It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Recent MSL MastCam Images

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
These images were de-bayered to convert them from grayscale to RBG color. Used GIMP with the G'MIC plug-in and the bayer reconstruction feature. It works pretty good, but is not exact and that is why the color is off a bit in places.

Then stitched the images together with Hugin. It was done pretty quick and dirty without much blending and touch-up. Still some nice views so I though I would share them here. Links are to the full size images on flickr if interested. The source images came from Midnight Planets

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

edit on 23-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: Image Credit NASA/JPL/ect.. of course

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The 3rd image down, I see some sort of alien structure. Looks like an old Martian 7-11 or something.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I see patterns that remind me of moss/grass and flowering plants. A painting by Monet would be just so.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
These are great, well done and thanks for sharing them.

I personally use Microsoft ICE to stitch panoramas, have you tried it? It's very simple and very efffective.

Wish Photosynth.net was still around, it allowed you to upload an ICE panorma straight there for immersive 360-degree view.

Here's a mosaic I assembled from raw images back in the day: www.pictureshack.us...

edit on 24-12-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Very cool!

S&F!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Thanks. I have not used Windows since I quit gaming more than 5 years ago. I run Linux and don't have Wine or anything set up to run Microsoft ICE, but I hear it is nice.

Awesome pano of Mt. Sharp!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks FDC!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I see patterns that remind me of moss/grass and flowering plants. A painting by Monet would be just so.

You are welcome to print it to canvas if you like

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Great shots - thanks for sharing!

There could be some interesting items in the last image. I’m going to try and clean it up a bit to see if it can be made more clear.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Thanks and good luck. The bayer images kinda suck. NASA must have a better way to de-bayer them.

top topics

join