to preach those

ever see overeem vs brock? this was overeem back when he was ubereem.

hit brock with a liver shot that dropped him a few seconds later and that was it

Having felt the horrible creep of the Liver crush and having felt myself shutting down when I dd not expect it....well it wasn't something I knew about.....lol..and lately I have reviewed a lot of Tysons old fights and I began to realise that the announcers and analysts were MISSING liver shots Tyson was landing in his viscious combo....seriously completely missing them....simply because BEFORE the liver quiver would set in Tyson would have already landed 2-3-4 more power shots....his combo work on all levels up and down your body was exquisite...his biggest strength IMHO......power shots doing damage on every single level as he came up from his powerbase throwing bombs from both sides and up the middle.What I call the most complete attack a human can execute on another.Overwhelming.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
damn the presser sucks

jon keeps saying he only had a pictogram in his system which is of course wrong

now he is saying what they just found is so small it almost shouldnt have been brought up

rogan was live with the golden snitch an hour or so ago. should be uploaded in another hour.

should be interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join