It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Car thefts decreased quite a bit though. Agree?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ok, that's just a joke! but do we really think people won't find a way to get over, under, cut through or via ultralight over a wall?

BTW, I'm all for a wall, I like defined spaces, but I think we are putting way too much focus on a barrier, and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here.

People keep suggesting it is just a wall.. Yes it is a physical barrier, along with motion detectors, drones, patrols, so on and so on...

I can kick your door in, so I guess you do not need to lock it, but you do. But then it is not just a locked door, you might have an alarm, a dog, home with a gun, the police on fast dial...Hmmm maybe I will not kick your door in...get my point?

OK, how do we "solve" the problem that 6 billion people would love to come to America?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know. Until some ms13 dude moves in next door. Sells some coke to their kid and steals their Amazon packages. Thats what it'll take, I'm afraid, for some to realize the dangers of unvetted folks coming through. A wall, while not stopping everyone, will stop most. If one bag of spinach has salmonella, we recall all of it, just to be safe.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Yes a little, point I'm making is it won't deter those that are determined, it will likely stop many of those illegals that are not hard core criminals, the ones that come to work those jobs nobody else does and those businesses rely on to stay viable.

It's a very messy situation and the ruling class profit from all this mess, be sure they don't want to lose their cash cow either.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: whywhynot

That's right some people, I'm sure this wall will also stop some people... Now do you understand?

The simple truth of the matter is that in 2016 alone, 2 years ago, im sure its gone up since then, the US Taxpayer spent 18.5 BILLION dollars, on healthcare for illegals, and thats just the ones we could document.......thats 18.5 billion in healthcare , emergency and otherwise alone......

If the Wall only stopped 20 percent of whats coming in, it would pay for itself, within 2 years or so, if not faster, and we would see costs to the Taxpayer go down.......

Like i said , thats ONLY the healthcare angle, there are many other costs associated with illegal immigrants, you can imagine how fast that return on investment will accumulate.......again even if it just stemmed the tide of 20% of those coming over......

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

But what Fox DOES talk about are the Dumocrap sanctuary cities that protect these illegals that overstay their visas...Those will be dealt with after the wall is in place so they can't sneak back across the border...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That's pretty messed up, the citizens are always the ones that get screwed over.

Either way in my opinion you guys get screwed over on this, those illegals that do the fruit picking and farming if they can't get in you will be importing fruit and veg from China, the farms will close down and everyone loses. You can be damn sure the hardcore crims and the drug runners will find other ways in, it's really a damned if you do and damned if you don't reality.

Even punishing the businesses for hiring illegals is useless because who will fill the jobs?

I have no answers in this I just think the wall is not a real solution, however I'm not a never waller so build the dam thing already and let's see what happens..

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
humans have been using wall fortifications forever

for a reason

it's not just a wall it is a fortification don't get it mixed up

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Even punishing the businesses for hiring illegals is useless because who will fill the jobs?

The farmers will be forced to stop taking advantage of illegals that will take any wage they can, and actually pay a fair wage, I see that as a good thing!

yeah its gonna hurt for a bit, but its a bandaid that needs to be ripped off IMHO

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It will be about as effective as prisons are in stopping crime...

But Prisons have walls right? And they are pretty damm effective at keeping people in and out

AMIRITE?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
How the hell can a giant wall with guards every few miles and cameras set up not be effective?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes. There should be a 1000 feet wide moat added on the US side of the wall stocked with live alligators and hippopotamus (one of the most dangerous animals known to man). Will make em think twice, for sure.
edit on 24-12-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Fair enough. I'm all for legal immigration. And I know a lot of folks that are here without going through the process. I totally understand where they're coming from. But it can't continue if we expect to keep our quality of life. It should be obvious to everyone who isn't blinded by their feelings. I see walls every where the rich reside. Why?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Allaroundyou

A wall is a cheaper, more permanent alternative.

That is why so many don't want it.

www.hcn.org...

Since the early 1990s,65 tunnels have been discovered in the Otay Mesa area, mostly built for drug trafficking. But human smugglers sometimes use existing storm drains to ferry migrants across, too. In the U.S., finding and dismantling those tunnels (the “subterranean threat” in Border Patrol lingo) falls to a little-known group of agents within the agency — the Confined Spaces Entry Team, or simply, the Tunnel Rats.

At the U.S.-Mexico border, tunnels are a popular means of transporting illegal marijuana – a bulky drug whose distinctive odor makes it hard to get past drug-sniffing dogs and other security at border checkpoints and airports. Since 1990, more than220 tunnels have been discovered there, including 60 in the area overseen by the U.S. Border Patrol’s San Diego office.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

For that to work farmers need to be making more money.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

A wall won't be 100% effective.

But it will be effective.

Tunnels are no reason to not build a wall.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

But Prisons have walls right? And they are pretty damm effective at keeping people in and out

AMIRITE?

So you equate this wall to being a prison, interesting...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

AMIRITE?

So you equate this wall to being a prison, interesting...

LMAO Deflect much?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Prisons ARE NOT meant to stop crime.
Where in HADES did you hear that ?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

Where did they cross it at then ?
France ?
Canada ?
Zimbabwe ?
Mars ?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join