It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to PEW research center over 50% of Muslims support the implementation of Sharia Law

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yup.. Islam sucks, but so do most religions. The only thing different is education. More education and comfortable living will create less hardcore versions of religions.

Christianity says we can stone witches to death and it also condones slavery.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Then why do a majority of christians include the whole bible in their teachings? The Bible is filled with anger, slavery, brutal revenge, stoning, etc....

When Christianity teaches strictly to the positive stuff and removes the hatred, then you can talk.

The Quran might be a bit worse than the Bible, but both are filled with terrible things.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why compare it only to the teachings of Jesus? As fas as I know Old Testament is pretty much a christian book and is as nasty as qoran.

I do hope that this global push for islam is to show the true face of religions and later outlaw them all. Amen
edit on 24-12-2018 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

To be fair there was another poll linked that specified..........and it was pretty close to the same as the original, in the way of how punishment should be dealt out.........and the numbers showed they favored the forms of punishment.......

...among the Asian group, if I recall correctly. However, we should also acknowledge that there are Christian groups calling for the same kinds of things particularly in respect to homosexual and transsexual individuals. As with the Muslims, the more educated someone is and the more they are in contact with others, the less reasonable that stance seems to them.

This all being said........i dont think any of this is a fair representation, because the numbers are so low on the polled...[

its like questioning 1000 americans about something and then drawing a conclusion........

It also depends on WHERE it was taken.....

Pew's methods are pretty solid (I've seen some of the behind-the-scenes stuff where they lay out the REAL question that they ask for the data. You can see it, too - they're open about it.) In many cases they will ask the same question or a similar question somewhere else in the process to make sure they understand just how the person feels.

True, it's a bit self-selecting but they do try to account for this when they do the hard numbers.

Just incidentally, their results are pretty much in line with what I know from having Muslim friends, being around Muslims, and encountering them elsewhere in the world. The hard-liners are not the majority and even the hard-liners can't agree on a lot of things.

If you want to totally destroy that hard line, all you have to do is support schools for girls in that area and support internet programs in that language that show western Muslims. Give a kid a new dream, and change the world.
edit on 24-12-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

please actually understand what " sharia " is before making threads - thanks

I think this is a losing battle, frankly (yes, I have Muslim friends and I know what Sharia is.)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The whole bible is included because it prophesized the coming of the messiah & because Jesus is Jewish. When Jesus returns, Jewish people will also become Christians. Christianity focuses on the teachings of Jesus. I suggest you read his teachings so you can better understand the Christian religion. Even If your're not a Christian, Jesus still had good advice for others to follow, which can make the world a better place for everyone. Many who claim to be Christian don't follow Jesus' teachings. Also, both Judaism & Islam both follow the old testament. Mohammed just perverted it. Does Israel execute gays? Do Jews deny women's rights? Do Jews promote pedophilia & the sexual mutilation of young girls? Do Jews call for the elimination of other races? Do Jews promote slavery?

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Putting the religious aspect aside, Sharia Law is a barbaric crime against humanity. Those that defend it and wish its implementation are apparently lacking in common conscience, decency, and lack any amount of social humanitarianism. Why bother attempting to bring political affiliation into the equation unless your actually attempting to defend this barbaric and antiquated b.s.? Oh Trump blah blah blah, meme this, meme that, biased news story here, convoluted viewpoint there, it's getting old. This is a horrible thing to subjugate any population to, end of story.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
PewNews is really becoming a credible news source.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, this is from 2013 and Muslims from Muslim countries were polled, sooooooo......

I see no difference between Muslims wanting Sharia Law than Christian Republicans who want to impose their religion onto all US citizens because religion.

Hypocrisy strikes again as ATS conservatives cry in fear about Sharia Law meanwhile support Republican politicians who cater to evangelical Christians and try to push religious policy onto America.

The difference is you will defend Islam, which is arguably and noticably a far dirtier, far darker, and wholly more totalitarian.

I agree they both need total destruction, but the Muslims are gonna get the sword first..and with much more vigor from me.

Not one redeeming act or anything at all comes from Islam...and they rival hindus in trying to look as ugly and pathetic as possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what script they're following. IF Allah begs to differ fate of the race will be different from sharia. a more advanced interpretation may not agree with the initial impressions
edit on 25-12-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Yup.. Islam sucks, but so do most religions. The only thing different is education. More education and comfortable living will create less hardcore versions of religions.

Christianity says we can stone witches to death and it also condones slavery.

Ahem...no it dont. OT law is for the hebrews. Christians these days are to live by the NT rules because those were made for the gentiles and rest of the non hebrews.

Cathololicism should be renamed because they are trying to apply hebrew law to non hebrews.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

can't stop laughing at the bull# report.... thx for deep enduring belly laugh.....just showed this to my family..we all thx you OP .... MERRY XMAS TO ALL including the goat humpers...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Any Muslim that disputes this poll or says that they don't support the implementation of Sharia Law is a liar and is engaging in Taquiyya.

Fifth column infiltrators that don't assimilate in any society that is non-Muslim.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's all a load of nonsense anyway..

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

can you explain why merkin " christians " [ who are almost always non - catholic denominations ] are :

so obsesed with having " 10- commandments monuments " outside govt buildings and in public spaces

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I’ve said it once and I will continue to do so. Islam is NOT compatible with our western values. Anyone who advocates giving backward religious nut jobs a wide birth, needs psychiatric help.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It says 50% worldwide.
So what is the ratio of that 50% between eastern and western countries.?

As im guessing the majority will be already living under the sharia law.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting read

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I am not surprised to see Kosovo Muslim Population favoring it.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Homosexuality is only one of many sins, so don't get obsessed with that.

As for homosexuality, it's a societal debate, and not just a religious debate.

This is just one of many issues which anyone could be concerned with

www.bbc.co.uk...

Doctors have expressed "huge concern" that super-gonorrhoea has spread widely across England and to gay men.
'We've been worried it would spread to men who have sex with men," Peter Greenhouse, a consultant in sexual health based in Bristol, told BBC News...."The problem is [they] tend to spread infections a lot faster simply as they change partners more quickly."

I mean I could link other stuff - I don't look into this, but I know that there is stuff out there.

So here is the problem. Medical doctors take the position that homosexuals are spreading anti-biotic resistant drugs far faster than any other group of people, because, for one reason, they are much more promiscuous that any other group.

Of course, someone could cry that this is homophobic and so forth.

And maybe it is, but at least according to the medical profession, homosexuality is a huge contributor to superbugs. So this could mean that someone who's asexual, never had a sexual partner, could potentially die because they contracted a superbug, and it couldn't be treated.

So I think that focusing on religion in terms of homosexuality is a cop out to what can very much be regarded as a secular concern.
edit on 26-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join