It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we control information or does information control us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some information gives us useful information....

Some "information" is pure BS.....

If you can't tell the difference...who's fault is that?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

A symbiotic loop, sure, but even if they did create each other like that the mind wouldn't have come first.

It IS a symbiosis, Imo... But not a natural one, a forced one. Information, without consciousness, can be construed as the mechanic and principle of reality; in that it serves as the structure of said reality.

Once consciousness enters the scene, Everything changes- consciousness' defining feature is the ability to analyze and alter the information it receives, both physically and mentally; and react to not just the information received and it's process' but also to the process of analysis and alteration.

Imagine 'information' in this light- a structure designed to highlight and communicate an immaculate concept- an idea, a seed(given no monitor, no recipient, this communication will happen via manifestation). Not too much of a step, then, to imagine this as the supposed Elohim, or Angels- beings rigid and inflexible, born to embody their specific role, just as information does.

Imagine if one of these "angels" these Messengers right conveyors of ideas, enforcers of divine mandate... Refused to be subservient to consciousness (pride) and instead rebelled against them and against the tide... Taking others with him.

How important would it be to know who they are?

OP, the answer is both. These "angels" the ones termed Fallen, they are also called Archons. Their power is essentially memetic in ability and the more powerful memes literally propagate themselves.

However the interaction between consciousness and information or ideas happens as a dialogue. Consciousness alone dies because an aware mind craves feedback the way we need oxygen; for without it we are doomed to insanity via boredom or degredation. While ideas seek to be manifested and love the amplification they can find in humans who receive them through a process termed inspiration whose exact nature is still being analyzed; information is a steady and permanent expedient, if narrower in scope and broader in content But as we all know can be cruel vindictive and most certainly dangerous
edit on 24-12-2018 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We control information. The sheer physics of it all says we couldn’t do otherwise.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'd indicate that information controls us.

Of course this comes off as a chicken or egg coming first scenario. In it's most primitive of aspects, the brain is simply a bio chemically operated learning computer. The brain is seeking to adapt to the information it is receiving or it is preparing to perish. If one wishes to learn, adaptation comes easy. If one is not adapting to the quickly paced changing world, then information input starts on journeys of being misconstrued.

In the common brain the limbic system is serving the prefrontal lobes. Channeling information in this direction leads to environmental and emotional taking helm of actions taken based on information. It is not uncommon for a fear or uncertainty to weigh heavy on information processing and the actions taken as a result of that processing information. Well, a fear or uncertainty is not of information that is credible at all times. In fact, being that a fear is an estimated outcome of actions, to indicate a fear as a reality of information is quite inaccurate.

On the other hand, when the prefrontal cortex runs the ship, and the limbic system serves as a slave to the prefrontal cortex then one finds a more stable base of accurate information.

No matter what though, when the brain gets convinced that information is real the amygdala runs the show, and that information will cause one to either fight, flight, or freeze.

Don't believe me, then get on a VR unit and try a game called 'Richie's Plank Experience.' I stood in a 10' x 10' mat, but was my brain was being fed information that I was going out on that damn plank. Never in my life was I frozen by an imaginary source of information before, and it was freaky as hell. I could not believe that I fully knew I would be okay, yet my brain would not let me take a step forward as it feared the certain death that would result if I stepped out onto the same plane I was standing on.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

A P0 code means that this is a standard code that any vehicle part of the OBDII protocol can illunminate for. A P1 code indicates that it is manufacturer specific, and that a system of specific is at fault. The 343 indicates the parameter of faults the systems correlate to. This number indicates numerous possibilities of fault, and does NOT indicate the exact fault within a vehicle. It is of the responsibility of the technician repairing the fault(s) to track down a few possibilities to a singular source.

Had I not used information to learn OBDII protocol, I'd have to trust another source of information to fix my vehicle too. It is not because of what I know that makes a reality that I have always found the source of fault when a vehicle is broke down that lives with so called 'ghosts,' but the reality that I know where to find the information I need to progress that fixes vehicles for me.

I would not have done that repair without installing an OEM crankshaft position sensor by the way...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Information definitely controls us.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
We control information. The sheer physics of it all says we couldn’t do otherwise.

I think so too. If information controls people, it's because they let it.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Every time I'm online I see information controlling people.
edit on 24-12-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obi Wan said it best...

"Who's more of the fool, the fool or the one following him."
edit on 24-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's not possible to function if you reject all information. Good or bad, you must accept some of it. Like playing cards, you can choose which cards you play but ultimately, you play the hand you're dealt.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
It's not possible to function if you reject all information. Good or bad, you must accept some of it. Like playing cards, you can choose which cards you play but ultimately, you play the hand you're dealt.

Or.........you just throw in the towel and walk away from the table. You don't have to play the game.

Information is definitely being used to control people, to inform their decision making processes. That's quite obvious to even the casual observer. If you keep up with the MSM news you'll note that "they", the controllers of the informational messaging, decided several months ago to take down Facebook; in November and to an even greater extent they "informed" the huge hedge fund, ETF, pension fund and mutual fund managers to sell stocks to take the market down post the mid-terms to insure their preferred outcome in the race for POTUS in 2020. They have succeeded and will continue to succeed.

Sunday on CNN the debate was about the extent that ALL social media is a threat to the elites vision for "Democracy" and arguments were made that all content on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook should be regulated, moderated and subject to rules that would, for the most part, render the sites mute except as Public Service Announcements to the general public.

They who control the information control everything.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I was considering our relationship to the coming hive mind and how we look at and experience information and came to this conclusion.

We currently probably have the cultural view that we are in control of the information we discover but I wonder if that's not exactly true. Could new discoveries, new perspectives and new what's essentially new information actually be the guiding force of our current world rather than us?

Hmmm..

Discuss.

"Hive Mind" has such a negative conotation - don't ya think. A loss of autonomy of the individual.

I look at it differently - and in a manner that is available to us now - religions speak of this in allegorical manner.

A form of collective wisdom/consciousness that we all can access/make use of if we are in a resonant mindset.

How you personally accesses this spiritual resource is an individual journey laid out by consistent conscious effort and practice.

An everyday awareness of such a limitless resource would radically transform society and I am hopeful that such will come to pass.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

"Hive Mind" has such a negative conotation - don't ya think. A loss of autonomy of the individual.

maybe the amount of autonomy we have is actually an illusion? or limited in ways we can't yet understand
edit on 24-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: toms54

Or.........you just throw in the towel and walk away from the table. You don't have to play the game.
They who control the information control everything.

You don't have to play the game? What does that even mean? Kill yourself?

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I'm not setting this motor up for a Cannon Ball run,, so I might be able to talk my friend into trying a Sardine can shim (at least as a test) which won't cost him anything. He already bought a new valve cover gasket to fix a leak.

I'm not looking forward to removing heads.

edit on 25-12-2018 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join