It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Basics microwave. with Alexa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...=ods_gw_ha_sr_dc_120218?pf_rd_p=aba2b87f-896c-458a-9a24-09f6050f0e1c&pf_rd_r=T9NJ5TKM9M3D285TA9WF

i dont understand.

so it has an alexa button on the bottom front of it.

AmazonBasics Microwave simplifies cooking by letting you microwave using your voice and an Echo device. Just say, “Alexa, reheat one cup of coffee,”

When pressed, there’s no need to say “Alexa” or “microwave.” To start cooking, use your voice or just press the Ask Alexa button and say your cook time. The button will instantly wake up your paired Echo, just like saying “Alexa” does.

hahahahahahh

seems #ing stupid to me.

i mean it does have an auto reorder function for popcorn so that is nice.

so you have to put your coffee in the microwave. like with your hands

then instead of pressing the correct time and then start you press the alexa button and say the time.

you have already opened the door. already placed food in. already closed door.
instead of pressing the alexa button and speaking the time why not just go that extra mile and you know, push a couple buttons.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I don't see the point in these automated things, I'm no technophobe but is it really so hard to put the lights on with a switch or set the timer for the central heating?!
I don't even talk to Google, I don't like the idea of voice recognition and being recorded...tin foil hat back on lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I don't see the point in these automated things, I'm no technophobe but is it really so hard to put the lights on with a switch or set the timer for the central heating?!
I don't even talk to Google, I don't like the idea of voice recognition and being recorded...tin foil hat back on lol

while we definitely dont need all this # i can see where it is convenient for some.

i mean it must be nice if you have a large family to be able to set your crock pot in the morning then turn it on and monitor it from your phone.
sure thats pretty cool.

the microwave thing is a trip though cause youre already physically touching it to put # in and to press the button for alexa. why not just press the actual buttons for the time then start?

i dont understand this

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't see the point in making threads about things you don't see the point in.

I agree a voice controlled microwave is stupid, since you still have to put whatever in the microwave anyway and the buttons are right there.

But what's your purpose here? Outside of some kind of virtue signaling of how "woke" you think you are?

Seems like a big waste of time.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i mean it must be nice if you have a large family to be able to set your crock pot in the morning then turn it on and monitor it from your phone.
sure thats pretty cool.
That is a cool idea, but I use a slow cooker crock pot and just switch it on before I leave for work, get home hot stew waiting for me. I guess the mobile phone control would be handy if I was working later than expected or something.
What do I know lol, I haven't even got a TV.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I don't see the point in making threads about things you don't see the point in.

I agree a voice controlled microwave is stupid, since you still have to put whatever in the microwave anyway and the buttons are right there.

But what's your purpose here? Outside of some kind of virtue signaling of how "woke" you think you are?

Seems like a big waste of time.

bwuahahahahahaaah

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears I use Alexa, daily. For instance, Alexa how long is my commute?, Alexa, remind me to water the Christmas tree at 10 am, Alexa, Wake me up in an hour. Alexa, Open Radio Mystery Theater. Alexa, what is my Flash Briefing (top news stories). Alexa how do you spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
www.amazon.com...=ods_gw_ha_sr_dc_120218?pf_rd_p=aba2b87f-896c-458a-9a24-09f6050f0e1c&pf_rd_r=T9NJ5TKM9M3D285TA9WF

i dont understand.

so it has an alexa button on the bottom front of it.

AmazonBasics Microwave simplifies cooking by letting you microwave using your voice and an Echo device. Just say, “Alexa, reheat one cup of coffee,”

When pressed, there’s no need to say “Alexa” or “microwave.” To start cooking, use your voice or just press the Ask Alexa button and say your cook time. The button will instantly wake up your paired Echo, just like saying “Alexa” does.

hahahahahahh

seems #ing stupid to me.

i mean it does have an auto reorder function for popcorn so that is nice.

so you have to put your coffee in the microwave. like with your hands

then instead of pressing the correct time and then start you press the alexa button and say the time.

you have already opened the door. already placed food in. already closed door.
instead of pressing the alexa button and speaking the time why not just go that extra mile and you know, push a couple buttons.

People that buy crap like this makes me understand why the elite think low of us, and they have every reason to.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

(In the future)

Person: Alexis...what and who are the elite?

Alexis: They are people who love you and know whats best...try using google next time.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Or how about the fridge that lets you press a button to see what’s in there, rather than open the damn door hahaha.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm really not sure I see the value of doing things with your voice instead of just pushing the damn button. On my microwave, if I want two minutes, I press two and it starts and goes for two minutes and beeps. How hard is that? It's even not weird in the middle of the night when I don't have to talk to an imaginary woman to make my microwave work.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yea i dont get it ...

kinda like all the touchless bathroom stuff shure is nice but it dose absolutaly nothing usefull

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
My microwave is the basic version, I have to...wait for it...turn a dial, not even digital control shock horror lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Its so that millenials can use the microwave-
How the hell do you expect them to navigate such a complex affair without hooking up to alexa?

I mean come on.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders
My microwave is the basic version, I have to...wait for it...turn a dial, not even digital control shock horror lol

i like my microwave to be built after the radiation shelding was requiered

i had one like that walk past it whereing WIRED headphones and they would cut out god only knows what that thing did to my brain

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian
My microwave is new, just the cheapest version with dial control for the timer lol
It meets all EU safety standards, and being a faraday cage, if I need to discuss secrets with associates, you'll often find everyone's mobile phones shut away inside...just in case.
Alexa, you can go # yourself with your listening in on conversations lol

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I dunno, I guess I may think of the technology or future technology a little differently.
When my elderly mother lived with me we searched high and low for a microwave with a dial so that she could heat up food during the day if she wanted. No, she could not use the digital function. We tried and tried and no success and absolutely she was unable to use the stove.

I could see in the future perhaps, for handicapped and disable folks like her, this could somehow help them and allow them to maintain some independence for a little longer.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

My microwave is new, just the cheapest version with dial control for the timer lol
It meets all EU safety standards, and being a faraday cage, if I need to discuss secrets with associates, you'll often find everyone's mobile phones shut away inside...just in case.
Alexa, you can go # yourself with your listening in on conversations lol

wow u found a new one like that didnt know they make such a thing

i had to settle with one that just had a +and- to add and remove time worked grate untell it cought fire

im seriusaly considering not buying another i have bad luck with microwaves

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Micro's with dial control are like the cheapest ones to buy here in the UK...which is why mine is not digital lol
I bought mine just a few days ago, my combi micro/grill/oven finally died. It was too big for my bin which the council collect so I sneaked out in the night and dumped it in the street knowing the council would have to remove it when a neighbour complained haha.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Argos basic microwave with dial controls ...it is a cheap store in the UK for poor people lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join