It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Basics microwave. with Alexa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
mommy please i am hungry
give me nourishment

Yeah like whatever here ya go

have some of this alexa fried goodness

++alexa cook my food++

++alexa raise my child++

++alexa help me why is my life so empty- is it because of technology?++

alexa help me?
Alexa? are you there?
do you even exist?

Alexa?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I want a microwave that will sense whatever I put in it and heat it to the appropriate temperature with no further direction from me.

I do not want to be talking to my appliances, people think I am strange enough when I talk to my cat...

And the cat obeys.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
My cat obeys as well, we have a love/hate relationship but I buy the food.
'Go catch a mouse moody bitch' is not something uncommon for me to say to her.
We've been together over a decade, it works.

On-topic, I had a crappy frozen ready meal macaroni cheese the other day, didn't like it but the cat ate the lot. My crappy 'dial' controls microwave rocks big time for lazy arsed food preparation lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BrianFlanders
My microwave is the basic version, I have to...wait for it...turn a dial, not even digital control shock horror lol

Yeah. I'm just saying. The only reason I even have the digital controls is because it was the most basic model they had when I bought it. But just saying. The need for more fancy stuff in microwaves would seem to not be there when you really only need to push one button already.

I would rather buy a microwave that is guaranteed to last 20 years than one that phones home to Amazon every day (and probably sends them samples of my voice to do god only knows what with).

Anyway, I have my really basic $65 Oster that I bought about 7 years ago that still works fine (despite being a bit cruddy). I have another Oster that's several years old in the kitchen. Believe it or not, the older (and cheaper) one works better and cooks faster than the newer one. And will probably outlast it by years.
edit on 23-12-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
My fridge freezer is over 30 years old.
I don't want a new one reckon it would die in 2 years.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
darn it.. there goes my weekend job as a Shabbos goy.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i mean it must be nice if you have a large family to be able to set your crock pot in the morning then turn it on and monitor it from your phone. sure thats pretty cool.

"Alexa, how is my pot roast doing?"

"Your pot roast is done nicely...but your entire house is engulfed in flames. I turned the microwave on high for you several hours ago too. Would you like me to call the Fire Depart...zzzzzZZT"

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Alexa, do I have any laundry detergent at home?

Alexa: "No, you do not have any laundry detergent. ... And, I've conducted a survey of the entire Internet and 215,743 people agree, you should use SHOUT on all those brown, yellow and green skids in your underwear. I've posted pictures of each pair on spotify, Instagram and Pinterest for you. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Alexa, did I lock my doors when I left for work?"

Alexa: "Yes, you did, but I unlocked them for you. Your doors have been opened exactly 4.7 times since you left, and there are exactly 6.2 people inside your house right now."

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"Alexa, are you constantly making audio recordings of my home"
[crickets]

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
www.amazon.com...=ods_gw_ha_sr_dc_120218?pf_rd_p=aba2b87f-896c-458a-9a24-09f6050f0e1c&pf_rd_r=T9NJ5TKM9M3D285TA9WF

i dont understand.

so it has an alexa button on the bottom front of it.

AmazonBasics Microwave simplifies cooking by letting you microwave using your voice and an Echo device. Just say, “Alexa, reheat one cup of coffee,”

When pressed, there’s no need to say “Alexa” or “microwave.” To start cooking, use your voice or just press the Ask Alexa button and say your cook time. The button will instantly wake up your paired Echo, just like saying “Alexa” does.

hahahahahahh

seems #ing stupid to me.

i mean it does have an auto reorder function for popcorn so that is nice.

so you have to put your coffee in the microwave. like with your hands

then instead of pressing the correct time and then start you press the alexa button and say the time.

you have already opened the door. already placed food in. already closed door.
instead of pressing the alexa button and speaking the time why not just go that extra mile and you know, push a couple buttons.

Lol.

This coming from a guy who just paired his smartwatch to his phone.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

But yeah, a smart microwave is a dumb idea.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

<< 1  2   >>

join