It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In 2013, President Obama announced that an almost 700 mile long barrier separating U.S. from Mexico was almost complete.

Source from 2013: www.politifact.com...

The bill that enabled this barrier to be built, received 80 bi-partisan votes in the U.S. Senate.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JAGStorm

People always find a way, its what we do.

That being adapt and overcome obstacles, even walls. LoL

That's preposterous, everyone knows walls can't be breeched, I've seen the zombie movies where they all stand there at the base of the wall moaning and groaning unable to get past.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ask yourself this – what are all those cameras at the intersections for?
What purpose are all those cameras on the freeway and everywhere else serve?
They are for the purpose of facial identification to imprison these special snowflakes...

One of the main talking points that Trump drove home, again and again, was ridding the country of the illegal aliens.

A deal maker was elected and now occupies the White House.
What deals will be made between federal agencies, Wall Street and other nations that satisfy the people, the war machine and Wall Street?

"Thinking out of the box again"

We could be told, by the mainstream media and federal government, this is necessary – and what you wanted – in order to get the "bad guys" out of the country.
Trump could institute a federalized police force through the Department of Homeland Security...mercenaries will need a job...voila! Problem solved.
Illegals begin to be deported (what the people want) by the newly formed federal police force.
Just like the Drug War is blatantly unconstitutional, an illegitimate function of government, its what the people asked for.

The problems this will cause will range from innocent people being harassed to innocent people being killed.

A little thought about our current situation and these points can very easily be made.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You are correct. The wall is not enough. We also need to track visa overstays, end chain migration, end the diversity lottery, enforce laws against hiring illegals, require e verify, the whole list. But the wall will do for a start.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Life er er er...finds a way.

These cartels are a crafty breed with a wicked amount of resources, hell they use catapults to fling drugs over the border. As for the refugees well the cartels will see a boom in fake document forgery.

The wall is like a mountain-you can go over it, under it, or around it. It's not infallible.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

Which border did they cross? The Canadian border?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It will be about as effective as prisons are in stopping crime...

Just imagine crime rates without prisons

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

. Does anyone really think the cartels will not pay off American political figures to get what they want?

They already have. Let’s see now, remind me who is against the wall?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

This isn't fact, what is fact though, is that your wrong.

The majority of drugs also do not come over the border in Mexico.

This is also false. Fact is the majority of drugs i.e. heroin, coc aine, meth and marijuana do in fact come in to the states through the Mexican border. Check DEA stats.

I find it funny that you would make the statement below about Grambler and then turn around and post false BS. You obviously don't know what your talking about or just trolling, IDK. I see your new but you should really check your facts before posting because people here will call you out if it's BS.

a reply to: Grambler

I read one of your posts the other day, and looked it up. It was not true, the things you were saying. Your link was fake news.

edit on 23-12-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It would definitely be effective and drastically reduce the number of people illegally trying to cross. The coc aine tide will also be significantly reduced. And cheap labor. The liberal techies won't be too thrilled with that. No coke or kale? Like, where's my avacado and, like, my quinoa? Like, where'd the coke go? Like, like, omg, my Instagram sucks now.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ok, that's just a joke! but do we really think people won't find a way to get over, under, cut through or via ultralight over a wall?

BTW, I'm all for a wall, I like defined spaces, but I think we are putting way too much focus on a barrier, and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here.

Sadly, you're right..No...it won't. Its just a another barrier to overcome.

Until a time when we accept, help, share and feel for our fellow humankind....no matter the color, race or creed...there will always be a "wall" between us.

We all need to find away man...women...children...are not "illegal" nor "legal"...but brothers and sisters sharing this small blue dot in space, somehow, someway...together.

We've a long way to go....and much to be done so we all can live in peace, love, prosperity and equalness, shared. Instead of building walls...we need to start tearing them down.

Merry Christmas to all...and Peace, Love and Light.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Until the cartel moves in next door to you. I'm sure they feel the same as you. At least lettuce would still be cheap.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Pacifists die first

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why dont you read up on the Israel wall? I know you have heard this before so why dont you do it then get back to me on how their wall doesnt work.

Oh and by the way its not going to be just a plane old wall dude. The southern U.S. border wall will have several layers of security. The wall will be dug far into the ground to help prevent diggers, it will have groumd vibration sensors to detect diggers, motion sensors to detect would be intruders and alert the nearest officials. Etc etc.

Prisons have walls, do they work?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Pacifists die first

Then.."Be the change you wish you see in the world"...

We need walls now ...we are so lost....but we need each other more....Sooner or later....and I'm no dove nor pacifist...but...human.

And a wall is not an answer...but an obstacle to overcome, dig under, fly over or go around....it solves one problem, while creating many more...to also work around, climb over, tunnel under...so when does it end?

Thanks....Peace
edit on 23-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I wish everyone had your ideals. I really do. But they don't. Most don't. And it sucks. But that's the reality of this world. Do you lock your doors at home? Be the change you want to see and leave your front door open all the time. Do you dare?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

The wall is inexpensive, effective and has people really nervous.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Some people need to be behind bars and society is safer for it, however prison doesn't stop people from being criminals, just like the wall will be only an ineffective barrier for those that are dead set on getting in .

It reminds me of car security, the security systems were so good the thieves couldn't crack them so instead the thieves waited at the vehicle owners home to take the keys off them directly. People will find a way to get past pretty much anything.
edit on 23-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Some people need to be behind bars and society is safer for it, however prison doesn't stop people from being criminals, just like the wall will be only an ineffective barrier for those that are dead set on getting in .

It reminds me of car security, the security systems were so good the thieves couldn't crack them so instead the thieves waited at the vehicle owners home to take the keys off them directly. People will find a way to get past pretty much anything.

You are living a fantasy. I know people that the one thingthat keeps them from criminal activities is the fear of going to jail, in some cases again.

Wake up!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

That's right some people, I'm sure this wall will also stop some people... Now do you understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join