It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Basics microwave. with Alexa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I bought mine just a few days ago, my combi micro/grill/oven finally died. It was too big for my bin which the council collect so I sneaked out in the night and dumped it in the street knowing the council would have to remove it when a neighbour complained haha.

Haha!
I imagine it didn't take long for one of your fancy pants neighbors to complain!

Back in the summer, there were paint cans in my driveway, I assume the garbage collectors put them there. Someone must have come by in the night and threw them in my can. I guess because we do contracting work, they assumed that they were mine and I was trying to break the rules!

I just took them on my next load to the contractor's dump...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Lol

It's getting harder to dispose of things these days, charges at the processing centre and they only accept so much, if you turn up too often they tell you to pay or piss off.
...sneak it into the street into the dead of night though and the council remove it, and yes, my rich neighbours will be on the phone to authorities first thing in the morning, trash gone by the afternoon lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545580629&sr=8-3&keywords=microwave+with +dial

This actually looks pretty cool. I think I am going dial route next time.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: TinySickTears

Or how about the fridge that lets you press a button to see what’s in there, rather than open the damn door hahaha.

i dont know if you are joking but those exist.

i was at lowes a month ago or so and they had one in there. front door had a huge monitor built into it.
fridge had like 20 cameras or some #.

you could do exactly that.
push the button and see right inside

several thousand dollars

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.bestbuy.com...

Make the kitchen the center of your home. Family Hub helps you manage your home and your life, with Food Management, Family Connection, entertainment and connected living capabilities
— all controlled from a 21.5" touchscreen.
Now with Bixby, an intelligent voice assistant, you can control your Family Hub hands-free from anywhere in your kitchen using simple voice commands.

Three built-in cameras allow you to see inside your refrigerator from anywhere, helping you organize your life:

stupid man

The interactive touchscreen with interactive and customizable widgets allows your family to stay connected:
Sync calendars for all family activities and events, remotely share photos, notes and memos, receive personalized information through voice recognition and challenge each other with daily trivia questions

i wonder if there is a device smaller than a fridge, maybe something we can put in our pocket that would allow us to communicate???

in the 30's families used to gather around the ole transistor radio to sing carter family songs

now families are going to gather around the fridge to watch some youtube bull#

hahahaha

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
250 for a microwave hell no
5k for a fridge

make me something that detects if food is unsafe to eat ... nooo that would acctualy make sence we cant do that

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Oh I know they do lol.
The definition of lazy right there. Hahah

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

...It was too big for my bin which the council collect so I sneaked out in the night and dumped it in the street knowing the council would have to remove it when a neighbour complained haha.

Dirty criminal you,

Lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well according to a few rumbles I've "heard" online Amazon are considering a trial project in the States that would basically be cheap low cost housing for poor people with integrated Alexa through the entire house. From what I'm assuming it'll be literally every part and parcel of the house would be Alex (and therefore Amazon/Government) controlled buildings, and notice the rumour is that it'll be cheap housing for poor people maybe rich people realise how bad it would be to have a faceless company able to digitally control your house lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
At one point, I had the idea of making a microwave with a barcode scanner that would relate time instead of price.

Didn't do anything beyond think about it for a bit, since it didn't seem like too much of an improvement.

But, after seeing all the stuff like this.. I'm rethinking my decisions.

It seems like those designing all these types of items, automation, and IoT are bound and determined to be as frivolous as possible.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Something I had utterly not considered. Cool response.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders
My microwave is the basic version, I have to...wait for it...turn a dial, not even digital control shock horror lol
Lol. Do you still brush your teeth with peat moss and urine? J/k, i haven’t seen a microwave with a knob since the 80’s.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh look!

A bunch of people whining on a piece of technology they don't need about technology they think nobody needs. If you're on a pricey, fancy tablet or a smartphone bitching, I suggest you back up the bus and check yourself.
The irony, so strong it could almost be a cooking source itself.

I don't see the point in the bulk of the connected devices & regular tech out there, either, Specifically, the more you paid for a smartphone, the more stupid I personally think you are. However, the tech is there. Bitching about it isn't going to make it go away, or make you any smarter than anyone else.
If anything, it just makes you look like a sniveling, jealous/envious little s#.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Man you have a bad attitude. Are you the same in real life? Can't have many friends then lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
Lol, I bought it new from a store last week when my old microwave died, dials for the timer, cheapest one on sale, does the job though.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

...It was too big for my bin which the council collect so I sneaked out in the night and dumped it in the street knowing the council would have to remove it when a neighbour complained haha.

Dirty criminal you,

Lol

Haha, it's only a civil matter, littering, £80 fixed penalty if caught.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I’m more interested in quick tips for speeding up cooking times. For instance, I use a microwave bowl, add brussels sprouts or green beans, frozen or fresh and microwave for eight minutes. Then I drain, put seasonings like diced onion garlic oil whatever your taste in a skillet and sauté until fully seasoned. Total cooking time approximately 15 minutes or less.

link   
I’m more interested in quick tips for speeding up cooking times. For instance, I use a microwave bowl, add brussels sprouts or green beans, frozen or fresh and microwave for eight minutes. Then I drain, put seasonings like diced onion garlic oil whatever your taste in a skillet and sauté until fully seasoned. Total cooking time approximately 15 minutes or less.

link   

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jlscribner

Ah but now you can do all that by asking the microwave nicely!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join